Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flying EasyJet for next week?

Poster: A snowHead
peerless ploughman wrote:
Yes.
Thanks very much for that info Nicky. When I looked on easyjet's website it looked as if there was a flight each day next week except 12 april, which showed none.

I had noticed similar for the Sat, as two weren't coming back on certain views But had found that view while clicking around Smile

Glad I can reassure you, hope you are having a great holiday
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Incredibly Easyjet have just cancelled tonight's flight from Edinburgh to Lyon! The next one is Wednesday.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Can you get on any other routes.... eg to Geneva
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Car is in Lyon unfortunately. My wife was over visiting famiy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Charge the taxi cost back as expenses???
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
No idea what is covered, I'll try that thanks. Currently waiting on phone.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Alpinebear wrote:
Incredibly Easyjet have just cancelled tonight's flight from Edinburgh to Lyon! The next one is Wednesday.

Have they suggested any sensible alternatives? Maybe flight to Geneva and then train up to Lyon?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
10 mins listening to some classical music which is not helping my anger with them!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Think you are entitled to £250 compensation as well the alternate route..
But not 100%. Nb see thread I linked to about getting a different route. If you persevere you can get different routes...
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Cut me off after 14 mins. Grrrrrrrrr
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Alpinebear, Maybe easier to look out a route and present it as a fait accompli to them. Together with the €250 compensation you are due under EU rules.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Alpinebear wrote:
No idea what is covered, I'll try that thanks. Currently waiting on phone.

You may be able to push them to book you on another airline if there are no flights available with Easyjet. Might be worth checking out options before you speak to them.

https://www.caa.co.uk/passengers/resolving-travel-problems/delays-and-cancellations/cancellations/
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The next person refused to talk to me about the booking as my wife booked it even though the first person did.

I can't understand how they can leave the cancellation so late in the day. My wife is now onto them. Thanks for the advice. So poor from Easyjet.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Alpinebear, she can give permission for you to talk to them. My parents did this so that my sister could take over
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Is today April 1st!

My wife got through and has been told the flight has now not been cancelled so they have rebooked her on!
snow conditions
@Alpinebear, wow! Read something similar happening in the news. Well REALLY glad she is back on the flight
latest report
Alpinebear wrote:
Is today April 1st!

My wife got through and has been told the flight has now not been cancelled so they have rebooked her on!

The information on their own flight tracker seems very scrambled:
https://www.easyjet.com/en/flight-tracker/EJU6971?fd=2022-04-09

Apparently the flight will take off late, land on time, but is also cancelled. Confused
snow report
Edinburgh airport has it cancelled
snow conditions
Alpinebear wrote:
Edinburgh airport has it cancelled

The outgoing flight from Lyon to Edinburgh, which is presumably the same plane, is showing as cancelled on Flightradar and both the Lyon and Edinburgh airport websites.
ski holidays
Another call and I can speak about the booking......According to our system the flight is definitely going ahead sir......I don't have time to look at departure and arrival boards at airports......If the flight is cancelled we will put her in a hotel for the night and put her on the next available flight......she can book an economy class fare and proceed with a reclaim from Easyjet......I don't know why you have been sent a cancellation text and email.......our system wouldn't let my colleague re-book your wife if the flight wasn't flying tonight......

Have a nice f***in day.

She will arrive at Edinburgh in the next twenty mins or so will see what they say there.
snow report
Alpinebear wrote:
Another call and I can speak about the booking......According to our system the flight is definitely going ahead sir......I don't have time to look at departure and arrival boards at airports......If the flight is cancelled we will put her in a hotel for the night and put her on the next available flight......she can book an economy class fare and proceed with a reclaim from Easyjet......I don't know why you have been sent a cancellation text and email.......our system wouldn't let my colleague re-book your wife if the flight wasn't flying tonight......

Have a nice f***in day.

She will arrive at Edinburgh in the next twenty mins or so will see what they say there.

You couldn't make it up!
ski holidays
easyJet Edinburgh had to speak to easyJet customer service on phone(wife's phonecall) and explain the flight was cancelled.
EJCS refused to change flight as system was showing delayed. EJEDI demanded to speak to EJCS's manager. Flight eventually changed to Geneva tomorrow morning but EJCS refused to book a hotel for my wife and two kids because ......the flight according to them was still showing delayed.
Wife now had to pay £200 for a room for the night.
I really don't know how easyJet can treat people like this(except EDI staff who seemed to care).
snow conditions
@Alpinebear, Shocked
snow conditions
@Alpinebear, I hope she took names of who she spoke to as you should be able to claim the cost of the accom etc plus €250 each in compensation under EU261, as I think the full callsign was EZU, so the EU arm of Easyjet. If not UK261 applies with similar effect.

It sounds like there has been an IT glitch and computer says no here.
latest report
Our flight home from Geneva was cancelled and we were offered one two days later. Not exactly ideal. So we ended up taking trains all the way from CH to the NW of England, a two-day odyssey.

There was no reason given for the cancellation. Just a blithe assumption that another two days without being at home/going to work is something you should just suck up.
snow report
Our flight home on Saturday from Basel to Gatwick had a large queue to drop off bags (we'd already checked in online and had boarding passes allocated). Our flight was due for departure at 12:30, we joined the end of the queue at 10:30 and it was at least an hour before we reached a desk and were able to check in our bags. Sad Fortunately going through security afterwards was quite quick, but there was quite a walk from there to the gate, so that by the time we arrived there they had already started boarding. All a bit stressful.
ski holidays
I feel rather lucky to have returned from Zurich to Luton on Friday night without incident. yes we queued in passport control hall for 40 mins but that is not unusual at Luton if 2 planes land at similar times...

easyjet had advised me there would be no inflight service, although the trolley did go down with what appeared to be drinks only I think.
snow report
@chocksaway, just received confirmation that we will be receiving the refund you mentioned, thanks everyone for info and advice.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy