Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Looking for good 'downward' vision goggle for big noses

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, I'm looking for a particular goggle fit.

All helmets seem to be comfortable on me with a low frontal position. Which has a knock on effect:

Goggles are pushed downwards onto my face, crushing the upper bit of my relatively large nose and actually restricting my nasal airflow.

I also want a lower frontal view (i.e. I want to see more of my skis etc).

Many years ago, I had some Von Zipper goggles that were perfect, but it was before I started wearing a helmet so I don't know how they interfaced with one.

Are there any decent helmets with built in visors? This seems to be a possible solution but I've never really considered one before. Are they recommended?

I'm prepared to buy a new helmet and matching goggles but I need some pointers as I haven't got many shops near me to test them out. I can put some decent shops on my radar and go and seek them out.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Deveron53, I have a Bollé visor helmet as I have a small head and face and found separates difficult to match up so they fitted comfortably. Hubby has a Bollé helmet, and bought some separate Cairn goggles which match up fine- he has a generously proportioned nose too. Your head shape may be entirely different though. You also shouldn't be looking at your skis !
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hells Bells wrote:
@Deveron53, I have a Bollé visor helmet as I have a small head and face and found separates difficult to match up so they fitted comfortably. Hubby has a Bollé helmet, and bought some separate Cairn goggles which match up fine- he has a generously proportioned nose too. Your head shape may be entirely different though. You also shouldn't be looking at your skis !

Hi, I was just using "I want to see more of my skis etc" as a phrase to indicate what direction I wanted to see more of. Not that I want to watch my skis all the time, I just want more downward peripheral vision.

I'm probably ruining my argument here by asking: Is the Ruroc RG1DX helmet any good? I don't suppose it gives good downward vision but it may have a better helmet to goggle interface. I wonder about the nose foam though. But using the face mask bit, it would help support he goggle so it doesn't slip down and pinch my nose.
I need to go and try one. Although they have a sale on the Ruroc site and free returns.

They also do the Nix helmet and goggle combo at reasonable price.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The Smith 4d mag has specifically been designed to allow better downward vision..
Whether the helmet / goggle interface pushes the goggles down on your nose is really a physical thing based on (I suppose) the relative shape of your head.
You may want to sit down before you look at the price of the 4d mag though..
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wear sunnies instead.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Roguevfr wrote:
The Smith 4d mag has specifically been designed to allow better downward vision..
Whether the helmet / goggle interface pushes the goggles down on your nose is really a physical thing based on (I suppose) the relative shape of your head.
You may want to sit down before you look at the price of the 4d mag though..

Yeah, that's a bit steep!
I think my priority should be to try and alleviate the constriction of the upper part of my nose by helmets ramming the goggles down. I've done various experiments at home with the couple of helmets I have access to.
I'm actually going to order a Ruroc to try. It's the integrated goggle that looks as if it might work. At the moment they have huge discounts which make the price relatively reasonable, especially as you're getting a mag goggle in the package as well. I know they're considered very 'Marmite' but a Boba Fett version kind of breaks up the 'stormtrooper' effect a bit. They do free return shipping so not a lot to lose.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Origen wrote:
Wear sunnies instead.
I usually do. I've actually got 2 pairs of Oakley Fuel Cell. One is dark, one is clear. They are varifocal. I got them mainly for mountain biking. Thing is, I tend to prefer cold conditions (high altitude French resorts in mid Jan to early Feb, plus Scotland) for the best snow and my eyes water like crazy when I get a cold breeze on them. Even moderate speeds in an indoor snow centre cause constant streaming from my eyes!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Or a visor?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Uvex dual lens, the one with the magnetic outer lens.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
If you have a helmet that fits you well then take it to a shop and try on plenty of goggles or order plenty of goggles online for home testing and return what you don't want. You could luck out with the first pair but that is not always the case.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy