Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Wanted: Powder skis

Poster: A snowHead
Hey!

As I'm going to teach a season in Canada (West-Coast) next winter (and enjoy the powpow in my spare time), I'm in need of a pair of wider ski's. I think I'm looking for a 100mm+ width at least, maybe even a bit wider and about 180+cm length.
Now I don't have a lot of money to throw around so I'm not looking at ski's you're trying to sell for 500. I was wondering if anyone had a pair lying around (in decent state) that they don't need anymore.
I'm 24, athletic, about 75kg and 178cm (5'10) and I'm from Belgium so I won't be able to pick them up anywhere.
As for my level, I'm a pretty strong skier I would say. I have my level 2 BASI certificate for awhile now and aiming to get my BASI 3 in the future.

Thank you in advance!
Hit me up!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@gmatias283, tap up @Horizon for his Kneissl Tankers Happy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've got Arno's old pair of Atomic Powdercruises that he legged me over on eBay for and have since languished in my garage.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Dave of the Marmottes, heaviest pair of skis ever Laughing
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have a pair of full bore FIS GSs in a 192 that work pretty well for me, will be binning em next weekend otherwise ...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=4935231&highlight=rupe#4935231

I'm reasonably sure that these are available still
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@gmatias283, how wide? We'll have various things, some that spring to mind:

Ex demo R108's in 186 (108 underfoot btw, if you hadn't figured that out).

Brand new old season R108 in 186.

Ex demo Redeemer 180's (128 underfoot from memory).

Brand new but old season Redeemer 180's.

Maybe some ex demo Ragnarok gen2 (118 underfoot, 190 length).

Ex demo are cheap, brand new old season not as cheap (but new). Ex demo will have been drilled once for either Marker (worm drive) Royal Family demo (so would take a Royal Family at 315mm back into 8 of the 9 holes) or Tyrolia AAAtack demo, either could be remounted with the relevant used demo bindings if wanted.

Where in BE? I'll be driving through mid Aug, start Sept, late Oct.

Check the website for specs.

PM me for prices.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

Maybe some ex demo Ragnarok gen2 (118 underfoot, 190 length).

This is all the ski you will ever need.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
https://www.sport-bittl.com/en/whitedot-ragnarok-118-carbon-light-20-21-freeski::170669.html

398,00 € plus shipping from Germany.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Selling some Dynastar Legend 106 (106mm wide). 188cm Length with Look Pivot bindings. Let me know if you are interested.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Dr.Snow wrote:
https://www.sport-bittl.com/en/whitedot-ragnarok-118-carbon-light-20-21-freeski::170669.html

Below trade cost bargain of the century for a superb ski.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Add on the UK Duty and VAT, “Please note that any kind of customs duties, taxes and fees (outside the EU) will have to be paid by the recipient. ”

But seems like the price already has 19% VAT on it which they should remove when you enter a UK export address, so the VAT should be a wash. Only the Duty to worry about.

Still likely a good deal though
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@ster, the OP is in Belgium.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@spyderjon, oops, then yes a very good deal.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Dr.Snow wrote:

Nice price indeed. There’s now one less pair of those in stock. Thanks for the link!
latest report
@Legend., I bought a pair of Rondes and added some ATK bindings from @spyderjon. I just couldn't justify the Ragnoroks (sadly I don't have enough epic powder days) whereas I hope you can. Very Happy (Still tempted, they are a steal at that price).
snow report
@ster,

For the Whitedot - Ronde 110 Carbon Light 20/21 Freeski (German list price 498 €) I paid 418,49 € (i.e. minus German VAT, the website removes the VAT when you come to pay) plus UK shipping of 19,95 €, total 438,44 €. UK VAT and duty and UPS admin charge was £89.07. (Most of this was UK VAT, I think the Excise Duty was 2.5% and a few quid to UPS to deal with paperwork).

You make a valid point but I think that most EU companies and countries are getting on top of how to make this work so they can ship to the UK. Skis are gorgeous, pictures don't do them justice ...
snow report
Yeah still living in an EU country sure has some benefits. Much less hassle for so many things. (Who’d have guessed!?)

Looking forward to delivery on Monday.
snow conditions
@Dr.Snow, Happy days. If I've done my sums right, it's cost you an extra 25 Euros compared to an EU resident so still very much a bargain. Hopefully one day we'll actually know the full cost at purchase, rather than when the courier turns up at the door.
ski holidays
Quote:
Check the website for specs
What website is that midgetbiker?
ski holidays
@mountainaddict,

https://www.whitedotskis.com/collections/factoryoutlet
snow conditions
I notice the OP hasn't posted since his first post in May but I'm afraid I just couldn't take it any longer - I've edited his title to reflect the fact that the plural of SKI is SKIS - there's no bloody apostrophe !!!

Grrr - must be the heat Toofy Grin
snow report
@Yoda, snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy