Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Who has booked for 2023

Poster: A snowHead
I have booked in for January but has anyone any idea as to when the full ferry schedules are released I am waiting to see what irish Ferries and DFDS offer !!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Moorzee10 wrote:
I have got Tignes Le Lac booked for a week from Xmas eve (flying into Geneva on 23rd) and transferring to tignes on the first Bens Bus. Also contemplating an early season long weekend in Val Thorens last weekend of November - feels too early but assured of snow rolling eyes Smile

I have now booked Val Thorens for 25-30th November. More than happy to get 4 days of skiing in as I’m a keen early intermediate looking to learn and improve. Just hope the snow is ok! I would welcome anyones thoughts or experiences of late November skiing in Val Thorens? More than enough runs in the VT valley for me and my wife for 4 days!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Had a little op on my back today, I have till early March to recover enough to ski without pain.. That will be a first for a good few years!

As i'm impatient, I've also got a very long weekend in January for fatbiking in the snow Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Good luck with recovery @ciderinsport. I assume having your pelvis stabilised by the saddle makes cycling (of a sort) better than skiing.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Booked Les Arcs 1800 14th Jan for a week, looking forward to it immensely!! Hope they release lift pass prices soon as dont want to pay the extra for a Paradiski as know we wont be arsed to go to La Plagne Very Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Booked 21st Jan. travelski train package to Belle Plagne. All in inc accommodation/1st class train/transfers/lift pass £1750 for 2. So excited.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Booked two trips:

Feb 21-28 with the family to Ylläs Finland
March 21-26 going solo to Mayrhofen

Wanted to take the family to Austria as well but my wife and kids (aged 10 and 7) were not too keen. Guess those Scandi resorts with all kinds of family entertainment & activities in addition to skiing suit them better for the time being. OTOH, was solo in Saalbach this March as well, met some great company (Brits, non-snowheads) and it was great, looking forward to the trip to Mayrhofen!

(Would it be wrong to say that right now I’m at least as excited about the upcoming solo trip as I’m about the week with the family?)
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
First trip booked, two of us going to Val Thorens 21st Jan. Hope to get a 2nd trip in March when we come back, may even try a sneaky week in December if work and Mrs Gix allow.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
18th March somewhere in Ski Amade.....

First trip with my 8 year old last year to Alpendorf, incredible warm sunny weather and he loved it so expecting a bad weather week this year Laughing

Was thinking Dorfgastein which I do enjoy. Also considering Kleinarl which seems to fit the bill for the son in ski school for a few days and me and my mate have options with Zauch and Wagrain. New Panorama link is a great addition to the area.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
19-29 Dec - Ste Foy

11-18 Feb - La Plagne
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Ravensburger, I don’t know if it’s wrong or not but I totally understand! We are taught to put our oxygen masks on first, then the kids. Let’s run with that.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Scooter in Seattle, Haha, my feelings exactly. Let's allow ourselves at least one week a year when we don't have to be the mr. Family Man. A pressure relief valve, in a way.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Yes snowHead

A week in Ski Amade mid January, can’t wait! We were in Pertisau January 2020 just before covid and managed a trip to Seefeld January 2022 just after the testing rules were dropped so luckily we have only missed out on one winter in Austria.

Really, like others, can’t wait.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We are going to Val Thorens on 16/12/2022 Very Happy
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Mayrhofen in February, can’t wait!!
ski holidays
Going to Cervinia Christmas week. The trip was carried over from last year due to the late change on isolating rules on return to uk if positive. Not been there since 2017.
snow report
Quick week in Les Gets 17th December to 24th
Three weeks in Morillon from 14th January
Two weeks in Seiser Alm in March followed by a week in Tignes joining our family.
ski holidays
Booked for late Jan to Saalbach, but I want a 2nd trip somewhere. Cant decide mid December or March
latest report
Just booked 10 mins ago, La Thuile mid Jan, good price for a solo trip with Crystal, which is a rare find. The diet starts now!
latest report
geoffknight wrote:
Just booked 10 mins ago, La Thuile mid Jan, good price for a solo trip with Crystal, which is a rare find. The diet starts now!

I am always on the lookout for a reasonably priced solo trip with Crystal - so if you don't mind divulging.....what accommodation have you used, as prices vary considerably for a single person. I'm OK this year, but will put it in the bank for future use.
snow report
@Old Fartbag, I’ve sent you a PM
snow report
Moorzee10 wrote:
Moorzee10 wrote:
I have got Tignes Le Lac booked for a week from Xmas eve (flying into Geneva on 23rd) and transferring to tignes on the first Bens Bus. Also contemplating an early season long weekend in Val Thorens last weekend of November - feels too early but assured of snow rolling eyes Smile

I have now booked Val Thorens for 25-30th November. More than happy to get 4 days of skiing in as I’m a keen early intermediate looking to learn and improve. Just hope the snow is ok! I would welcome anyones thoughts or experiences of late November skiing in Val Thorens? More than enough runs in the VT valley for me and my wife for 4 days!

You will be able to ski in Val Thorens then but the amount of skiing/number of runs open will be in the lap of the gods. Last winter there were only about 6 or 7 runs open (on artificial snow) at the start of the season. A few days in, they had a big snowfall and opened a lot more. We then had to dig out our rental car, which was buried under a foot of snow Very Happy .

We will be there again soon - from about 16th November, for 10 days or so. We are planning to ski tour (on piste) for 2 or 3 days then switch to downhill once the lifts open. Fingers crossed for a big dump before then!
snow conditions
Not 2023 but the 22/23 season.

We're booked to go to Rauris in Austria for Christmas. We booked to go Christmas 2021 in September 2020 thinking it would all be over by then. Then had to cancel on the 4th of December when it was announced we'd have to test prior to getting on the plane. We couldn't risk needing to quarantine (and pay for it!) over there.

So this is take 2. I'm tapering my excitement this year and won't believe it until I'm sat on the lift. We've travelled abroad several times this year already, but not during the winter months.
snow report
Contacts in the travel trade tell me that bookings to main Alpine destinations are still well down to pre-covid. Accommodation is plentiful. Flights are very pricey at the moment.
snow conditions
@davidthornton, perhaps on the whole as I can’t speak for every apartment and every week. But that’s been far from my experience. I have found it busy at every turn — couldn’t get good accommodation in Morzine for end Jan for a long weekend, was all booked up even though I was looking before the summer (luckily some Avoriaz spots opened late and we got in there, but it booked up fast). I got the very last holiday apartment at our usual
place in Lenzerheide for half term ‘23 before half term ‘22 was even over. And while I mused on the no-cancellation terms for various apartments in SMDB in early April ‘23, they all were booked up by those who had no such qualms, in early April this year. So for peak weeks demand is crazy as ever!
snow conditions
Dec 14-22 St Foy (with guide with van so basically all local Tarrentaise)
Jan 6-15 and Feb 3-12 (both with location decided at the last moment but flights and guide booked)
March 10-18 Spring Offpise Bash.
snow conditions
@MajorQ, We're going to Saalbach the 3rd week of Jan too. Have you been at at the time of the year before? Any tips for Saalbach. Anmd what does the snow/forecast tend to be like around that time?
snow conditions
Booked for w/c 24th March - later than would like to have gone, but works best for kids who may want to come with us.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Boris, could I possibly guess where you might be going? Laughing
snow conditions
Banff in January and Kirchberg in Tirol in Feb.
ski holidays
As I previously said we decided not to book until we see how the Covid madness develops. As its looking like common sense has at last emplaced itself I had a look just there at the usual resorts in Austria for January. There's not much to be had and what is there is extortionate. I think the skiing industry has cooked this particular golden goose for now. It's strange how my attitude has changed. I was like a bear with a sore head when I couldn't go in 2021, merely annoyed in 2022 and now simply not prepared to pay what they want for 2023. Will keep the diary free and see if any late deals transpire. Right now it definitely feels like the more years we don't go the more likely it is we'll never go again.
latest report
@robboj, have you looked at what us on via sunweb?
snow report
@NickyJ, Thanks for that, looks like a good set up with certainly more choice and reasonably cheaper. will look more later. Without reading the whole thread what are folks thoughts about relying on last minute deals this winter?
snow report
@robboj, also their prices include lift passes.

If you going off peak and happy to flex over several weeks, last minute will probably be fine.

I am tied to school holidays so book my fligts and accommodation as early as possible
ski holidays
We have a 2 family trip booked for Les Gets from 17-24 December
And a trip with a couple of friends to Kitzbuhel long weekend at end of Feb.

For both I booked cheap flights with Easyjet on the day they released their winter timetable
Les Gets is a self catering chalet, for 8 of us, fingers crossed there is some snow. Availability for Self Catering seemed tight, we were looking to book in early summer, a bit more was available in August.

Kitzbuhel was strange - looking in August, accommodation seemed very expensive in resort with limited availability, as well as other resorts too, Solden, St Anton Ishgl etc - particularly for hotels. I think we may clip the end of European Half term, though having been that week before (23rd Feb) it usually was ok. I'm also tempted to stay in Innsbruck - cheap transfer, so no need for hire car (also pricey now) or train (which soaks up a lot of time for a long weekend trip), and plenty of reasonable city centre hotels, near the trams to the bottom of the slopes.
snow conditions
robboj wrote:
@NickyJ, Thanks for that, looks like a good set up with certainly more choice and reasonably cheaper. will look more later. Without reading the whole thread what are folks thoughts about relying on last minute deals this winter?

I would lock in something with Sunweb if you can sort out transportation. I personally think there will be less flights this year & will squeeze demand & push up prices. Assuming you dont mind the DIY route.
snow conditions
Val Thorens Late Nov
Val Thorens - Late Dec
Les Arcs - Early Jan
Austria (TBC) - Late Jan
Whistler - early March
Tignes (TBC) - 1st April

May - appointment with my bank manager and divorce lawyer
snow conditions
robboj wrote:

Also look at ba

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/destinations/holiday-types/ski-holidays
ski holidays
@DHardman, I last went to Saalbach in a January 15 years ago, as a teacher with a school ski trip I'd organised, but was very impressed with conditions and facilities at that time. I couldn't take advantage of the apres scene then, being a 'responsible adult', but it's one of the reasons I chose to return, this time as an irresponsible adult! Obviously, things change, so I'm as much in the dark as you, but it looked great then and if anything it's got better. I picked that particular time as historically it's the coldest and most snowy time of the year for Saalbach/Hinterglemm, so fingers crossed for January!
snow report
damanpunk wrote:
Think I’m in for a disasterous start to our trip… we only have a 50 min transfer time in Schipol (27th dec) but even KLMs own website now is recommending 4 hours minimum, has me feeling a bit uneasy considering how travel has went this year. Called them and there’s nothing they can do this month but to call back next, they’re saying it should still be ok and if not we’ll be put on the next flight Confused I assume we’ll be lucky if there’s space for 3 of us?!

And as if by pure luck KLM emailed this morning to say my flight times have been changed Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy