Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Munich Friday afternoon

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am, all going well, off to Mayrhofen next weekend, coming back good friday. My return flight is 17:30 from Munich. The transfer company has (Alps 2 Alps) has set 13:00 as pickup time. That sounds a bit tight to me? Normally there pickups give loads of time often dropping at airport before we can drop the bags...

We haven't done this route before, am I worrying about nothing?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mayhorfen is 2-2.5hr to Munich Airport. you can assume 3hrs and work backwards.

I suspect you will have at least 1.5hr at the airport, maybe 2 is the bus does not make many stops on the way or if traffic is not too bad.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I think that's a bit tight but perfectly achievable assuming no delays en route to, or at, the airport. Terminal one tends to have much slower queues than terminal two in my experience ie better to fly Lufthansa than BA (for many other reasons too!).
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Terminal 2 for me and with Lufthansa
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Snowsartre wrote:
I think that's a bit tight but perfectly achievable assuming no delays en route to, or at, the airport. Terminal one tends to have much slower queues than terminal two in my experience ie better to fly Lufthansa than BA (for many other reasons too!).

This is what worries me.... I don't like relying on No Delays especially on an afternoon. One thunk at 3am when most sane people are in bed
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I suspect that he knows the way, and if the traffic is heavy he`ll come off at Rosenheim, and take the back road directly to the airport.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Traffic should be very light on Good Friday.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm leaving tomorrow on the same route, returning Friday 8th, but with a hire car. I'm expecting Friday to be busy as people travel for the long weekend, and because I'm on the last flight out to LHR so many of the business travellers probably use that flight as well. Departure is more of a concern for me - Heathrow has always been a shambles in my experience, so I don't have high hopes. By contrast, several trips through Munich have been almost pleasant, including several where the luggage arrived on the carousel before the passengers got there despite there being no queues at all at passport control.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@ousekjarr, I am not expecting any issues as I am flying out Sunday morning on 7:25 flight.

Yet I will be allowing more or similar tolerance on time than transfer company is on return
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy