Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Manchester airport delays

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone been through recently, is it as bad as being reported? I'm flying out in a few weeks for Easter. I last used the airport 4th March, Easyjet checkin was zero queue, fairly sizeable queue for security but nothing crazy. On the way back, landing Sun 27th at 11pm the passport queue was very slow, until they realised they had 6 real people doing nothing in the non British passport holders queue and opened the UK queue to those people!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-60859993
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Flew out with TUI on Sat 12th March and it was awful. Arrived over 3 hours before the flight and there was one large queue out of the terminal building, another queue to drop bags and a further 30 min queue for skis rolling eyes Just got through security in time to get a quick take away cuppa and had to go to plane.

Return journey and passport control went much more smoothly last Saturday evening and through at the baggage reclaim in under 10 minutes. Bags seemed to take a while but they all arrived which is the most important thing. We landed about 7pm
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@kitenski, 'Fraid so fella. Even the Management have admitted it's going to be a while:

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/mancheser-airport-queues-boss-shortages-23483721

They also reopen T3 on Sunday, but using T1 security.......
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=159661 - more info here
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hmm might be the only time in my life I’ll pay for security fast track!!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've use it a few times over last 6 months. I've always had carry on so can't comment about the bag drop, but the security is a complete joke. I had to use 5 trays (for 2 bags), and the chap behind be used 7 after they told him to put his sandwich and crisps in a separate tray (why??). I read that 60% of bags get rejected first go and fully believe it. I've had bags refused for a kindle, and another time a speaker, both of which passed straight through Geneva on the way out.

@kitenski, I pay for fast track in Manc and Brum. Granted you get to skip most of the queue, but you still have to deal with the worlds most idiotic security (not blaming the staff on the ground, it's idiot management making the rules)
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@kitenski, I’ve just returned this morning, on easyJet flight landed at 10.11 and I picked my bag off the carousel at 10.34, a world record I reckon . there were 2-3 other flights so not mega busy arrival. Outbound a week last Friday equally as quick
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Dr John, I'd guess Geneva has rather fancier, newer scanners than Manchester, which would mean they can cope with more things staying in bags, rather than it being a question of silly rules.

Geneva even has some scanners now where you don't need to take anything out of bags. Liquids, laptops etc all go through in the bag.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The problem at Manchester seems to be the lack of staff to operate all the new technology. Certainly when we went through at 1/2 terms loads of new scanners etc but only had 2 sets of scanners and 1 scanner gate open - the rest of it just gathering dust
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy