Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Who has booked for 2023

Poster: A snowHead
Holiday dates at work confirmed, long weekend in Jan (Thurs-Mon) and then a week in March. Austria likely destination for both.

Time to get choosing and booked ASAP as can't see things getting cheaper!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Off to Banff for 2 weeks in January, hopefully nothing COVID related scuppers this like it did when I was due in Whistler this last January!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just booked a week in Selva last week. We'd been eyeing up a really nice hotel with indoor pool, waited until mid week in case prices dipped, checked in morning, went to book at tea time.. and it was sold out Crying or Very sad Got another hotel in a decent location with good reviews... well with no pool to swim in I guess there will be more time in the Luislkeller Toofy Grin

Weren't many options left for most TOs for Selva (that weren't really expensive ) is everyone booking really early or are there not as many holidays to start with

@RichardB, ooh very jealous- keen to get back there!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
If this means 22/23 season then hopefully a short trip to Zermatt in late October, BA and weather conditions allowing!

Maybe another trip in 2023 proper as well, fingers crossed
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hard money down on Kitzbühel, Dolomiti and Zillertal for March 15-30. Flying mostly solo, let's go. Zillertal is new to me; I thought glacier access might be a good call since I took plenty of low elevation/low snow/low snowmaking risk with the first two.

If anybody has a restaurant recommendation for Jochberg that would be helpful. Also curious if I'll be able to drive from Kitz to San Cassiano through Lienz rather than over Brenner, which is not the most scenic road in the Alps.

Prices are up--my "free using miles" flight cost $2,000 in fees-- but Alpine hotels remain a screamin' deal.

Thanks and may we all have sufficient snow, snowmaking, water, power and visibility!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Scooter in Seattle wrote:
If anybody has a restaurant recommendation for Jochberg that would be helpful. Also curious if I'll be able to drive from Kitz to San Cassiano through Lienz rather than over Brenner, which is not the most scenic road in the Alps.

You'll probably want/be better off to set up a new thread rather than use this one to get that info.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
All booked! Same apartment in Tignes as last year; Same ski school as last year; EuroTunnel all booked as well.

Apartment was roughly the same price as last year. Ski school prices were up about £250 total for the 3 kids; EuroTunnel was £250 up from £190.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Half term flights from Bristol to Lyon aren't looking quite as bad as I thought they would, so may have go for those dates, sadly. I'll try and pick a smaller resort....
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
So far, 1 week in Mayrhofen in Jan and 1 week is Val D'espair in April. Getting that excitement building again !
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Les Arcs 1950 over Christmas. Can. Not. Wait.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Arc 2000, mid Jan, all in with Club Med.
Possibly my dads last ski trip so will have to make it a good one.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
7 days at Saalbach-Hinterglemm, and the surrounding resorts, the third week of January, followed by 4 days at Ischgl and Serfaus.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
January. One week in Kaprun followed by two in Zell am See.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Feb Corvara, avios flights into Venice which have cost £4.00 for all 4 of us.. So I've stumped up for a nice hotel. Looking forward to a new area and some nice easy stuff for Mrs Endo to enjoy.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Val dizzle, Feb half term with the famalam. Haven’t been since the Feb before covid. Driving again. Love it.

Can’t wait!
ski holidays
Yep, 2 weeks for Christmas-New Year in Belle Plagne and 1 week in Feb at Arc 2000....... We chose to stay in hotels/half board this time instead of self catering as we found good prices.....
latest report
La Clusaz over Christmas with young family.
Really excited, first trip in three years. Wo n't be all day skiing (just 5 mornings probably) but will be fab none the less. Might even try a bit of cross country if there's snow..who knows.

£450 odd for easy jet from Luton, (including baggage and snowboard), £660 for Air BnB, £550 for car hire..still more to spend of course but still just within the realms of affordability for me.
snow report
For the 2022/23 season I've got Ruka in December, St Anton in January and ValT for the EOSP (awaiting buttons) Eh oh!
ski holidays
Seeing all those booking, I am wondering: are there any worries in Europe that ski resorts/areas might not be open this year due to energy shortage in Europe? Considering that running lifts and resorts overall takes a fair bit of electricity and they are not necessities, is there a chance that governments can restrict their operations if things will get worse? I was planning my annual skiing trip from across the pond when those thoughts suddenly occur to me. Do I worry too much? Hard to see how things are in Europe from NA.
ski holidays
Just booked our main trip out to the 4 Vallées across Jan-Feb 2023. Flights were very reasonable LGW<>GVA (£123/pp return easyJet front seats, Speedyboarding, under seat bag + cabin bag). Car hire was ridiculous - cheapest smallest was £80/day before any supplements and fill-up, so we'll be transferring via train, télépherique and PostBus at £97 return each* for just under 3 hour journey door-to-door. We've previously driven down, except for short breaks but this time are leaving the car at home.

*An SBB 'Saver Day Pass' booked 60 days in advance.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Sun 9-10-22 14:42; edited 2 times in total
snow report
Just booked our first group trip since 2020. It'll be good to get the band back together! 1 week, end of Jan staying in the Reberty area of Les Men.

Love flying but with car rental prices just astronomic at the moment, we are driving down.
latest report
Finally pulled the trigger on a week in Champoluc in the week before Christmas due to the strange way school holidays fall this year.

Also have both GCSEs AND A-Levels happening in the WobblyIce household next year so we're doubly scuppered on possible dates. Crying or Very sad (I'm hanging on to the fact that an end to school holidays is coming into sight though!)
ski holidays
Just booked Cervina for a week at the end of January, flying into malpensa , car hire and self catering. Staying in valtourneche so easy enough to find an appartment.
snow conditions
just sorting a trip to saalbch early march there seems to be plenty of availability atm .Seems folk are holding of booking yet wonder if its due to ukraine or the cost of living increases throughout europe. We have usually booked before now and was a tad concerned that our favorite hotels would have been getting booked up.
ski holidays
Locked in for Lech for a week followed by Dolomites (Arabba) late Feb. early March. Working on a touring trip in Italy in late March early April.
snow conditions
I have got Tignes Le Lac booked for a week from Xmas eve (flying into Geneva on 23rd) and transferring to tignes on the first Bens Bus. Also contemplating an early season long weekend in Val Thorens last weekend of November - feels too early but assured of snow rolling eyes Smile
ski holidays
About to pull the trigger on a week in Les Gets in Feb, and then gamble on another week at the beginning of April.
snow report
Booked a March 2023 trip to La Plagne and I'm now considering another one in January.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Looks like Trysil again for the two of us. LHR to OSL, overnight hotel on the Saturday. Ski on empty slopes on Sunday Smile. Prices look about 10-20% up on last year.
snow report
Back to meribel for Christmas and February with the kids and then for a week with friends in March!
Fingers crossed for another good snowy Xmas and new year!
snow report
wobblyice wrote:
Finally pulled the trigger on a week in Champoluc in the week before Christmas due to the strange way school holidays fall this year.

Also have both GCSEs AND A-Levels happening in the WobblyIce household next year so we're doubly scuppered on possible dates. Crying or Very sad (I'm hanging on to the fact that an end to school holidays is coming into sight though!)

I did the same this year, and then was slightly galled to see neither of them do a stroke of work over half term (as they’d both just had mocks the week before). Could be worth checking, as we might just have well have gone.

(It all ended well … )
ski holidays
@Pejoli, we had booked Feb half term this year. Due to eldest doing GCSEs thinking it should be good timing with respect to mocks. They were rolled forward flights from previous year.... we were blindsided by an extra set of mocks eldest had to sit straight after!!!! Apparently they were doing them in case they wouldnt be allowed to sit actual GCSE exams this year. Thankfully they were
snow report
@wobblyice, @Pejoli, the two years our daughter was doing exams we planned in advance to ski at half term, with her connivance, and she planned round that. Don't remember how it worked for GCSEs but for A levels she did actually succeed in doing an hour or so's work each day.
ski holidays
@Pejoli, Glad to hear all went well in the end. @j b, I'd be happy for an hour or so a day for eldest in ordinary times, never mind on holiday Confused
ski holidays
Off to Grimentz 3 to 8 of Jan. If anyone has been and has any tips and advice am all ears!
ski holidays
i didnt book anything.
I will everything last minute.
However i ordered two season ski passes for the kids from Grand Massif (they are free of charge until today i think)
ski holidays
Champoluc in December for four days and Cortina in March for another four days. Hopefully a weekend somewhere in between if I can manage it.
snow report
Think I’m in for a disasterous start to our trip… we only have a 50 min transfer time in Schipol (27th dec) but even KLMs own website now is recommending 4 hours minimum, has me feeling a bit uneasy considering how travel has went this year. Called them and there’s nothing they can do this month but to call back next, they’re saying it should still be ok and if not we’ll be put on the next flight Confused I assume we’ll be lucky if there’s space for 3 of us?!
ski holidays
Have booked five weeks in st gervais from 22 dec, had a day at tamworth to see how my body stood up to it as had major surgery in april and five weeks in hospital so making the most of a close shave, my wife has always wanted xmas in the snow so thought sod it lets go, just bought our lift passes, mont blanc unlimited annual pass for 1500 euro for us both, counting the days, as an aside couldnt believe how busy the snowdome was , took stepsons girlfriend to have a lesson as she is coming and never skied before, she is hooked Very Happy
snow report
Going solo to Saalbach, third week in January. Can't wait, just need to get new boots as my 15yr old Head Edge 10's have given up the ghost.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy