Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Overhaul & parts old Burton bindings

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi. I have an old pair of Synchros (sp?) which are totally fine except that the plastic pins which hold the straps in are all suddenly (on one day!) disintegrating Sad God bless zipties rolling eyes
Seems terrible shame to bin them. Anywhere in UK who can still supply replacement Burton or other make straps? And what else might be worth overhauling, if anything? Screes & plates seem solid.
Cheers.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've snapped a strap on my 15+ year old customs and managed to get an OEM replacement strap set last year. Well worth it to keep them going as spares!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Grizzler, the ladder part or the ratchet part?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Richard_Sideways, sorry, not up with the lingo.
The bit where the notched strap, which is then ratcheted, attaches to the main binding frame, via some kind of plastic knobble, presumably once on the strap? Also where the strap holding on the actual padded bit and buckle attaches the same to the other side. Both front. Both R & L sides of one foot's binding.
There were just bits of disintegrated once-plastic in the snow, and an unattached strap... Twice.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@leggyblonde, brill. From where?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Most burton dealers carry spares or

https://www.fixmybinding.com/

Also pretty sure that spark bindings are the same fitting as burton

https://sickandwrong.co.uk/product/spark-backcountry-kit
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Grizzler, from your description I assume you're talking about the toe straps? Replacement slider kits should be fairly easy to come by, e.g. https://www.skibartlett.com/snowboard-c141/spare-snowboard-parts-c379/burton-toe-ratchet-tongue-slider-replacement-p13505

Or contact Burton rider services, they're usually pretty good with supplying spares.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yeah I'd suggest Burton direct in Austria. They sorted out my highback that busted its adjuster on my Cartels. Free replacement, sent the pair when I only needed one and apologised for not being able to colour match.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Cheers, I'll try those links when I get back home.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy