Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best ski school/ resort to work in Canada?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, just wondering if any posters have experience of working a season as an instructor in Canada and if so, is there a particular ski school or resort that they would recommend? I'm not looking for hectic nightlife. I'm a bit beyond the gap year, shots every night scene (although, I do sometimes forget this!). Small town laidback vibe would be what I would prefer and if there was a school with a good reputation that might offer upskilling training that would be great. I have the Austrian level 2 qualification which most schools seem to accept no problem and the working holiday visa as well so all of that is in order.
Thanks in advance for any advice.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Think you'll get good on the job training most places in the West. Fernie is a great hill and pretty laidback although Nonstop are a bit of a dominant gap yah presence. Otherwise I'd say Red/ Rossland where the general std of skiing and boarding is about the best in the world.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I agree with dave . fernie is pretty cool when I was there the school was the best I've used.plus you have the opportunity to do a bit of cat ski-ing with fwa.town has a fair bit going on so you should not get bored even have a hockey team.antway good luck on your choice.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think you'd need insider insider knowledge to know which bosses are best to work for at a specific time & place, if you see what I mean.

Hockey or Tim Hortons are is unlikely to be a differentiator as they all have that wink

Vibe-wise I'd look at the geography and work out where most people live, as that's different
for example between Revelstoke and Big White because of the relative location of the hills
and the original towns, and the size and mix of any modern real-estate development.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy