Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Private sport shop?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Any problems buying from them post Brexit? Anyone got a free shipping code or similar.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Never heard of them before, they look like a Sports Pursuit rival, with almost too good to be true pricing.

I haven’t bought anything skiing related in the last couple of years, but I know that most of the German cycle websites I used to buy mountain bike stuff from have banners stating they don’t ship to the UK anymore.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Wed 11-05-22 8:35; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've bought quite a few things from them. No worries for me but very slow delivery on a lot of items. They basically do clearance for shops wanting to clear stock AFAIKS.

I assume import duties can be an issue post Brexit for any shop though.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
Any problems buying from them post Brexit? Anyone got a free shipping code or similar.

It's not very obvious on their website, but in the UK you'd have to pay the VAT and courier fee... I contacted them to clarify, and after 2 weeks, they did!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Leonard Smalls, I haven’t ordered from them since 2020 and no, the current situation re VAT (& Duty) & Courier fee is not very obvious when looking at their UK site. In fact I cant see mention of it at all after a cursory look.

Ah found them, in 2.2 Product Prices in General Conditions of Sale.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Leonard Smalls, Do they not remove the local (French) VAT?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It says they do... However, you still have to pay the courier fee.
I prefer Glisshop, as they also have good prices but all fees and taxes are included. With Private you have no idea what the courier will demand until they attempt to deliver.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cheers a courier clearance charge and a mistaken customs fee (because PSS don't do the right paperwork on their end to prove under £135) would almost certainly reverse any bargain on prices.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I got stung with a pretty hefty import charge on a jacket I bought from them in December. Shame because they often have some interesting stuff.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Useful to know about the VAT situation as I haven't ordered from them since 2020 but am still tempted by various things on their site! Now less tempting thankfully.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy