Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How fast can you get a passport....NOW

Poster: A snowHead
@SillySkier, "Did you get an email saying they have your old one?" : I did, but that was 5 years ago (seven day turnaround, for a renewal....!)
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Maybe more efficient/faster soon? 10 week waiting time at the moment advised!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-61233206

"Boris Johnson has threatened to privatise the Passport Office if it does not start delivering better value for money, a source has said.

During a cabinet meeting, the PM is understood to have told ministers the high cost of services was affecting families ahead of the summer holidays."
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

Boris Johnson has threatened to privatise the Passport Office if it does not start delivering better value for money, a source has said

Whopee. Then it'll be just as good as Southern Water whose generosity with dividends is equalled only by its propensity to pour tons of shit into Chichester Harbour.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
... but it might sort out another problem if those asylum-seekers paying their life savings to people traffickers could simply apply to the privatised Passport Office's Amazon retail page.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Johnson's government f-s up the passport office.... and the only way to fix it
is by giving the contract to some of his "VIP" chums?
Is this the one where he hires the pole dancer on the public purse too?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@philwig,

no better here and pretty sure BoJo has little to do with our passport offices! Madeye-Smiley
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.6428096

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.6427090
I got to spend most of the day in that line several months back! Sad

And can't even renew my Nexus card it seems Sad Sad
https://bc.ctvnews.ca/with-canada-s-nexus-offices-closed-cardholders-struggle-to-renew-memberships-1.5875919
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I hope you've all succeeded in your passport endeavours.
IMHO, it's all needless bureaucracy.
Two stories:
My dad was a diplomat. One school holiday time in Paris I get to CDG on my way back to school when immigration notice that my passport has expired. Yippee, I thought, more holiday. I was on a plane the following day.
At Uni I was going on a ski trip. Couldn't find my passport. The bus driver suggested a temporary passport from the post office. With one passport sized photo I got one by pleading with the counter assistant who said "Do you promise you're coming back in a week?".

My current passport needs renewing next year (28th jan), so I'll be renewing in the next couple of weeks Embarassed
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I once travelled from St Kitts to London, via Antigua, on the strength of my train season ticket. 'Do you have any photo ID?' 'If I did I would have a passport....'
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
One sailing trip to Cherbourg we forgot to take passports - not usually asked for if arriving on a private sail boat. Weather closed in (fog) and we had to get back to Portsmouth for work which meant leaving our boat and getting the ferry. Immigration let us on board the ferry on the strength of a phone call to immigration in Portsmouth to check our credentials.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@snowlamb, I did exactly the same - forgot my passport, then had to come back on a ferry when the boat was delayed in France with engine trouble. I had my son in law photograph my passport and had to talk my way out of France and back into Portsmouth. Son in law had already spoken to immigration at Portsmouth and sent them copies of my passport with details of my arrival but it wasn't easy. They made me wait till absolutely everybody had gone and my crew mate's husband, who was meeting me, was kept waiting for a long time. What would my chances have been if I wasn't a white native English speaker?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
For info/reference

Applied online for daughter's passport renewal on 9th April, new passport received today 27th April - with Easter etc that's 11 working days. Not too shabby.

Obviously a difference between renewal and new in terms of what's needed
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@holidayloverxx and others,
Years ago, as a rep at Turin airport, I was able to get a holidaymaker through immigration on the strength of a photo id from his social club or somesuch! How he got on the plane in the UK is a different matter!
He wasn't in my resort (probably went to Sauze) so I didin't hear about his flight home.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Again for reference, recent renewal took just over 3 weeks. 2 precautions - went to a home office approved digital photographer (walk in took 5 minutes) and sent old passport recorded delivery.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Good points, Bertie.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Jnr applied 2 weeks ago, but didn’t want to risk it ahead of a trip to Germany this week. He also booked an appointment in Durham - the only place he could get one in time - we’re from Bedfordshire. Anyway, he went today and has his new passport.

I’ve not asked him how much it’s cost him for the application, travel and a day’s loss of earnings (self employed)! I’d imagine it was a fair amount.
latest report
For what it's worth, I've just renewed 3 children's passports, all as online applications with self-taken photos (on a camera phone):

Passport 1 (child renewal): Submitted 23/04/22, posted to Bootle 25/04, acknowledged 28/04, received 06/05.
Passport 2 (child renewal): Submitted 23/04/22, posted to Glasgow 25/04, acknowledged 03/05, received 09/05.
Passport 3 (now adult renewal): Submitted 24/04/22, posted to Bootle 25/04, acknowledged 29/04, received 05/05.

With a bank holiday in the middle of those timelines, I make it between 8 and 10 working days for each application, which is pretty good going in my opinion.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy