Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Montgenevre as a base into the milkyway

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello all,

We are considering Montgenevre for our trip next year. I notice it has a reasonable sized ski area but is also part of the milkyway. When you look at the milkyway pistemap though Montgenevre is right out on the end. Is it worth getting a combined pass? It seems like it would be quite a trek to get much beyond Sansecario.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you get the monts de lune pass it gives you unlimited skiing in montgenevre and claviere with one day in the larger Milky Way. If this is your first trip to Montgenevre I’d say that would be sufficient. The galaxy pass gives unlimited access to the whole Milky Way and also days in neighbouring resorts but having been to Montgenevre several times we have never got much beyond claviere and been happy with the Montgenevre/claviere area.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Great, thank you
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It’s a long way from montgenevre to san sicario and beyond. Did this from the other direction this year and took about 2 hours from sauze to montgenvre. We were accomplished skiers and didn’t hang about however the list system to get across is very very slow.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Agree with above, you need to cross a valley which involves a slow lift down and another slow lift up. (I don't know whether there is a piste route down in perfect conditions). You may not want more than a single day trip over.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Very much agree with what @snowymum said. Our group have been to the Milky Way quite a few times now but we have always stayed at Sauze, which is at the opposite end to Montgenevre. We always make it over to Monte once but that enough for a week, it’s a bit of a trek there and back in a day. As said, the most annoying bit of it is getting from Sansicario down the valley to Cesana then up to Claviere and Monte, it’s a lot of (slow) chairlifts to be taking.

Sansicario is probably my favourite part of the whole area with some lovely sweeping reds and easy blacks, so it’s worth the effort to get there. Any further on is always possible but just keep an eye on the clock, the lifts back take much longer than you might think just looking at them on the map.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy