Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Valley-level Snow this Weekend?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I wanted to go to somewhere in Austria/Switzerland this weekend that would have valley level snow on Saturday and Sunday, but I will have to take a train from Regensburg to get there. Zell am See would be beautiful, but Bergfex says they will get nothing but rain lower down this week. St. Moritz would be ideal, but 8 hours by train is both expensive but too long. I want to go not only for skiing (I prefer blues) but also to enjoy a nice snowy landscape before summer hits.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
St Anton, Seefeld are both accessible by train

Or train to Innsbruck and take a bus out to Stubaital or Kuhtai

Looks like getting valley level snow and a train station is going to be a bit marginal, so may be better to get close by train and use a bus and or ski lifts to get your winter wonderland experience.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lech
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Langerzug wrote:
Lech

Good call, I had a lovely snowy week in Lech a few years back. Train to Langen, then Postbus??
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
luigi wrote:
Langerzug wrote:
Lech

Good call, I had a lovely snowy week in Lech a few years back. Train to Langen, then Postbus??

Train to Langen OR St.Anton (alternating), then taxi (ca. 70 euro) or Postbus (cheap) to Lech
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It turns out I can leave much earlier on Friday than I thought and St. Moritz is now possible. Would you recommend that over Lech? I am looking for not only blues, but also nice scenery to relax in and lots of snow. This little trip is supposed to be a relaxing trip, I'm not looking for tons of skiing.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Also, how good is Lech for skiing without any sun? Are there enough trees?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@südtirolistdeutsch, Lech has plenty of snow currently, and refreshment is coming.
In general, Lech has (much) more snow than St.Moritz.
Check the webcams! Currently there is not much snow in the valley in St.Moritz
Neither Lech nor St.Moritz has a lot of trees.
Lech has lovely scenery. St.Moritz too. But St.Moritz itself is ugly imo
Trees are in the lower valleys, and snow is not, in April...You can't have it all!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Langerzug wrote:
@südtirolistdeutsch, Lech has plenty of snow currently, and refreshment is coming.
In general, Lech has (much) more snow than St.Moritz.
Check the webcams! Currently there is not much snow in the valley in St.Moritz
Neither Lech nor St.Moritz has a lot of trees.
Lech has lovely scenery. St.Moritz too. But St.Moritz itself is ugly imo
Trees are in the lower valleys, and snow is not, in April...You can't have it all!

Thank you very much, I booked Lech for this weekend.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
There is forecast to be snow all day Saturday for the Munich area (around 500m), if correct, that means snow into the valleys too in the alps. The forecasts suggest snow south of the main ridge line so snow in northern Italy as well. St Moritz tends towards a dry but cold winter climate whereas Lech is amongst the snowiest spots in the alps. Not much chance of sun, maybe a glimmer or two Sunday afternoon. If you can stay for Monday it should be excellent conditions with some sunshine.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy