Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Making the best of a not so good situation

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
As some will know on here, in Serre Chevalier we've not had the best of seasons*, as we've missed out on weather systems that have brought good accumulations to the Northern Alps as well as weather systems coming up from the South, and last weekend, even more, salt was rubbed into our wounds when resorts around Grenoble scored 50cms and then only 12km as the crow flies from here, Montgenevre ended up with 40cms, and here a big fat zero!

I was skiing Claviere after the snowfall on Saturday introducing my daughter to off-piste and trees and was amazed at the snow, so on Monday decided on a recce on my own using the E-Mtb to access an area just below the French / Italian border, riding up a valley before locking it up and ski-touring up to the border.

And the snow was very sweet indeed with possibly another day's good snow to be had, so yesterday with @KenX, and the dogs I went back up there, this time no E-Mtb.

The marmots were out in force and the dogs were going ballistic, Ullr was disappearing a long way up the mountainside chasing down every whistle and he'd be gone for a good ten mins or so which was a little disconcerting to say the least.

Anyway here's the video with some good dog chasing skier action at the end Very Happy

http://youtube.com/v/vspQ6eM1SyQ

* and yes there was a day when SH's on the bash here scored good conditions but by day two normal service was resumed Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy