Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Giro d'Italia

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@MorningGory, yes, nice to see San Pellegrino, Passo Pordoi, Arabba, Caprile, Malga Ciapela and Passo Fedaia. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Is there highlights of todays stage on anywhere this evening
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@2waterford, Quest, 7pm.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
big_ben wrote:
+1 for Robbie McEwan.
Sean Kelly is good, but I find myself having to mute the commentary when he is on as he normally partners with Rob Hatch. He (Hatch) needs to understand that he should only add to what we can see on screen and not make it all about his (over) pronunciation of riders names and the sheer speaking for the sake of it.
..Nick

Rob Hatch gets the pronunciation of riders' names and place names spot-on every time, whether in French, Spanish, Italian, German or Portuguese. I can't comment on the pronunciation of other nationalities but it sounds like he has done his homework there etc too. It's called being a professional and it's a breath of fresh air compared to the embarrassing and infuriating butchering foreign names are subjected to at the hands of most Anglophone commentators (like Kelly). If you find correct pronunciation irritating maybe it is because it triggers your sense of linguistic inadequacy? Go and put the graft in to learn all those languages and names properly, then you can have an opinion on what constitutes "over-pronunciation".

Hatch is also good at interrupting some of the dreadful co-hosts (the charmless, repetitive Sean Kelly and the dour Brian Smith etc) when something exciting happens and they don't break their drab monologue. Someone at EuroSport should explain to them the difference between commentating and just talking. Dan Lloyd is my favourite overall, he has some great insights and the right amount of humour.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
linguistic inadequacy?

I'm currently in Spain and talking slowly and loudly in English is very adequate thank you Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@MorningGory, sometimes it's the best way. I went on a golfing holiday to Spain with a mate who was keen to dust off his O level Spanish but every time he wanted butter for his toast he asked for 'burro' which as we all know means donkey. It was amazing how often he asked for donkey on that trip.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
BigFoodBear wrote:

Rob Hatch gets the pronunciation of riders' names and place names spot-on every time, whether in French, Spanish, Italian, German or Portuguese.

Indeed, he even pronounces English and American names in their Original French or Spanish way so much does he overdo it.

I had the misfortune to watch the Giro a couple of years ago commented by Rob, never again, he's worse than Hugh Porter for OTT hyperbole.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@davidof, I take it you haven't sat through an afternoon of Carlton Kirby. His greatest asset is that he makes everyone else relatively bearable.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Riccardo wrote:
@davidof, I take it you haven't sat through an afternoon of Carlton Kirby. His greatest asset is that he makes everyone else relatively bearable.

Fortunately never !

On the French commentary teams we have the sublime Marion Rousse on France TV

and the studious Claire Brigcogne on l'Equipe.

Both know to speak only when they have something intelligent to say rather than hours of OTT inane ranting. Claire is a qualified journalist and Marion has a very good knowledge of the Peleton.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy