Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Picking skis - help me make sense of it all!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@ElzP, …that swapping can be right terrifying…

…Friend Yves (and ski school director-owner Swiss Mountain Sports) said one morning - ‘…just have a go on these Tim…’ pointing to his GS FIS Rossignols - full FIS race skis. Light they are not. ‘What’s the DIN on those, Yves…’ - ‘12ish’ … note that I run at 5.5….’okey doke…gulp’

Gawd…I arrived at Cry D’Er and thought - ‘…will I arrive at Grand Signal with intact ACLs?…’

After a metre, these things were SHIFTING….so smooth, so fast, so scary. Up on edge, that was it, forget trying to slow the speed by skidding…skidding?…they are just locked in and motoring….

No way was I going for a second run. But a good experience of driving the equivalent of an F1 car….
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@valais2, holy moly. Congratulations on your ACL survival! Shocked
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@ElzP, The DIN scale is designed to avoid injury during low speed falls, you don't typically have low speed falls on race skis, they will come off fine during a fall at race speeds.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@rjs, …indeed, but I could just see myself being too tentative and messing up whilst doing something below Warp Factor 9….
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'll stay off the racey skis for now... Very Happy

The swap of the e-magnums onto my husbands e-originals (also 163) was a good one, just that little bit more forgiveness and flexibility is spot on. We now seem to own one shared pair of skis. Laughing Which means I'll definitely have to test some more, n+1 indeed...

Thanks for the brilliant knowledge and advice, everyone who's commented. So valuable, feel like i have some clue what I'm looking for in the perfect ski(s!) and can ski a bit better. Snowheads result! snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy