Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Champoluc or Livigno (or maybe Cervinia)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Narrowed down next year to, I think, Champoluc or Livigno. Flying into Malpensa, so aware bit of a trek to Livigno. That aside where would you go? I am looking at the budget end for accommodation, so Hotel Monte Cervino in Champoluc, Hotel Pontiglia in Livigno or maybe Lo Stambecco in Cervinia. 2 adults , 2 teens all intermediate/advanced. Anyone stayed in any of the hotels or got any thoughts on the resorts? TIA.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Or indeed got any other hotel recommendations in any of these resorts.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@trmacc, we stayed at the Crest Alpine lodge hotel in Champoluc. We booked via Sunweb but not sure if they will be with them for next season. Happy to give more details if interested but it was truly wonderful to be staying up the slopes
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@NickyJ, thanks. I'll have a look at it and drop you a message if it looks good for us
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I can't speak about Livigno, but we've had a couple of trips to Champoluc and loved it. The village has a nice feel with a decent small range of bars restaurants. The second time we went we stayed at the Albergo Villa Anna Maria, which is closer to the middle of the resort than Hotel Monte Cervino (though that looks very nice for lower budget end accommodation!). It was a quaint and somewhat old fashioned place with squeaky floorboards, but it was lovely. The skiing is extensive in terms of distance you can travel, though not in terms of piste mileage. The food...on and off mountain...yum!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yes, had looked at Villa Anna Maria too, just waiting on a quote back from them, but suspect it might be a bit over our tight budget. thanks
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Our children learned to ski in Livigno. Yes, it's a long transfer but the upside is that the resort is more snow-sure than ones at lower altitude. It was also the cheapest per head ski holiday we ever had, in part thanks to Livigno's unusual status as a tax duty-free area. The kid's instruction was also great, but that'd probably be true of any Italian resort.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yes, really keen to try Livigno, and the drive doesn't look too bad. Quite keen to find a hotel where our teens might meet other similar aged people as they are a bit beyond ski school now having both done a Teen/Pro-Ride course this year in VT. Hotel Pontiglia seemed like a nice option and they are set up for families.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Of the places above I've only been to Champoluc (Monterosa Ski). I loved it but it's not massive - I'd only recommend it for a week if you don't mind repeating runs or doing some off piste.

What time of year are you going at? Cervinia and Livigno might be a bit bleak in midwinter.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Half term, so 4th Feb.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@denfinella, think we'd be ok with the size esp as never been before.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
trmacc wrote:
maybe Lo Stambecco in Cervinia

I think that hotel is based up on Plan Maison, which is mid-mountain. I suspect it may feel quite isolated, being away from the town where the vast, vast majority of other hotels, bars and restaurants are located.

That may be OK for you, but important to be aware.

The Cervinia website has comprehensive lists of hotels in each category and is a good starting point for research, from where you can then either contact hotels directly or look on the travel agent websites (booking.com etc.). There's a good amount of mid-range hotels as well as higher and lower end. 3 main clusters... Alto Ceilo is again quite separate from the main town, and has a lot of apartments. The area around the main bubble and gondala from town has a few hotels. Then closer to the main street and the Cretaz chair lift to Plan Torrettes you'll find the majority of hotels. This last area is generally my preference for overall convenience.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy