Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Patrouilles des Glaciers 2022

Poster: A snowHead
Edge of my seat is getting quite uncomfortable after 2 days perched on it...
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Sharkymark, +1
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sorry nothing major!

Hurtled wink down the glacier enjoying sticking the matchsticks in a straight line through the 20cm of consolidated pow. And then poled the flatter section across to Col de Momin. Then was speeding down from there towards the Petit Lac trying to catch my team when I came across David on all 4’s looking like he was praying to Allah in the direction of Mecca, complete with moaning noises!

Turns out he’d got double cramp in both quads exacerbated but trying to poke across the flat section. Gave him the last few drops of magnesium from the Magic vial, a powerbar gel and the dregs of my electrolyte potion and went to work rubbing his thighs. After a few minutes he was ready to go again and we skied gingerly down to the Petit Lac to put on skins for the last climb up to Col de La Chaux.

After another round of stretching we set of into a slow rhythm up towards the Col trying not to exacerbate things.

At the base of the Col it was time to put skis onto the backpack for the bootpack. Went to take a photo of the team… where’s my phone?!?! Fark!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Asked around if anyone had seen it and someone piped up that a lady had picked one up and was probably a few minutes back. I waited about 10 mins asking every couple of minutes and Finally it turned up with a very nice lady - phew!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hotfooted it up the bootpack to catch my mates! Was certainly feeling it at the top in the heat!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
The amazing Millsy had dragged the kids up the bootpack on the other side to lay on a heartwarming welcome to the Col

http://youtube.com/v/ra0yK7W0qK4
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Happy to put the skins away for the last time!

My indefatigable team mates!

snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Through the checkpoint together and after navigating the choppy moguls at the top it was a lovely cruise down the Jumbo piste to La Chaux

Best piste of the season snowHead

http://youtube.com/v/a-Haz5beTHU

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Mon 2-05-22 12:24; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
And then after a slushy/muddy skate round to Ruinettes it was down the last section to Medran and the run to the finish…

http://youtube.com/v/UY7Hr8CQoTE
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
One of my buddies, doing the Saturday race was there to greet us

http://youtube.com/v/TK-IbNH_wwo
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
A sight for sore eyes!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Some friends who followed us in
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Finishers!

A celebratory panaché

Booty
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@BobinCH, amazing! Well done! Love the family welcome.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
And the all important electrolyte replacement snowHead
snow report
Pretty happy with the time all things considered

Left us in the top 25% which was similar to last time
snow conditions
Fantastic event that I would recommend to anyone with the fitness to manage a 6-8 hour event and the opportunity to get some on snow training in during the preceding weeks

Vive La Patrouille!
snow conditions
Great efforts by you and your team. Assume all the lighter kit helped vs last time?
latest report
kitenski wrote:
Great efforts by you and your team. Assume all the lighter kit helped vs last time?

Cheers! I’m sure it helped! Matchsticks a bit tricky in death crust but apart from that remarkably skiable. And the Alien RS boots are a joy to tour in
snow report
Great work! This looks worryingly compelling
ski holidays
Sharkymark wrote:
Great work! This looks worryingly compelling

It sure is Mark. Would be perfect for you wink
snow report
Just for context for what was an excellent effort:
Another friend of mine took nearly two hours longer.

And another had trained and trained and trained for the maxi PDG, Zermatt to Verbier.
Their guide got hypothermia near the half way point and they had to stop for medical attention and subsequently missed the timeline cut off and had to retire.
I wonder how a Guide (super extra fit and touring conditioned) could be so affected?
Maybe went off too hard, got sweaty, and then got cold? I'm just speculating...

Anyway...well done @BobinCH,
latest report
@rungsp, I think it was drizzling in Zermatt for the Saturday night start so maybe he got wet? And I heard stories of elite athletes with slower team mates, getting cold on the Tête Blanche climb as they weren’t going fast enough to warm their bodies up - a challenge with being roped up so you go at the speed of the slowest person. The girl in our team was shivering with cold at the first Col while I was almost down to a T-shirt!
snow report
Some terrific pictures there - good spectator sport.....
snow report
It got down to -20c at the top of Tête Blanche at 3650m Skullie Skullie Skullie

Contrairement aux températures douces lors des premières courses en milieu de semaine, la météo a été plus rude durant les deuxièmes courses. Le mercure indiquait moins de -20°C à Tête Blanche, point le plus haut du parcours (3650m). La PdG 2022 a également été marquée par un manque de neige, avec comme conséquence près de 14 kilomètres à parcourir à pied sur la totalité du parcours Zermatt-Verbier.
snow conditions
@BobinCH, thanks for posting all of this. Really enjoyed your account and all the photos and videos. Looks crazy busy on the route though!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy