Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Zealand in October?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

Has anyone ever been snowboarding in New Zealand in October? Most websites and books say the season ends early October. Im on honeymoon arriving in NZ on the 30th Sept and wondered what the chances were of getting a couple of days on the snow??

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
KC, welcome to snowHeads snowHead

I skied at Coronet Peak (nr Queenstown) when I went to NZ a few years back.....can't remember the exact date, but I think it was near the end of Sept.....snow wan't great then, but it was doable...and it's always good to be able to say you've skied down under!!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
KC, My sister skied somewhere near Queestown almost exactly the same week two years ago and said conditions were fantastic. I supose it will ultimately depend on how the snow goes over the course of the season so you may have to play it by ear a bit, but from what I hear they have had a good start so you are probably in with a good chance! Maybe email a couple of the resorts and see what dates they close as it would be annoying to miss out by a couple of days?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
KC, My wife and i skiied in Whakapapa (north island) on our honeymoon towards the end of October 2 years ago. Top half of the resort was open and skiing was ok in the early morning getting slushy by lunchtime.

If you are arriving in Auckland this ski area is about 4 hrs away by car i think and i can recommend staying in the Grand Chateau (dont remember exact name). It's like a grand old European country house dropped on the side of a volcano in NZ! If you like snooker it's got a full size table, other highlights include cocktails before dinner and a great (if a bit stuffy) restaurant. Dress code was no jeans or trainers and that was all i as we left loads of our kit in Auckland and therefore was forced to sneak in to dinner behind my wife.

I would have thought you'd be fine to find some snow being a fair bit earlier......
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I too arrived in NZ (Christchurch) on 30th september a couple of years ago. We jumped in a car and headed straight to queenstown where we spent a week boarding. snow was great, but it had been a good snow season. if it had been last year i don't think we would have seen much snow at all... Coronet and Remarkables are due to close second week of oct, so it's like spring skiing really. check out www.nzski.co.nz for info.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Mt Hutt should still be going and both Turoa and Whakapapa will almost definateley be still open, the rest would be winding down their season or already closed, depending on how good a winter it is.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy