Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flying EasyJet for next week?

Poster: A snowHead
Make sure you check the app and keep an eye on status of your flights.

My family had their return from Munich to Gatwick cancelled but received no notification. Just heard they also cancelled return leg from Salzburg for others again they weren't notified it was spotted on the app.

Getting those last seats on alternate routes is going to get trickier the later you discover.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi @NickyJ, your post prompted me to "check in" for my flight next week.
I'm certain I booked loads of luggage for this trip back in 2020 when there was an offer on to book the luggage for £1 an item for the 2021 trip...
Then moved the booking to 2022 as there was no chance to fly last year.
No sign of any luggage on the booking now though Sad
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@DrLawn, that's strange about the luggage not being carried over. We also booked using the free/£1 luggage offer in 2020 for 2021. We then moved the flight to March 2022 and the free luggage was retained.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sorry I've found the luggage on there now Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just tried to do a "check in" for my misses ...
But the EasyJet Mobile App will not accept her email address...
Just because it has 2 full stops in it .... Evil or Very Mad
Who rights this crappy software ????

Apart from that the EasyJet website is down as well.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@DrLawn - just to forewarn you, but I had the following happen on one of my bookings.

TLDR version: your problems might not be over yet.

FULL version: I booked flights initially without luggage.
I then added snowboard carriage at £1 when that offer was made available.
Rearranged flights at least once (if not twice).
The snowboard carriage then didn't show on some subsequent emails, but did on others, and was evident when I went to check in.

Unfortunately, when I got to BHX to check luggage, the first (inexperienced) Swissport agent couldn't see it at all and wanted me to "prove" I'd paid for it.
The second agent admitted she could see it on my booking, but couldn't "add" it and so forced me to pay for carriage.
I've since discovered she booked this as ski carriage because she couldn't do so as snowboard... because I already had an allowance for this and you can't book snowboard twice on a single booking apparently.

No such problems upon check-in on return from Geneva where Swissport agent clarified that agent in UK shouldn't have been trying to "add" anything, merely check item in against my allocation. That was what caused the problem.

I'm still trying to get easyJet to refund me for this and the "hands free" item that I was entitled to take free of charge (as per email I received and presented, supported by message on their website) but two customer services agents so far are both more interested in me proving the size of my small cabin bag (despite its size being confirmed by the way it was checked at both airports) than actually responding to my refund request.

I hope you won't have the same issue with your £1 luggage, but just wanted to share my experience and forewarn you of what happened when mine wasn't always obvious in the booking.

Plenty of other people have obviously traveled without incident though and I hope you'll be one of them.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@jebroni3_16, Sorry to hear you problem there.
There is nothing like getting your luggage carriage from the "Pound Shop" Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
DrLawn wrote:

Apart from that the EasyJet website is down as well.

Depending on which email service she uses, dots before the @ sometimes are ignored anyway (this is true for gmail/googlemail accounts - put as many dots in as you like or none at all and the email will still arrive)
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@davehas, ... I did not know that. ( I never thought that "dots" were optional)

I've used another Gmail address that comes to my to me and I'll forward her tickets to her.

But the problem is EasyJet should be checking email addresses properly rather than making up their own rules.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
DrLawn wrote:

Actually. strictly speaking, two consequtive dots in an email address are not allowed according to the standards document (RFC3696) . You could try enclosing the first part of the address in double quotes "mrs..drlawn"@somedomain.com which should be acceptable if they are enforcing the standard rigidly.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I can confirm Easyjet are crap with carrying over the ski bookings when flights are rebooked. I had to have a standup argument at LGW when they claimed my booking wasn't showing ski carriage and call customer services twice when it kept disappearing from subsequent legs. The app at least still leads you to belueve you haven't got hold alliwance.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Tubaski,
Thanks for that, Its good to know the standard to quote at them if I ever get around to shouting at them.
Oddly enough I never got an email back from them confirming her "check in" .. I'll have to check that.

I was not using consecutive dots though this was in the style of "mrs.lawn.phone@gmail.com"
We've been using that address for years .. although my dear wife still thinks its something else.

@Dave of the Marmottes, My extra (Very cheap) luggage seems to be on the account.
I could not log onto EasyJet.com from a desktop browser last night.
I'll just check now, and its working with the correct details on it. ... Emm its too slow .. its stuck. Confused
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
DrLawn wrote:

I was not using consecutive dots though this was in the style of "mrs.lawn.phone@gmail.com"

Yeah, nowt wrong with that then!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Well Tubaski .. I learn something new every day .. today it was about email syntax from RFC3696.
Next week .. perhaps how to do Moguls Very Happy

I've just tested her email address without any dots in in from Outlook and it got through...
I'm impressed .. I'll try and change her detail on the "EasyJet app" Puzzled
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Just to keep you all in the loop, I managed to get the EasyJet to accept the format:
mrs.lawn.phone@gmail.com

It did not mind it when I typed it in, in full, but it did not like Google entering it for me.
snow conditions
Well, Easyjet have just cancelled our return flights for Saturday 16th from Geneva to Bristol.
Seems a bit premature if the official line is staff shortages due to Covid Puzzled
snow report
@bobhitch, were you notified or did you spot on checking?
latest report
i am flying out 9th & returning 17th, I done a book a flight to check they were still running & noticed that the return date was showing as none avalible but the one on the 18th was £570, so must be in demand.
As I have flight club status I called & asked & they conformed it was still scheduled with no disruption.

Seems a bit off that they would let you go on the out bound flight knowing that the return was already cancelled.
snow conditions
NickyJ wrote:
@bobhitch, were you notified or did you spot on checking?

I happened to look at the app as I was checking if our daughters flight tomorrow to fly Edinburgh - Geneva was disrupted!!
ski holidays
We are already out here ,having arrived last Saturday.
To make matters worse , the next available flight home is Monday 18th and is already £380 , I am supposed to be flying Monday morning from Heathrow to Svalbard for a ski touring trip .
first world problem ,I suppose Embarassed
latest report
@bobhitch, dont know if this helps

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=159913&highlight=
snow report
I've had notification to say don't expect food / drink on board my flight back from Zur to Ltn tmr, but its still flying. Encouraged to bring a snack, but not allowed to bring booze on board.
latest report
@t44tomo, Yes I've just had the same email for our flight to Geneva on Sat. No food or drink being sold on the plane. And then another email saying turn up early, and expect delays!
snow report
Same snacks email for us. On this Saturday's MXP-LTN. The outbound leg was cancelled at 12 hours notice so I'm taking the snack warning as a positive indication!

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Thu 7-04-22 16:06; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
God knows how I’m going to get my pot noodle through security
latest report
Good god! Travel has gone to hell in a hand cart! In fact we would all probably get there more quickly and reliably if we went by hand cart. rolling eyes
ski holidays
Presumably the sandwich makers have retrained as baggage screeners!
snow report
garyyb wrote:
Same snacks email for us. On this Saturday's MXP-LTN. The outbound leg was cancelled at 12 hours notice so I'm taking the snack warning as a positive indication!

Same snacks email for our return flight on Saturday Basel to Gatwick.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I also had a similar issue with one pound luggage and moved flights, took ages at both Bristol and Geneva as they didn't believe I had it despite it showing on my email. Eventually made it through without paying an extra but took time.
ski holidays
BenW_86 wrote:
I also had a similar issue with one pound luggage and moved flights, took ages at both Bristol and Geneva as they didn't believe I had it despite it showing on my email. Eventually made it through without paying an extra but took time.

Did you book your £1 luggage at the same time as the flights or was it something you added to an existing booking?

Mine was the latter and was only an issue on the outbound flight. Am hoping the flight I've carried over to next season where I booked £1 luggage at same time as making original flight booking won't be an issue.
snow report
I think I booked it at the same time. So long ago I'm not certain!
ski holidays
We're in austria now, our easyjet return flight to uk is no longer showing on skyscanner, or easyjet for new bookings. We've had no emails from easyjet about it. Under manage my booking, we are still shown as checked in (which we did weeks ago). But there's now a little thing saying check in for this flight is now closed.
Does that mean flight cancelled but easyjet cant be ars**d to tell us? Really?? Are they that useless ?
snow report
@peerless ploughman, it could be sold out? When my sister looked at her booking it clearly showed "Cancelled"
latest report
Which route are you trying to take home?
latest report
Apologies, a more observant relative has pointed out that the "check in now closed" bit applies to our outward flight, not return.
Route is innsbruck back to gatwick. There is now no direct flight showing on skyscanner that day with any airline.
latest report
@peerless ploughman, what date?

Edit to add for Saturday 16th, last I looked I could see 3 flights bit two were showing fully sold out.
snow report
Tuesday 12th. We hope!
latest report

snow report
Hopefully thats the one?
snow report
Yes.
Thanks very much for that info Nicky. When I looked on easyjet's website it looked as if there was a flight each day next week except 12 april, which showed none.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy