Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

SUNWEB

Poster: A snowHead
SUNWEB - Has anyone used them? Recommend? They seem good on price but literally online only (I like to speak to someone!)
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes, I've used them, and lots of other snowHeads have too. Would recommend.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Do you speak to anyone or was it literally just online? Thanks
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes used lots and spoken to them before booking, after booked and when in resort when we had a slight issue. Always very helpful.

100% recommended and booked for 2 seperate weeks this coming season with them
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yup. My 1st place of call for DIY trip, as it gives me a price to try & beat Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks, they seem great value for money. Lift pass and flight included x
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Plenty of comments about them before, just do a search.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Busymum, one thing that I have been wondering with Sunweb is around surcharges after booking. I noticed for a 7 night Tignes holiday on 10th Dec the price said 'Lift pass worth £182 inc'
That seems cheap, because the lift pass for that week is 312 euros or maybe higher now, so I checked the T's and C's. I (think) the small print says prices are fixed in March of each year and can be increased if that price is way off by the time the holiday comes around. I am no expert on consumer law, others on here may be more so, but I would make sure you read the conditions in case a surcharge can be added after booking. If ever an operator's costs could have risen substantially after March, this season must be it.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for that info x
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Booked accomadation through them for March 2022. The cost of the accomadation if booked direct was 15 euro less than the sunweb price including the lift pass!

Seemed too good to be true, but it all worked perfectly!

Reccomended.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Busymum, All good, got a trip at Easter booked with them. Great value, along with SnowTrex who are also good value.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
toyah807 wrote:
@Busymum, one thing that I have been wondering with Sunweb is around surcharges after booking. I noticed for a 7 night Tignes holiday on 10th Dec the price said 'Lift pass worth £182 inc'
That seems cheap, because the lift pass for that week is 312 euros or maybe higher now, so I checked the T's and C's. I (think) the small print says prices are fixed in March of each year and can be increased if that price is way off by the time the holiday comes around. I am no expert on consumer law, others on here may be more so, but I would make sure you read the conditions in case a surcharge can be added after booking. If ever an operator's costs could have risen substantially after March, this season must be it.

All package operators have such T&C to protect them. Also, tour operators will get lift passes a lot cheaper than you & I, due to the numbers they purchase throughout a season. It is worth checking the lift pass page though, as sometimes they only add the cheapest local lift pass & not the area lift pass.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
That's all good to hear. I have booked with Sunweb to Les Deux Alpes in Jan. Thought the price was too good to be true (under £600 half board with Lift pass in centre of L2A self drive) called them up and spoke to a really helpful chap who assured it was right so booked. Comms so far been good too.
Went with Snowtrex last year to Valmeinier and they were fine. You get sent vouchers for accommodation, ski hire and lift pass and all worked perfectly. No rep but they vary on availability and knowledge anyway. Would use Snowtrex again as great value for money
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Another recommend from me - booked with them for Dec 21 + we were due to travel on the morning after the Swiss changed the entrance / transit arrangements overnight...(1st Omicron wave). Money from Sunweb was back in our A/C that week (don't even remember having to fill out any paperwork) + we even got a hand written and very personalised postcard from Netherlands office of Sunweb later that week offering their commiserations. We only used them as their pricing was so close to £££ for DIY option...
snow report
As JP Wolf just reminded me. Our first booking with Snowtrex was cancelled due to Covid and got my back from Snowtrex very quickly and easily, in fact way easier and quicker than Eurotunnel
latest report
following this with interest....just priced up a S/C accom in La Plagne for Feb HT....very good price with it inc lift pass......
snow conditions
Another recommendation for Sunweb, I've used them half a dozen times or more. Decent value and quite a large range of holiday types. All very straightforward with vouchers for the lift pass and ski hire if needed. In my experience the resort rep will send you a WhatsApp just in case rather than a formal 'meet and greet'.

My only, (slight), gripe was a late part cancellation of a family trip due to Covid last NY, where I thought it would have been fairer to have got something back on the unused pass and ski hire accepting that the accommodation couldn't be resold. My request was turned down, but it hasn't stopped me rebooking a couple of trips this season.
snow report
@Busymum, had a group trip booked with them, had to cancel due to a diagnosis of a serious medical condition, the rest of the group still wanted to go, and I just wanted a letter from them saying that my place had been cancelled so that I could claim on my insurance and they messed me around hugely. Wouldn't give me a letter to that effect, instead gave me a letter showing everyone else's prices having increased to compensate for me not going and claimed that they were legally obligated to do this! Drove me absolutely mental, I didn't want a refund from them, just a confirmation that I wasn't going on the holiday and they refused to provide this. In the end, the group got sent home after 1 day of skiing as France went into its first lockdown and everyone, including myself, got all of their money back. So, when everything goes to plan they're great, but IME absolutely dog sh*t as soon as something goes slightly wrong. Also had to get arsey with them to get the refunds for covid given to us in cash and not just voucher form long after the it had been clarified that you can't do that
snow report
off in December with them, have used both Sunweb and Snowtrex a fair bit (same business model) and never had any issues, UK based call centre i think if you have any issues, always been super helpful, great value for money.
ski holidays
I used sunweb for the first time last December for a week in Tignes (same as the PSB!). The flip flopping of Swiss restrictions at that time put the holiday in doubt, but sunweb was always prompt emailing with contingency options before and whilst we were there.

The downside of sunweb of course is the relatively no frills aspect as they don't directly manage your holiday, just book it. Even so it worked out fine for us and I rated it enough to have booked two weeks with them this year!
snow report
Sunweb are great. I'm booked with them again for Jan.

March 22 I had a trip with them to MdC. Accommodation + lift pass came to £938 for 2 people!
ski holidays
Prices up similar to a direct booking for me.

Looking at "Résidence Maeva Home La Marelle et Le Rami" on Les Coches for 7 nights from 20 Dec it says £479 per person (4 people).

A lift pass would be about £285 per person meaning the accommodation for the week would be a little under £200 each.

If I go to Maeva website directly that same apartment would be £879.

I have checked with an immobilier and I can get an apartment from them for around £455. And to be honest I would rather use an immobilier than someone like Maeva.

Not to say there is anything wrong with Sunweb or that their deals are no good.
snow conditions
Very pleased with Sunweb on a holiday to Badgastein moments before covid. Complete package including choice of EJ flights and transfers to match - reasonable hotel and included lift pass. Added ski rental price very reasonable - they obviously have buying power. No local rep but that didnt matter - think the hotel handed over the lift pass and there was a voucher for the ski shop. Good comms re transfers.

Certainly use them again. Back then, if you were a SCGB member there was a further discount.
snow report
I’ve used Sunweb and everything worked pretty well. Our only issue was the apartment we were allocated was in a pretty bad location in the building and didn’t look at all like the pictures in the brochure. When querying this the manager at the Pierre et Vacances residence admitted there is a pecking order for apartment allocations. Direct bookings with P&V are at the top aka South facing high floor, then preference for Inghams & Crystal etc followed by Sunweb at the bottom of the pile as they drive a hard deal on price, hence our ground floor north facing apartment. Not sure if that is P&V policy or not!
ski holidays
One word of warning…
Read everything about the booking. Some french places charge extra for bedding, etc. as well as final clean.
snow report
We've used them once for a group trip of 23 and they were really helpful - we'd actually booked a number of larger units in a resort but a few days later they had a right size capacity chalet and they called me to see if we'd want to switch, def good service!

We've booked again with them in Dec - funnily enough, think it's a P&V place so @Faust1, I look forward to our ar$e end of the building apartment Laughing but for the price paid, I doubt I would worry too much!
snow report
Sunweb are great, prices almost always cheaper than you can diy and good customer service when you need to change things. They give quite good descriptions of what you are getting bed/room wise as well compared to some other providers.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Once you get used to 10 days being 8 and 5 days being 3 it's not always such a bargain compared to buying the components yourself but they do have some crackers on there.
snow conditions
I booked a self-drive trip to Flaine with them and found them excellent - voucher for accomodation and lift passes but all worked fine.
Amended the post as I noticed someone made a good point above.
We also found that the accomodation whilst very tolerable, was not in the best apartments in the block we stayed in - we were also told that this was because Sunweb have such keen prices - it was a good price from what I remember and it was a great trip
snow report
just booked with them too

White Pearl in Plagne Soleil...brand new appts this year.

Cost via them with lift pass for 4 was less than a booking direct with CGH........
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy