Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Amadé 2021-22

Poster: A snowHead
So here we go again. New topic for all matters Ski Amadé 2021-22.

Please post helpful tips, advice and amusing ditties for those in the know and those who wish to know.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 12-10-21 18:28; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
COVID Test Centre Flachau for those that may need it.

https://www.testzentrum-flachau.com/?fbclid=IwAR1RhcrCrJovDu9CV8HXyn6NELE31gVGMyLVepHjht4MjhXYHTUkgRj2C38
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Excellent idea. I've been enjoying the autumn colours and been for a few hikes up in the mountains. The mountain ski preparation has started, lifts are being serviced, snow cannons are in place, netting and mats going up. It's all systems go. Accommodation is ready to receive guests, and most importantly

OUR GUESTHOUSE IS OPEN.

We are really looking forward to seeing some familiar faces this season, and hopefully some new. Happy season everyone. Ange snowHead
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@flangesax, Popping over tomorrow for a short 3 day visit, then out permanently from 19 Nov. Booked out for the winter until 12 March 22 so season looking good. No Brits though, where is everybody??? Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@RedandWhiteFlachau, that's great your bookings are looking full. We have gaps, Christmas week and half term we have some rooms available too. We could do with a bumper season, let's hope the snow is good too. Ange snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
flangesax wrote:

OUR GUESTHOUSE IS OPEN.

We are really looking forward to seeing some familiar faces this season.................

and not looking to forward to seeing some other familiar faces ? wink Laughing

as per RedandWhiteFlachau's post above, is there a test centre in Radstadt ? We're trying to get a vaccine for T, but the process is being run by a private company rather than his school. and anyway, he'll only get one jab here rather than two, so i suspect he'll need to LFT regularly throughout our week to get a lift pass/get into restraurants etc ?

Cheers x
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Timberwolf, Laughing . Yes, there is a test centre at the Red Cross in Radstadt, it's very fast and efficient. Ange.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The latest info from Ski Amade. Ange

https://www.skiamade.com/corona_en
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ski Amade - check out 'my ski Amade friends club' some useful stuff, especially free mountain rescue to the valley. Ange snowHead

https://www.skiamade.com/en/auth/club
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Can anyone recommend a ski school/instructor for the week of Nov 28th-Dec 3rd? Would there be any chance of any adult group lessons that week or would I be limited to private only? Thanks in advance for any help.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@doddsie, where?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'll be in Radstadt, so anywhere within a 30min drive would be preferable.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@doddsie, that early you may have to go to the Dachstein glacier for lessons
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Maybe Reiteralm, but that is early @doddsie, Cool
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I skied this week 2 years ago between Reiteralm, Zauchensee and Planai. All had limited lifts open, hence why I’m looking for some lessons, as it will be more interesting to work on my technique whilst repeating the same runs.
snow report
@doddsie, Sent you a PM.
snow conditions
Morning Folks. Posted this on the Entry to Austria thread, but reposting for the locals. Would be helpful to get a local perspective over the next few weeks. Here we go then. I read the important bits as no vaccine = no entry to establishments (not Austria per se) and that no booster means your vaccinated status now expires at the 9 month (270 Day) point, after which you are considered unvaccinated for purposes of entry, which presumably applies equally at immigration?

NEW "2-G-rule": The following measures are in effect from 8 November:

Like in many other European countries, COVID cases in Austria are currently rising. To keep locals and visitors safe, additional protection measures are about to be introduced:

For hotels, restaurants, bars, nightclubs, leisure centres, gyms, cultural institutions (cinemas, theatres etc.), ski lifts and body-related services (such as hairdressers) proof of vaccination/recovery is mandatory (children under the age of 12 are exempt).

For events with 25 people or more proof of vaccination/recovery is mandatory (children under the age of 12 are exempt).

COVID tests (both PCR and antigen) are no longer valid as "entry tests".

FFP2 masks are required on public transport, in cable cars and in all retail businesses and museums.

2-dose-vaccinations are now valid for 9 months only after the second dose (previously: 12 months)

Up until 5 December, proof of the first dose plus a negative PCR test are valid for hospitality businesses, body-related services and events.

Children under 12 years are currently exempt from entry rules, for minors between 12 and 18 years, a solution is being worked on.
snow report
Good afternoon folks. Anyone have any idea how/if this rule is going to be enforced?

"Please be advised that proof of vaccination/recovery is mandatory for ANY type of accommodation, e.g. chalets, holiday apartments, mountain huts etc."

Does this mean that we are expected to turn away guests in our apartments who cannot provide evidence? Is it the owners responsibility to check or are we relying on guests to self-comply? I don't really want to be standing on the doorstep to check every new arrival. Thoughts?
snow report
@RedandWhiteFlachau, link to the rule please?

can Tourist Information advise?
snow report
@holidayloverxx,

https://www.austria.info/en/service-and-facts/coronavirus-information/ski-winter-holidays
snow conditions
@holidayloverxx, https://www.austria.info/en/service-and-facts/coronavirus-information/tests

I'm waiting to see if the Tourist Office adds anything to the Registration Portals. That would be the most obvious way to check and put the onus on the local authority rather than owners. Obviously if you live in our area you could check everyone but how would absentee landlords deal with the issue?
ski holidays
@RedandWhiteFlachau, yes, and, it is the acc providers responsibility. Its strict, and there are fines! Ange.
snow report
@flangesax, Thanks Ange. I guess my Saturday afternoons might be curtailed a bit then Very Happy
ski holidays
@RedandWhiteFlachau, the joys of renting! Ange.
ski holidays
@RedandWhiteFlachau, the joys of renting! Ange.
ski holidays
@flangesax, Might have to get the wife to do it, she isn't paying me enough for every Saturday. I can probably chip in on the odd day when the 6 Nations are on.
snow report
Myself and @flagansax managed a ski on the Dachstein Glacier last Friday (12 Nov 21). Only 2 t-bars open, very quiet but my first ski in 20 months so super chuffed to get a bit of sliding in. The next morning we skied on the Planai (Schladming), one lift opened up on the Friday. A case of driving up to Onkle Willys hut to ski on the piste down to the one open chair. Again limited but nice piste conditions. No huts open but a mobile beer trailer and some tables. So we stopped for a beer at 0930, we did starting skiing at 0830! Anyway not exactly much skiing but considering how little snowfall there's been it's cool to get a few laps in at 1700 or so vert metres.

The next morning we swapped the skis for mountain bikes (in my case a crap old halfords hardtail with broken lockout on front suspension, yuck). Took a nice climb out of Schladming into Untertal and up Planai to mid station. Below natural snowline but was some manmade pockets nearby on piste - which I couldn't help but ride through. We picked up the "flow line" section of the bike park before heading a bit offpiste back towards Untertal and then town. Fab to have skied and biked the same mountain in one weekend. Shame I missed the bike season but too much travel hassle to get out there over the summer. This trip I flew ryanair to STN - SZG, which have at last started again for a few days a week. First direct flights from UK to Salzburg in a long time.

A few pics (gave up trying to embed directly, way too hard to do)
https://photos.app.goo.gl/MfF1hneEhK2eENCy6
latest report
Great to see Planai open and your pics from last weekend. So here's a cheeky request for any advice on travel regulations following the recent Covid changes on 15 Nov. Not looking to avoid responsibility so will check before we depart but 4x fully vaccinated adults flying to Munich then driving to Schladming for our annual (but not last year) Schladminger Beer Tasting weekend on 3 Dec. Any help/guidance would be appreciated.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Bez, the main covid things are make sure you have your NHS vaccine qr code, the second one is the important one. I had the NHS app and hard copy. Showed at airport and once in a restaurant. Also FFP2 mask are the standard. Weren't really checking mask on the few lifts I used but was pretty quiet. A mask and skiing is a bit faffy but I guess something you'd get used to. On collecting ski pass wasn't asked for vaccine evidence but seemed to suggest that would come in end of Nov. Obviously rules changing all the time. suggest you keep track on this thread https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=153006#4854281 rather than start again here.

Happy minger tasting!
snow report
Waynos, many thanks for the advice. And the forecast seems to be starting to look positive for cold temps and snow. Cheers
snow conditions
Maybe irrelevent for some people in light of today's announcements, but for those that still make the journey:

Drove out to Austria 18/19 Nov 21. Eurotunnel requires you to upload the usual API plus a copy of the French "Honour" form. At the French Passport check you are required to show proof of vaccination but no additional request to see a hard copy of said "Honour" form.

No issues the otherside, drove off as normal. Stopped overnight in Brussells with friends. Mask wear on entry to restaurant. Restaurant asked to see proof of vaccination and NHS COVID pass on phone was accepted by their QR scanner.

Drove from Belgium to Austria on 19 Nov 21. No checks on route crossing borders. You can purchase food and drinks at German Service Stations, wearing masks, but if you want to eat indoors you have to show proof of vaccination.

Arrived in Flachau. Ate out and was required to wear mask on entry and show proof of vaccination. Obviously operating on the 2G rules. Will post on lockdown restrictions next week.
snow report
I see on facebook Planai just announced they will reopen a couple on lifts on Friday, they say regs mean they can under 2G conditions. Also Dachstein glacier is operating lifts as of today. A bit of snow forecast later in the week too.
snow report
Went out and bagged a couple of peaks today for our "Exercise", nice base forming above 1700m but not quite enough to ski safely on yet.

Anyhow, on passing through Grossarl I spotted a very long queue for the bus. Turned out it was the mobile Vaccination Centre. Interestingly, almost everyone I spotted in said queue was over 50. Good for them but seeing as the vast majority of cases in Austria are in the 5-24 Age group, we're still going to need the youngsters showing up.
latest report
Long Shot I know, but does anyone in Ski Amade have space for 3 families (12-16 People) for half-term week 19-26 Feb 22? Please PM me if you do and I'll put you in touch with the person who enquired.
latest report
We have some availability for that week, and other weeks too. If their numbers change or they need to split the group then please forward our details onto them. Ange.
latest report
@flangesax, Ange, I looked on your page first and have already sent them a link. Cool
ski holidays
Der Winter kommt!

snow report
Thinking of popping up to Planai tomorrow, anyone tried it out today (Sat)?
ski holidays
Opted for Reiteralm instead. Very nice up there today although wasn't planning having a Bumps session. Very Happy

latest report
We did one run at Reiteralm late yesterday, mogul heaven - if you like moguls! Ange.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy