Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Post your best picture from this season!

Poster: A snowHead
daehwons, they were having a cross ski area race day, which included walking up Corbets. You can just about see the rope off the bottom of the ladder they needed to make the last bit.

hibernia, to be honest, not that far, at that sort of angle anyway. If you took out the bit until just below the exposed rock I'm pretty sure I'd of done it and I'm ballsy but I'm not an idiot. Like some wag in the cable car said, 'it's one turn, man' but if you don't make that turn . . .

Here's another looking straight down.

ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nickski, of course not, it's an optical illusion rolling eyes

(she's skiing backwards Wink)
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
PG, pah, well there's nothing special about skiing backwards, I can do that. Although, admitedly, I can't do it through tight gates on a technical course.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
pedro maia, nice photos, and welcome!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
hibernia,

After the side-slip I suspect it opens out quite a bit from there on..
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
hibernia, thanks but I couldn´t be more «amateur», I don´t know anything about photo tecnique, but there are places which are so beautiful that it´s easy to get some nice shots.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
admin,

I'm Not.

I don't like anyone except myself.

wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!

Melchsee-Frutt, Switzerland on a warm, sunny, cloudless day in early April...get in snowHead
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Andorra's Smouldering Volcano??

snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Stephen Neal, Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Some great photos on this thread.

This https://snowheads.com/the_zone/showphoto.php/data/536/medium/biglines_56207.jpg is the photo I want to put on here, but how do I do it?

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Sat 3-06-06 23:42; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
snowball wrote:
Some great photos on this thread.

This https://snowheads.com/the_zone/showphoto.php/data/536/medium/biglines_56207.jpg is the photo I want to put on here, but how do I do it?

Like this
Code:
[img]http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/data/536/medium/biglines_56207.jpg[/img]

snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks FenlandSkier.
I took the photo in the Dolomites - A nice off-piste couloir: our guide Zeb Roche is videoing Cedric. Another friend, John K, further down.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snowball, nice looking indeed.

The odd thing I found about the Dolomites was that some of the runs are equally bounded with rock like that - although not as steep nor narrow.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:

Sad to relate I have no idea where this is. It could be any of: Champoluc, Chamonix, Courmayeur or Cervinia. I think, on balance, it's probably Chamonix somewhere. I just like the colours.
snow report
And this is Utah - Alta to be a little more precise. I love the depth of the blue sky. As you might imagine, we were having a fun day.

snow conditions
David Murdoch, Yes, there were lots like that with rocky walls, some less steep and some steeper. The rock strata seem to naturally produce that sort of couloir. Here is a steeper one we skied, taken by Cedric (he has drawn a line down where we went) To give you the scale it is about 300 metres top to bottom:

And here we are about 2/3 of the way down it:

snow report
snowball, what is the location of your photos?. Really awsome rock features. The Dolomites and Sud Tirol are my favourite areas to ski. If you can get the right combination of snow and sun then that really makes it!. Very Happy . These photos really inspire me to back there next season.

You do, of course, have to be careful going down these narrow gulleys with potential avalanche risks that may exist.
ski holidays
They are both by the SellaRonda: The second one is from the cablecar at the Passo Pordoi (you will see it off to the left when you have gone a short way) , and the first is climbing up ahead, instead of going right for the main way down or left to the foot of the other couloir, and skiing north from the Piz Boe, slightly along the ridge then down to the right and then a few yards climb to the ridge again and the couloir is over the top (difficult to explain without a map exactly where we went but it is a variant start to the Val de Mesdi - sometimes called the Italian Vallee Blanche -which ends at Colfosco)
For our full holiday with lots more pics see Cedric's witty account
snow conditions
David Murdoch said; And this is Utah - Alta to be a little more precise. I love the depth of the blue sky.

David, in Utah, Park City, the locals lovingly phrase it as a Blueberry Sky.
snow report
snowball, that looks all rather entertaining. But is one of your party replacing a ski? Somewhat sub-optimal I'd have thought...??

Stephen Neal, excellent!! I think I could quite get to love Blueberry Sky!
snow conditions
snow conditions
latest report

snow report
1 val disere 30 th april
2 looking down from vanoise express 11 th jan
3 25th nov on farm Devon
4 innsbruck airport 23rd dec shut had to transfer to munich for return flight
ski holidays
Each new season, the Tyrol in Ischgl celebrates a popular world theme in the form of ice sculptures positioned on their middle runs. This season (2006/07) their themed ice sculptures depict a World Cup Theme. The 2nd snap is peering from the inside and looking out from the 1st snap. And what you see is Ischgl's Idalpe Arena that plays host each year to the worlds most popular superstars.

snow conditions
My particular favourite from this year - above Courcheval and Meribel in April.

snow report
Also these, taken a matter of moments before:

I'll try and find my best from Morzine and Soldeu too.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It was a lovely day to take photos, but boy, far too bloody hot! I was planning on Bikini skiing that day, but I got a bit worried that I'd get firts degree burns all over my body! Embarassed
ski holidays
Kramer wrote:
Frosty the Snowman, and the small black dot on the brow of the hill in the distance is Jerry - off-piste hero. Very Happy
Have I still got the poles in my hands at that point ? rolling eyes

Quote:
Note to self, I really ought to start putting my camera somewhere a bit more accessible when I'm skiing.
Yeah, where are the race photos ? I look crap in motion - was hoping for a still that made me look half-competent! Smile
ski holidays
Jerry, the race photos didn't really come out.
snow conditions
skisimon, Scottish Ski Club racer foreground last pic... early April there were the Scottish Championships in Courchevel and the British across in Meribel, see any of those?
latest report
Jerry, I got some - If I have time Ill post em.
ski holidays
Wow, there are some good photos here.

Wish I'd taken my camera now.
ski holidays
PG, yeah, saw some of the British champs whilst we were waiting early in the morning for the ski instructors to take the learners off our hands (school trip). About half way through, I realised that when I was in Morzine at February I'd raced against one of the guys competing! Given his time then, and mine, I calculated from his time at Meribel that I would have finished about five from the bottom! (Still, not too bad!). I'll see if I can get a pic of that up too.
latest report
How much bandwidth does this thread take up.
Quote from the users guide:
Quote:
Although it is possible to include images like this, we would ask you to refrain from doing so in your posts except on the "Après Zone" or "Buy, sell or swap" forums. These 'inline' images slow things down for those on dial up and, in our opinion, spoil the sleek lines of the piste. Small "
Laughing
latest report
David Murdoch wrote:
snowball, that looks all rather entertaining. But is one of your party replacing a ski? Somewhat sub-optimal I'd have thought...??

!

No, that was the guide, Zeb, sticking his skis into the ground to provide a belay point. The first person down had discovered that a short section of the couloir just below where Zeb is was very icy, and Zeb decided to offer a rope to get down that bit for the more nervous members of the party. Although the couloir is very protected and North facing there had not been any new snow for some time. I think probably the problem was melt-water running down the rock face from above. (The snow in the rest of the couloir was good)
snow report
Kramer wrote:
Jerry, the race photos didn't really come out.
Shame. By the way, I have to say, when I saw that Moyles bloke on that singing thing (Accidentally) last week, the first thing I thought was.... (Honest) Wink
latest report
Look, I've obviously heard of the world-famous snowHead winner of the SNAFU Cup, but who the hell's this Moyles character everyone keeps going on about? I'd never heard of him until he was mentioned here.
latest report
PG, he's the son of a famous forklift driver.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy