Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

GHIC In Switzerland...too much experience!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This has been an interesting week...
Arrived a week ago feeling fine...but the next day far from it.
By Friday I had a hacking cough, pain down my breathing tubes and a very sore throat...time to see the Doctor.

So armed with my GHIC off I went... antibiotics and a special inhaler.
But...the doctor refused to use the GHIC because in their experience it is always refused by the UK and so the doctor doesn't get paid.
They were very apologetic and rather upset for the consequences for the patients, notable the large number of UK Army who fill the slopes for six weeks of December and January for a regular exercise.

So far, so bad...but I did speak to the GHIC people and they were very surprised and told.me.that if submit receipts then I'll get my refund directly.
Annoying but manageable.

Today...drama!!
Just before setting out to go skiing... suddenly, without any warning
A TOTAL HEADACHE Sad Sad
Terrible pain, unbelievable pain, from nowhere, no ramp up, like a switch being turned on. Vomiting with the pain. Unable to move with the mega pain Eh oh!

I called the doctor and she said go to the hospital NOW!
So my wife drove me.

The reaction at the ER was great, very thorough examination, that were obviously focussed on a possible stroke, but that was clearly not the case, even I could see that.
I was given a CT Scan and got the all clear an hour later...and by then the pain was reduced.

The diagnosis?
None really...but the doctor was very reassuring that there was nothing to worry about...maybe it was.my first ever migraine.

The good news was that the hospital accepted the GHIC without question.
Nothing to pay, nothing to reclaim, nothing to do.

So I am OK
GHIC works perfectly for the expensive stuff in hospital, but not at my GP here (EHIC worked fine).

All's well that ends well
Blush Blush Blush Blush
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not ended yet. Take it very easy and avoid going up to higher altitude for a few days while you check there's no part III.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

Not ended yet. Take it very easy

This. Do take it very easy.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sounds like its good you had the GHIC, its a bit of a good thing. But assume you had travel insurance as a back up.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
No travel insurance...
We have our own place here so can stay as long as we like within reason.
GHIC does cover medical needs
Lift pass insurance covers ski rescues.
Breakdown insurance covers the car journey.
I really can't see what the point of travel insurance would be....any residual risk is I guess self insured in a way
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I can see, and I guess travel insurance might be quite expensive if you stay for a lot of days or not even an option for long stays. Lucky that the GHIC is around then.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy