Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Frejus Lift Closure Serre Cheval

Poster: A snowHead
Frejus lift…I’ve just read that in 2023 the Frejus lift will be closed and that they are changing how they offer all day care/ lesson facilities at club Med. I was wondering if anyone has been there recently and has a guess at the impact that may have on a half term
Trip next year? Thank you
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Whizz124, I think that the lift is being replaced rather than closed. I think the Pontillas is also destined for closure, and the two will be replace dby a new gondola.
I have no clue about the Club Med though.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thank you. Just spotted it in the t&cs of the booking form
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi

We have booked to go to Club Med in Serre Chevalier in January 2023 - we have been a number of times and have always really enjoyed it although we have noticed that the ski out element has been getting slightly worse recently with the removal of the lift above the top of the Pontillas a few years ago. We have always continued to use the Pontillas and then ski down and go up the Casse du Boeuf.

Is the Pontillas closing at the end of this season? - if so that will in essence isolate the Club Med until the new lifts are constructed. Could you point me in the direction of where you read the information on all this please or if any SC residents could give a bit more info on the plans it would be really appreciated.

Many thanks

As an update I have found a copy of the sales contract and it looks as though the Pontillas is still running next season so the usual ski out method would still be workable. An update on the plans would still be interesting though.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
https://www.skiresort.info/ski-resort/serre-chevalier-brianconchantemerlevilleneuve-la-sallele-monetier-les-bains/ski-lifts/l106011/
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi, @griggs I spotted the note regarding the Frejus lift and that they are changing the all day facilities/ lesson structure. Going to try and call them on Monday. As with young children concerned of added bus journeys before/after lessons.

Would be great to find out more on your thoughts of the hotel for children / lesson numbers?

Thank you
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Griggs, sorry meant to tag you in my earlier reply. It says something about coaches…
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I was led to believe, but haven't found anything yet to confirm, that initial groundworks will start this summer, that both lifts would continue to run next season, but be replaced by the new Pontillas lift in 23/24 season. Maybe @weathercam or @KenX can confirm more.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Hells Bells, aahhhh I was going to post this but I forgot!

About six weeks ago a team of surveyors were out and I had a couple of chats with them, but would not guarantee what I talked about could be 100% accurate as there was a quite a big chunk of lost in translation going on Laughing

I then had more of a chat with the the guy that owns the Chalet de Lac Cafe right by Pointless, and he told me, that works will take place this Summer, but Pointless will still run next season up to the end of the Half term holidays.

So I presume that this Summer they will be doing work on the new lift system/route etc

There are actually two projects going on, the new lift and the new residences being built where the horse school and circuit de glace is.

Sadly and end of era on Friday when the horse school finally closed down and moved to Prelles.

I have not seen any surveyors working in that area and I suspect that we might not see anyworks in that area this year as they would have already started.

As for Frejus lift that will probably be decommissioned when the new lift opens for 23/24 season.

And the new lift will not have a mid-station but will finish where the two drag lifts Mea and Clot start.

At the moment Club Med run a shuttle bus service to Frejus, that will not change next season, though many skiers ski down to Pointless from Club Med, take the lift up and then get out bewildered when they realise that they then have to ski back down to the Casse chairlift snowHead

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Sun 10-04-22 15:21; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Hells Bells, @Griggs, @Griggs,

Info I found was—/

Sere Chevalier ski resort informs us of the closure of the skilift Le Frejus for winter 2023 due to the construction of a new one.
To answer a fluidity on the ski departure from our village, and avoid a too long wait on the TeleCabine, we decided to offer some other opportunity of ski
departure : or by bus or by ski, depending on level.
1/Advanced skiers: You can start skiing directly from the resort thanks to the Pontillas gondola. Then by ski to the Casse du Boeuf skilift and finally back
by ski.
2 / Intermediate skiers to beginners: coach, set up by Club Med to allow access to the slopes. 5 minutes to Villeneuve, 10 minutes to Monetier
From February 2023, continuous days will be put in place until the end of the season.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Do you think the above will impact significantly daily running - it would be our first time at the club Med in serre Chevallier and with a 7 & 5 year old if we’re getting buses to lessons I can only think it’ll impact

Would be great to get thoughts/advice for those familiar with the resort and hotel
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Whizz124, I wouldn't worry about it, they've been ferrying young ones like your kids for quite a while using the buses etc, though that's if your kids will be in the Club Med ski groups* ever since they took the old chair out, so must be two or three seasons now excluding covid years, think they have it all well sussed!

*the group instructors all meet outside Club Med and then ski down to the bus or lift. The 5 year old if it's their first time might spend a few days on the nursery slope below Club Med anyway
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Weathercam, thank you! We’ve skied before but yes imagine little ones will be under watchful eyes to start with. So is the option that they have to travel quite a long way to get on the slopes? Vs easy ski in/ski out?

In terms of club Med - at SC if anyone has any feedback/ thoughts would be great to hear as it would be our first time with CM and in SC (although husband spent quite a few seasons there)
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Whizz124, shot below is taken from our terrace (zoomed in a tad), and that's Club Med, you can see the piste running down the mountain to the CM and the nursery piste from CM to Pointless, and the piste verring off down to the Casse chair.

All the clients meet outside CM on the piste in their various groups so it's all very easy.

I would say, please make an effort to escape CM in the evening and explore old La Salle / Villeneuve, as I know only too well*, it's very easy to stay in your CM bubble.

*have done two CM trips with twin girls when they were 4 & 5 many years ago.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Weathercam, thank you so much. We’re very new to ‘all in’ holidays and are always keen to explore. Husband spent seasons in SC with the army so not sure we’ll revisit his haunts but 100% keen to if we go for the bookings. It’s mad how difficult it is to make decisions on trips once you have children’s requirements thrown in! Thank you so much again - that really helps.
snow report
Hi there, I’m currently planning a group trip to serre chevalier for feb half term this winter and the closest ski lift to our accomodation is/was frejus. Is this now likely to be closed this winter and if so how busy is casse du boeuf likely to get. I’m guessing that’s quite a slow lift.
ski holidays
@Davemc37, Frejus will still be open Feb 23 - they will only be closing Pointless and that's after March 6th or thereabouts
ski holidays
I'm a bit confused as to what lift is closing and when?

I know the plan is to eventually close both Frejus and Pontillas and open a new gondola at the base station of the existing Pontillas.

But could someone please clarify when Frejus and the existing Pontillas are due to stop running? We're looking to base ourselves very close to the bottom of Frejus for a short break in Jan/Feb 23, so would probably not book if it'll be closed.

Thanks!
latest report
@milzibkit, see the comment directly above yours! They should both be open.
ski holidays
Thanks for your response. I noticed @Whizz124's post further above seemed to say Frejus would be closed for winter 23. I thought I'd ask to make sure before I book!
latest report
Sounds sensible - hopefully someone else will be able to confirm that nothing has changed again re. closing dates.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy