Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Esprit & Chalet Versoye in La Plagne (Montchavin)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Considering booking here for January with my little girl (5 going on 6) in Jan of next year. Two questions, anyone been to this particular chalet and know whats it's like. And what aspect does Montchavin, in terms of sunnyness or shade in mid Jan?

Cheers chaps.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
stevew, No experience of Ski Esprit or the chalet- soz, however from memory if im thinking of the right place- sun goes early over there. Well even in Plagne centre mid Jan you lose it by like 2pm.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nadenoodlee, thanks for the info, but changed tack and now booked for Tignes with Ski Esprit in Chalet Hotel Terril Blanc, know Tignes v.well but dont know the hotel -suppose I'll find our when we get there, supposed to be "near" (400m) the Aeroski
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ask for a room overlooking the lake on the top floor, back ones are noisy as near road. We have been twice, child care and spritlets lessons were great, food was so so. It a 5 minute walk to the aeroski, out of hotel turn right, the pavements can be a bit slippy. To work out were it is: coming back from the aeroski, go past the spar on the right, walk about 3 minutes, a road comes down the hill on the right, the hotel is opposite on the left, it next to what was a crystal hotel with a funny tower bit.

If your daughter is doing snow club in morning make sure they have enough staff to cover them crossing the busy road outside as when we were there they didn't
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks carroz, I'm afraid we're on the ground floor not sure if we're on the road side or lake side. I can picture where it 's now, the funny tower used to Terracu (sp) with Ski Olympic.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
steve - any feedback on the position of the rooms. we are thinking of booking the same two rooms on the ground floor. cheers.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
backhojo, we were in room 11 which was on the ground floor level as you enter the hotel, there are only two on that level (and 1 or 2 below) all the rest were above this. I was quite concerned what the noise level would be from the bar below and the dining room adjacent but in the end could here nothing and Hannah (daughter) was never disturbed by any noise. The room was comfortble but like all of these place a little compact, bathroom and toilet were good and normally - except one morning - there was plentiful hot water (I think the whole water / central heating system had tripped out. Views if the lake were wonderful.

Food was as described above so so .. Ski Esprit try a little to hard on producing fancy nice looking dishes rather than quantity and maybe cut a little cost on the qulaity of the food. That being said the food was all edible and hot (when required to be), Hannah's evening meal was always good and the breakfast was one of the best I've had in a chalet or chalet hotel. The staff were very friendly and helpful and Hannah really enjoyed herself in both the ski classes and the snow club.

Food reservation aside for a trip with my daughter I'd have no hesitation in booking there again - the caveat there being that Tignes is one of my favourtie resorts.

Hope this helps.

Steve
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
thanks steve - i have a confession...i am a muppet....when i did the search for chalet versoye and came up with this thread i didnt read and digest it fully as i was at work.....i saw your post and thought you were talking about the versoye in montchavin !!! - not a ridiculous assumption as this was the title of the thread !!!! it wasnt until later in the morning i realised the track of the thread had gone off at tangent and travelled 30 miles down the river Isere !!!! SORRY !! i will, however, store up your advice for future years - tignes is not an option at the moment as we have a 5 month old and i really think tignes would be too high for him. WE DID BOOK THE VERSOYE TODAY - CRACKING LAST MINUTE DEAL family of 4 for £995. we go on feb 25th. I will feedback on here when we return.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

next to what was a crystal hotel with a funny tower bit

Still is a Crystal chalet-hotel, called the Terrachu.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy