Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Summer blues

Poster: A snowHead
Summer has not even started properly yet Im already over it. Booked two ski trips and planned a third for Winter 22/23 season and finding myself watching ski movies and documentaries in any free time I have.

Anyone else just crave it to be winter again?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nope Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
No - I am trying not to think of the fact that the days are now growing shorter.....and enjoying sailing!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Why not try some summer skiing? Probably not worth it for just messing about, but there are several UK companies who will do an introduction to race training. Try e.g Dave Morris at Podium, snoworks in Tignes etc. Although it is probably already late this year (he says having just finished a two week training block Cool.).

I’m personally on to the sailing next. As soon as school finishes, daughter number 1 has a week long stage on lasers Smile .
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
And I'm doing a quick sail to Littlehampton this weekend, then a couple of weeks cruising from Emsworth over to the Bay of the Seine. Blush Then later in the summer a couple of weeks in Provence. And an autumn week in the French Alps. Winter can wait. Don't wish your life away.......
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

Winter can wait. Don't wish your life away.......

True.

Personnaly I climb in the summer and ski in the winter. The week before last it was rock climbing in the Paklenica nation park, Croatia, next week a mixture of sport climbing, via ferrata and mountaineering in Les Arcs. After the Commonwealth Games, the Dolomites and then October, Kalymnos. Not sure what to do in September yet Smile
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@NewSkiingDad In July-August, we'll be returning to where we skied back in Jan-Feb and walking/cycling the same slopes that we skied over previously. And accessing some places that are impossible to get to in the winter. It's all very interesting and a different but equally good fitness experience. It's certainly easier getting ready and away in the morning, compared to using up half my stamina budget just getting to the first run.

Arolla last summer, looking towards the Italian border. The ski area is up to the right, out of the photo'. Going back to places that you've had fun skiing (or that you've booked to ski) is perhaps an option worth considering.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yep - but fear not since 21 June, winter is coming! Anyway my knee's fecked at the moment so anything which buys me time to be sorted by the time it is required to do serious work is okish.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
LaForet wrote:
@NewSkiingDad In July-August, we'll be returning to where we skied back in Jan-Feb and walking/cycling the same slopes that we skied over previously. And accessing some places that are impossible to get to in the winter. It's all very interesting and a different but equally good fitness experience. It's certainly easier getting ready and away in the morning, compared to using up half my stamina budget just getting to the first run.

Arolla last summer, looking towards the Italian border. The ski area is up to the right, out of the photo'. Going back to places that you've had fun skiing (or that you've booked to ski) is perhaps an option worth considering.

For the first time we're visiting a couple of our favourite ski resorts on a Dolomites trip this September, can't wait to Via Ferrata those little bridges you see when skiing.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@richb67, we have just been. Outstanding in the summer.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thats a hard no. Summer in the mountains is my favourite time of year but ask me again in October snowHead
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Nope. It’s only just warmed up here.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I’ve only had two BBQ this summer so far, it’s hardly started. As Dode says, we never got the heatwave that England got
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
My summer time ski dreams usually start around now. They involve being in a ski resort, but never actually getting to ski for bizarre and frustrating reasons, such as an endless search for or inability to actually put on my ski boots, lifts going in the wrong direction from the snow and general faffing from my companions. However, on the plus side, we’re off to the mountains on Monday. I will finally get my folks over to stay in our mountain home after having to cancel 2020 and 2021.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I have dreams like that @Perty, sometimes accompanied with the "knowledge" that though I'm in a familiar place there are some previously "undiscovered" runs to try out. One time I finally got up a lift, with skis, only to realise I was still wearing trainers.
snow report
Nope- off to the Alps with my new mtb on Friday so can't wait Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Nope, no summer blues here, very much looking forward to a fortnight at my Mum's in Spain as soon as school breaks up - she just happens to live on the coast south of Valencia so bonus is I will get Mediterranean beach days as well as seeing my Mum!
latest report
It is winter for me Very Happy

(And it’s a banger)
latest report
johnE wrote:
Quote:

Winter can wait. Don't wish your life away.......

True.

Personnaly I climb in the summer and ski in the winter. The week before last it was rock climbing in the Paklenica nation park, Croatia, next week a mixture of sport climbing, via ferrata and mountaineering in Les Arcs. After the Commonwealth Games, the Dolomites and then October, Kalymnos. Not sure what to do in September yet Smile

Are you competing in the commonwealth games..?
ski holidays
No summer blues here. In fact can't wait for time off work to enjoy it.

Doesn't mean I have not started investigations into next year's ski trips though. I love trip planning.
latest report
Quote:

No, just a technical official
ski holidays
@johnE, Ah nice. Cool to be involved. Which sport?
snow conditions
johnE wrote:
Quote:

No, just a technical official

I don't think you should use 'just' here, I'm sure a technical official in an Olympic sport must require a high level of knowledge and skills ! nice one
snow report
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
@richb67, we have just been. Outstanding in the summer.

can't wait. For years I've been wondering where the 5 lakes are in Madonna...
snow report
@richb67, lol. The Sella Ronda is a great day out on skis. By mountain bike it is an epic day out. I'm missing it already
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
@richb67, lol. The Sella Ronda is a great day out on skis. By mountain bike it is an epic day out. I'm missing it already

yes we're heading over to that area as well but I doubt I'm up to the SR by MB, maybe an electric one...
ski holidays
@richb67, we got the lifts up. Upu need to be experienced on an mtb to follow the route.
ski holidays
Quote:

Ah nice. Cool to be involved. Which sport?

Gymnastics. I'm on pommel horse and parallel bars
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
2 trips to Flachau this summer and one to Barcelona in the Autumn. Skiing on the agenda from December
ski holidays
In normal years, summer is golfing for me, but for the first time in about 20 odd years, i've not a golf club membership, as i'm teaching at the dry slope on a weekend and working towards my L2 exam in August.

So it's quite a different summer for me, but i'm filling it with skiing, which is what i'd miss anyway, so swings and roundabouts! I have just started to miss the golf, but only recently, so perhaps I needed a break from it anyway?
snow report
I am so sad that I often look at the webcam to see the very slow progress on two replacement lifts in the Sierra Nevada which is where I go for the odd day when out in Costa Tropical in winter.
latest report
@countryman, Do they actually open occasionally in the summer for skiing or are you talking about biking. I would have assumed they are pretty much bare in the summer?
snow report
I believe there is one chairlift open in the summer for walkers and bikers.

Just had my nerdy look today - a man standing on top of a concrete tower - maybe 12 -15 feet with no protection to stop falls or the such like rolling eyes

Unbelievably slow progress - they seem to have been digging for ages (season ended end April) to very little effect other than removing the old base station - even the first concrete for the replacement appears to only have been poured in the last week. Still, I suppose the first snows wont arrive until November so a bit of manana is permitted Laughing .
latest report
Normally I love spring & summer in the UK but OH has insisted that I join her in Croatia for most of August, I get uncomfortable above 25c and really hate anything above 30c, it's 30c+ every day here Sad
Spring was ruined by the thought of summer here, summer is purgatory. The silver lining is that I drove here in the van, with the motorbike in the back Very Happy it's been cool enough for bike gear one or two early mornings & I plan to stop in the Alps somewhere on the way home Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy