Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Wed’ze skis - any good?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Any views on wedze skis? There seems to be a cheap tween set of skis for £100 for my daughter on their site. Any experience of whether they are any good or shall I get something more expensive? These could potentially be her last skis… if not they will be mine lol
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Wedze skis are good value. You see a lot of very competent French skiers on them - and wearing Decathlon gear too.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
A friend bought a pair. Strong intermediate skier - found them fine. They're probably manufactured by one of the big ski producers and branded for Decathlon.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Lots of positive reviews online. Usually manufactured in one of the major factories to their own specs.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Never tried their skis, but I'm a big fan of Decathlon, especially since they opened up in Switzerland too, where they're actually slightly cheaper due to lower VAT rates. Their skiwear is all pretty decent quality, and in recent years they've been expanding their range towards the more expert end of the market, so I'd have no qualms, quality-wise, with their skis, as they do seem to know what they're doing.

Previous threads suggest that their skis are made by Rossignol, but I have no idea if that's true or not.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Changed from Decathlon to Atomic, purely because the Atomics were on special

Having used both , both equally easy to turn
Minor observation , on a flattish section Decathlon did not glide as well as Atomics

To sum up, Decathlon excellent value for money
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I seem to recall claims here that they were Dynastar “seconds” although I have no idea how that works
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've had a pair of wedze Samurai which served me very well. A tad heavy for touring, but in part due to the adjustable touring bindings. Good value too. Provided the size is right, I'd buy again .
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
When they were a customer of mine Decathlon had their own design team and I think they also had a manufacturing plant for some skis, but I believe they have always had the majority made by various other big boys (to their design and spec.).
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've never used Decathlon skis but I have used a lot of their other ski gear, I like the fact that you are not paying for a "name"
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy