Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saas-Fee

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I checked the trip reports, and there wasn't a lot written about this place. I have booked a place there for the 5 days 29 jan - 3 feb with a group of strong(ish) skiiers, and it seems like a nice spot. Doesn't look like there is too much off-piste (but I could be mistaken - I usually am).

Has anyone been there in the past 5 years, so I am curious if anyone has, and any tips that they could share?

We'll be staying 50m from the main gondola station, so the location is good. As its car-free, the local supermarkets look to be 200m walk away..

Is there any apres there?

Any other tips are much appreciated!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We were there 2019. We were in the Allalin on the other side of town, so indeed your location is good. We are not offpiste skiers except for the odd diversion between pistes, so not much help there, but given the territory, i’d be amazed if there was not decent offpiste. Some very good restaurants in town, and we found only one really nice piste based place for lunch, near town on the west side. Suggest a good trip advisor search as I can’t remember the names. It’s not party central, but some decent apres bars. We did not find any live music which we would have liked, such as the Papperla in Zermatt, but I’m sure things will have moved on.
Fabulous scenery with the 4000 metre peaks all around separating you from the Visp valley.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Most of my time in Saas-Fee is from a lot longer ago that 5 years, though I have been more recently later in the season, so some of this may be out of date (but not the bit about glaciers)

Re off-piste, the main limitation is that a lot of the skiing is on glaciers, and there's a significant risk of crevasses near the piste, and at that time of year they're not likely to be filled-in.

From an apres perspective, from what I remember you can split this into 2.
1. Directly from skiing, before going back to accommodation (if you do). This will be busiest in the bars / hotels from the bottom of the Spielboden lift along the load into town
2. Later in the evening is more likely to be busier in town
That said, late January will be relatively quiet wherever you go
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
All is booked now. Very much looking forward to this trip Happy Thanks for the responses!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Lilledonmarco, have a good trip
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Saas Fee is great fun you will enjoy it. We go every year, but in the spring when it really comes into its own. It is not the biggest or most challenging area but enough to occupied for the 5 days. Don’t ignore Platjen, a separate mountain with a single gondola, it has a really good run.

Despite the glacier there is quite a bit of off-piste to be had when there is enough snow. The best of it will require an hour or so of skinning though. Get in touch with Ski Zenit, if there is good snow they will organize a day of off-piste and if not they are top notch instructors who will make sure you get the best out of the slopes.

Apres immediately after skiing is fun for a while with a few bars at the foot of the slopes. Restaurants are generally very good - one of the best local ones is in the Mistral (which also has an outdoor apres bar).

Enjoy!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Been several times as friends live nearby. Small area that can be skied easily within a day but thanks to its altitude and orientation a great early and late season option. Re off piste hoping this winter to hire a guide for the run that starts from the half way point of the top underground funicular Cool
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy