Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

meteox looks promising

Poster: A snowHead
...eh up....the big blocking highs seem to have gone....

see the big depressions coming across....at the right lattitude now and not messing around 500km to the North....

https://www.meteox.com/forecastloop.aspx?type=1

hmmm.....

..could be promising....
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Jan-vril Cool
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I certainly hope so....Janvril lasted well into May in 2019 in our neck of the woods...hey diddle diddle, dumpity dump

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Tue 29-03-22 20:42; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@valais2, they shouldn’t have cancelled my Crans trip, should they!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@ster, ...no they shouldn't....very frustrating....
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I’m reliably informed its been snowing today at valley level in Les Contamines (our alternative destination this year).
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ster wrote:
I’m reliably informed its been snowing today at valley level in Les Contamines (our alternative destination this year).

Not on the webcam I have been looking at.

A few snow flurries higher up earlier. But reasonable amounts forecast for the next couple of days, and even maybe more the second half of next week.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@j b, I was talking to a guy on the spot. May not have been much or lay, but good sign.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
And it appears to be snowing in London right now!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@ster, certainly it is making me a bit more confident our punt on plane tickets for Easter week might work. It's the only week our daughter could come with us (actually not quite true, but the original plan of skiing over New Year was kyboshed by catching Covid).

At worst we can go walking in the valleys, do a day trip to Geneva ...
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The wind elves and snow pixies seem to be at work…warm front hitting cold front in the right place for once…
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
i do hope so, last trip of the year on the 9th was looking like a damp squid until this appeared
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Jonny996, we might possibly be able to meet some point ...
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@j b, sounds good
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Jonny996, @j b, you both going to Les C?
latest report
@ster, actually we both have bases down the valley in St Gervais. But in our case at least we usually do at least one day in Les C.
snow report
@j b, might see you there. I think we're heading to Les C the week of 9th April
snow report
@ster, good stuff. We are travelling 10th. Not sure which days where, will depend a bit on snow conditions but our daughter who hasn't skiied for two years will be keen to go everywhere.
latest report
@j b, it looking good at the moment, I see snow in the village now and more to come? Drop me a line if you head to Les C that week. I am toying with getting an Evasion pass to get to the other resorts but am minded to stick with the local pass as only skiing 5 days and have lessons to cater for.
ski holidays
@ster, yes, StG village seems to be just on the cusp at the moment between snow and rain (LesC is higher) but the slopes are definitely getting some new snow. Obviously we are hoping for plenty and the temperatures to stay low enough to keep it. The longer distance forecasts seem to be predicting more precipitation end of next week, but with less clarity about temperature. It wouldn't be good for it to fall as rain on the pistes.

Will drop a PM if heading up the valley, though we tend to decide where to ski day to day. If StG is getting slushy again we will certainly try LesC.
snow conditions
i will keep any eye on this & PM to see if you guys are about, will be me & the flying 14 year old, Mrs 996 will be lounging with a book during the day
snow report
@j b, …argh yes…rain killed a 30cm fall in Feb in the Valais … snow, snow thick thick snow … that’s the dance we need …
ski holidays
@valais2, sorry for the thread drift.

@j b, now you've made me look at the 14 day forecast, which is a bit less promising but at least still far out.

@j b, @Jonny996, how about putting any messages re meeting etc in Les C here, its an old thread I had for tips for a previous trip?

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2989290#2989290
snow conditions
A bit more snow in London! A very little bit.
latest report
@ster, …no problem…way of life on here….
snow conditions
We're off to Hochgurgl on Sunday, our first skiing due to lockdowns since New Year 2019/20.

I can't believe our good fortune. After an arid three months in The Alps, Hochgurgl's currently -7C and in the middle of a three day blizzard. The webcam shots show a huge midwinter dump.

So excited.
snow report
@Snow&skifan, …the sacrifice of many chickens was clearly worth it…
snow conditions
Currently sat in airport hotel in Edinburgh, heading to Selva tomorrow.
I’m always a tad sceptical about these forecasts from 4/5 days out. But the town was already white before we drove down and the forecast has been increasing in depth every day. Up to 18” from now til Sunday morning.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy