Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Inssbruck to Sölden transfer recommendations

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I couldn't see a recent thread on this (appreciate there are some older ones), so I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations and a rough idea of transfer prices?

We're flying into Innsbruck and staying at Hotel Stefan, which is very near the Giggijoch Gondola.

There will be 3 of us (2 adults and one 7 year old), I'm going to hire a snowboard this time to keep luggage down, but we will still have 1 medium case and 2/3 hand luggage sized ones (small children appear to require A LOT of luggage!), so a combination of the train and multiple buses isn't ideal (presumably airport->bus->station->train->station->bus/taxi->hotel).

I had a look at the Otztal Shuttle, which I've seen mentioned on here, but oddly the website only offers exclusive bookings (i.e. the whole mini-bus) which we don't need (and the cost doesn't make sense for us).

Just clicking on random ads that came up, it looks like a round trip with a random taxi firm is approx. EUR 300, which seems quite high, but then again I guess fuel prices have gone up a lot, so perhaps its about right!

So does anyone have any taxi firms that they could recommend (preferably one that allows card, rather than cash payment)?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We have been using https://austria-taxi.at/ for quite a few years now. Have always picked us up on time no problems.

This year we had our flight cancelled by BA and we rearranged to 2 different times the next day and they helped us out without any complaints.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cool thanks, booked with them, the website is pretty slick, although it is annoying to be charged extra to pay by card!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I used find transfers and got a private transfer to Obergurgl for 320 euro 3 weeks ago. Booked it late too, only a week benue we went Embarassed
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Maybe rent a medium sized car?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Not really a fan of driving, particularly on the off chance conditions were bad.

All booked now anyway!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@vjmehra, we used Austria taxi some years ago too.
We had a very friendly driver from Greece (!)
After some talking we discovered he had just arrived in Austria, had never driven with snowchains, and did not know the way. Luckily we did, and weather was good….this was for Innsbruck-Lech, which includes two mountainpasses…. Cool
We will not use Austria Taxi again for transfers
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Shocked
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Teds Transfers: https://teds-transfers.com
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks clarky999,
Private transfer prices for the coming season are definitely going to be higher than previous seasons. For a minibus from Innsbruck to Sölden, Obergurgl, Serfaus, Ischgl, St Anton you can expect around €190 - €210 each way. Last season some of the bigger transfer companies (the ones with fancy websites and the cheapest prices) left many families stranded at the airport or in resorts, as they struggled to cope with their large amount of bookings and any travel delays. Or even tried to charge extra in cash for rising fuel prices.
My tip: is always look for a company separately on Tripadvisor or Google reviews, and look up their negative reviews before booking. It is very easy these days to con a customer with a fancy website.
The best service is usually from the local taxi companies in or near your resort. They may cost a little more but they know the area and conditions, and are well prepared for traffic and flight delays. They also won't usually ask for a deposit or pre-payment.
www.findtransfers.com is a great website to use, but don't just go with the cheapest option. Consider the safety and comfort of your family. It's the most important part of your holiday.
Oh...and legally every legally registered taxi in Austria now has to accept card payment in the vehicle. If they don't it's best to avoid them Wink
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Too late for you vjmehra - but Astrian public transport to ski resorts (or anywhere generally!) is excellent, reliable and reasonably priced - especially compared to rip off Britain.

Sölden isn't hard to get to (train + bus) from Innsbruck.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I would contact your hotel in Solden and ask them for a recommendation for a taxi to pick you up in Innsbruck. Someone in the family probably runs the taxi co., and the hotel folks don't want to have their guests unhappy when they arrive.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy