Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

EasyJet - extra bag seats

Poster: A snowHead
If we were to book 2 seats with ones with for an extra 2 hand luggage bags (plus extra leg room etc) could we get access to the speedy checkin etc for the other 2 normal seats?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@NickyJ, as a guess, I think they'd be happy checking you in (as I guess it's sensible to keep the group together) but you wouldn't all get speedy boarding...
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
What's speedy check in?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Which could work quite nicely. I am contemplating that as would cost the same as adding additional hold bag but would get hubby and my eldest extra leg room (in seats youngest is too young to sit in but me and her could sit together in row behind that one)
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
holidayloverxx wrote:
What's speedy check in?

Priority bag drop thing on checking in sorry probably gave wrong name mixing together yhe two bundled items on those sears alongside additional large cabin bag
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@NickyJ, Used to call it "Fast Bag Drop" iirc
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Given that there is now no concept of physical check-in, I'm not really sure what you're getting at. Yes, the two with extra leg room/large cabin bag will get Speedy Boarding, the others won't. Bag drop is only relevant for those with hold bags to check in, which seems not to be the case here, you simply do the online check-in up until a couple of hours before the flight and have the boarding card on your phones (or printed if you prefer).

Interesting that when we flew over this week (in the UK to clear a house for sale and stuff) they were very specific about telling those without SB to go back and sit down until SB passengers had embarked. Tended to minimise the number of people getting in the way. We waited right until the last minute to board which was nice and easy, the only risk being that if the lockers are full you might actually have to put the bags where your feet are supposed to be, but this time no such trouble.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Chaletbeauroc, we have hold bags and skis booked in.... i have been a bit mean and wondering if I need a bit more.

Due to the carnage often experienced at Geneva I have already booked seats which gives access to the priority bag drop for return flight and extra hand luggage. Going out that bit isn't needed but works out same money for 2 and would give my 6' 2 husband extra legroom. Means and gives me extra options for additional baggage as I have booked less than normal and now second guessing myself
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I’ve flown EJ from GVA a couple of times recently with a basic ticket and a large size carry on bag plus laptop bag and haven’t been questioned / charged extra. Lack of staff seems to have led to them just letting everyone through without checking baggage
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@BobinCH, That was our experience on Tuesday too. We were almost the last to board, but nobody seemed to be having their bag sizes checked. It could be, of course, that they knew how full the plane was and how many people had booked extra bags, and that therefore there would be plenty of space...

Also of note was that the journey through security and passport control was the quickest I've know it in 20-odd years. Time of day, presumably, but not even a hint of a queue at the first and only one person in front at Immigration. Only slightly annoyed by the passport-checker insisting to see our C permits and claiming that we have always needed to show it with the passport. Rubbish, not once have I been asked for it on departure, and not always on arrival either.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

Given that there is now no concept of physical check-in

I've wondered just what check-in does mean now. You bought a ticket for a specific seat on a specific flight. Why isn't that the end of it? When I flew back from Marseille last week (with an extra cabin bag, supposedly speedy boarding) the gate was very busy - there were only a few seats and most people either sat on floor or leant against a kind of barrier thing. The flight was full and boarding was just a general scrum. But I was travelling "First Class" (ie, as opposed to With Children) so all was fine and I dashed across Gatwick just in time to get the last train to Portsmouth Harbour.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I doubt you would - we flew back from Spain recently and had 3 hand luggage only and one speedy boarding and had to go with the masses. Tbh, can't see the point of speedy boarding as everyone had to get on the plane anyway and as the cabin bag situation is tighter these days, we had no problems putting the supposed under bag seats in the lockers. Or maybe because it was school holidays and there were lots of families so more checked than hand luggage only so plenty of cabin luggage space.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Chaletbeauroc, we were told that with C permits we can use the Euro passport lane into Switzerland as Swiss residents, so don’t have to queue in Brit lane. Also, we were told that by showing C permits they don’t stamp the EU in and out box with arrow which triggers the 90 days in EU. I did it in CDG last week where they always stamp...showed my C permit and no stamp.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Goliard, exactly that.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Goliard, Yeah, I can see that, never really thought about passport stamps. Just that I've flown out of GVA quite a few times since Brexit and never been asked before, and the fact that the guy said that it had always been the case when it seems that they've just not been doing things correctly up until now.
latest report
Works on a B permit too - when we go to UK we have to go on UK not Eire passports. Last time I got to Gatwick the passport lady asked me why I was coming back - I said for a wedding, she replied ‘not to remind yourself why you left then’ Laughing
latest report
@Nadenoodlee, why do you needo use uk passports? Mrs U uses her uk one for ukentry and her French one for everything else Puzzled
snow report
@under a new name, because we were entering the UK.
snow report
@Nadenoodlee, Heh. I hope she was being deliberately ironic. I'd dread to think that anyone would ask that seriously.

Although the real ale and curries of the last few days have been nice, I must say. Still will be glad to get back home in a couple of days.
snow conditions
@Nadenoodlee, do the uk not let Oirishers in then?

To be specific, Mrs U leaves GVA on her FR and goes in to the uk on her uk. i just present my cds on Schengen entry and exit.
snow conditions
If you’re a UK national you are supposed to enter and leave on your UK passport. Would it cause a problem- probably not but whats the point in having it and never using it?
ski holidays
@Nadenoodlee, fair enough, she does use it, but only in a limited and specific way Twisted Evil
latest report
@Chaletbeauroc, there was a very wry smile with it. I am popping over in September and I am not looking forward to it to be honest except for family visits AND fish & chips
ski holidays
Well I just booked hubby emergency exit seats, and rest of us row behind. Registered youngest for special assistance and then asked at desk if she could accompany my husband on to board with more time and while quieter (she is autistic). They asked how many we were and let us all 4 board with priority. Which was lovely (and tbh better as my daughter is less panicked with me but this is why I needed to sit next to and hubby being over 6ft appreciate extra leg room)

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Sat 24-12-22 8:36; edited 1 time in total
latest report
@NickyJ, good thinking and planning.
How did it all get so complicated?
I suppose just a cunning way for airlines to promote a low headline price but then sting you on all the extras.

One flight I’m thinking of booking is only £13 basic price. Tempting to book an extra seat and take along a large Kevin the Carrot, with his carry on bag. Show how ridiculous it all is and see what they make of that.

snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy