Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Driving through Europe

Poster: A snowHead
Slightly hacked off with the effort needed to remove the “UK” sticker from the back of my wife’s car. Very sticky - solvent needed to remove. Would now have rather I had run the risk with the ‘Rozzeurs’.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Why use a sticky ? Magnetic ones are so much easier and multi use. Halfords £3.99 for a single use sticky. £3.99 for a multi use magnetic. Bit of a no-brainer. Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sadly, magnetic does not work if tailgate is not metallic, as I discovered when replacing previous A4 with newer A4 a few years back.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
195062 wrote:
Sadly, magnetic does not work if tailgate is not metallic, as I discovered when replacing previous A4 with newer A4 a few years back.

Ok. Fair point. But then the thought of having to use a solvent on a non-metallic boot would encourage me to sticky to the glass.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Timc wrote:
Why use a sticky ? Magnetic ones are so much easier and multi use. Halfords £3.99 for a single use sticky. £3.99 for a multi use magnetic. Bit of a no-brainer. Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

With the benefit of hindsight and the retrospectoscope, you are right !
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
alti - dude wrote:
Timc wrote:

With the benefit of hindsight and the retrospectoscope, you are right !

Aah well you'll know for next time. I've used magnetics ever since they became available. Going back a long time I left a sticky on longer than I should have and lost £100 on a car trade-in because the paint colour was different where the sticky had been (less faded). We all pay to learn Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Timc wrote:
195062 wrote:

Ok. Fair point. But then the thought of having to use a solvent on a non-metallic boot would encourage me to sticky to the glass.

Halfords also do a non-sticky sticky ones which are useful for estate and hatchback cars. It's basically like cling film (but thicker) and 'sticks' to the inside of the window using static, or magic, or summut. Easy to peel off without leaving a mark.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Put them on the rear window
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
When putting anything adhesive on the inside of the rear window, do take care to not cover any part of the heating element which is extremely fragile!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
ster wrote:
Timc wrote:
Also for France the official government website for fuel prices. https://www.prix-carburants.gouv.fr/ surprisingly easy to navigate, Will also give you all the fuel prices on and near a route.

Wow, and the prices are actually real time and what the sites are actually charging? Why dont we have this?

www.petrolprices.com
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Markymark29 wrote:
Just got back from Austria yesterday morning, overnight ferry Rotterdam/ Hull.

Dutch motorways 95 €2.35/ L, German Autobahns slightly cheaper €2.20, Austria in town Shell €1.80.

Never displayed a UK sticker (never displayed a GB one either in the past, only EU blue with yellow stars), took V5 thankfully not needed, nor RAC breakdown. P&O Hull/ Rotterdam both ways, really pleased with the crossings, attitude/ quality of the staff was excellent despite recent bad P&O bad press. Border Control a PITA incoming into Hull, only 2 gates open for 770 cars and 250 motorbikes, busiest day of the year apparently but that's Britain for you, taking back control of our borders. Dutch border control on outbound brilliant. No issues anywhere on the roads in mainland Europe, absolute pleasure driving there, and so much better drivers than in UK.....keep right unless overtaking, and no middle lane numpties. Clean loo stops everywhere and at €0.70 great value, knocked off the next brew.

Don't forget £2 a day upfront payment for using mobile data (if with EE) - been with them 20 years and still had to pay becasue we both renewed (upgraded ?) last August, another Brexit bonus.

Well, it was widely known and that is why I did not go with EE, as BT tried to force me to, as many other firms are not charging for the privilege. Competition. One hopes EE are suffering from their stupidity
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/12PA-Number-Sticker-Stickers-Europe/dp/B09GPH8NZL?tag=amz07b-21

Less than £2, delivery in 2-3 days, doesn't damage anything on the car, and unlike magnetic stuff can't be nicked by the driver next to you in the tunnel car park while you wait for a coffee inside (and yes, that happened to me).
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Sticky one for me. Peeled off with a heat gun, nothing else needed. Car is ceramic coated. Tar remover would do it if needed.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Drove out over the weekend
Stopped in Monschau so didn’t touch Luxembourg
My god the prices in Germany!!!
Over 2-20 for diesel everywhere
2-37 at Hochfilzen!! service station
Fortunately here in Austria a little more than a couple of weeks ago but generally low 1-90s
Glad I just filled up enough to get home again
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@jafa, 2.49 at Vater whatsit!
ski holidays
Update: never got pinged for driving through Reims or after being flashed by a speed camera in CH. Lucky me !
snow report
UK sticker on roof box
No problem
Left the GB one on as well
Living on the edge!
Risked not having breathalyser kit phew got away with that Toofy Grin
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy