Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Geneva Airport tips wanted

Poster: A snowHead
fmd999 wrote:
Trolleys are 2 EUro.

Great, we've got a few of those left over from our last Euro trip.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We only drive to/from Morzine so if we have a petrol car (we get an EV from Europcar if they’re not too expensive cos we have a charger at the apartment) we just fill up at the 24hr place 50m before the entrance to P51 parking (where you return the hire car to). Because we’ll only have done 100 miles or so the difference in cost to refill is minimal and the convenience of topping up on the airport is great. But we prefer an ID3 electric if the cost is within £30 or so as the elec top up is about three quid and you don’t have to return it full.

I have fast track for GVA as part of EJ Plus and the benefit of it is it’s a separate channel, unlike Leeds and Manchester, so you don’t tend to get people rushing for flights marched to the front. I don’t think I’ve ever been more than 10 minutes.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Re the trolleys a word of warning - recently coming back from hire car place after a horrendous delay on the road, the bus driver jumped out and offered to get us 3 trolleys, I gave him 3x2eur coins only when we went to return the trolleys later did we realise he had swapped them for some random worthless coins. Only 6eurs yes and clearly my stupidity, but left rather a sour taste in our mouths, esp as we had given him 5eurs to say thank you and how kind it was of him to help what was a clearly hassled and rushed looking family. Did the same trick on our friends returning later the same day.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thats bizarre (I hope it wasnt the 2p we left in a trolley when we had to abandon one). You can't think its worth it for a few euro, as you'd think at some point someone will report him and I didnt think that was typical Swiss behaviour.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yes it was weird! Sure it wasnt your 2p as he took our coins and made out that he was using them in the trolleys. It did seem a rather elaborate scam for a few euros.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@trmacc, sorry to hear that happened, but hopefully that was the worse thing/extra expense that happened on your holiday and the rest was a good time.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sadly not quite as KLM lost our skis, but didn't admit to it till we'd waited over an houd. So really late into resort and then mad rush on first morning to hire kit etc, then 2hrs scouring resort on 2nd day after they wrongly said they'd been delivered. Finally arrived end of day three. That said we had an amazing holiday with 14 members of my family all over together for first time in ages so all in all a great trip!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi,
I just flew back to Gatwick from Geneva yesterday (Fri) at 7:10pm. Managed to squeeze in a quick 2 day trip to end my season. I went carry on so can't comment on bag drop etc, but security at 5:30pm was under 10 minutes. There was no queue to get through the passport check on the way to the gate.
For lounges I checked out the Horizon lounge and it was ok for a cold beer and an average sandwich but nothing amazing. There's a new lounge called Crystal Aspire by gate C53. Our easyJet flight was from C55 so pretty convenient but it closed at 6pm so couldn't go in. But from peeking inside, it looks a lot nicer than the horizon lounge so if you're flight is out of the c gates it could be worth a look.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi all
If anyone needs to park regularly near GVA airport, I have a parking space available for long term rental. For more info, send me an e-mail at a.wind@orange.fr

Also for info, the free city ticket is not offered any longer at the airport …
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just thought I’d add to here, British Airways are now only accepting checked bags a max of 2 1/2 hours before departure times, so if you think you’ll get there a bit early then while away a few mis-spent hours in an air-side airport lounge making good use if the facilities, forget it.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Tue 1-11-22 0:10; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@ster, do you know is that just Geneva or are they doing that in Zurich too?

I've got 3 1/2 hours to kill in ZUR next year -- BA moved flight but I can't change hire car return time.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@HilbertSpace,

In April even Easyjet at Gatwick and Alicante was restricting how early you could check in Baggage to 2hrs before departure.

The main reason then was the shortage of airport staff as the Pandemic situation eased. They wanted to reduce the queue lenghts so that passengers who needed to get through all of the airport queues could get through in time for their flights.

The situation may improve as they manage to employ more staff.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@HilbertSpace, sorry, my experience Geneva specific. I asked the check-in staff where you can find this info out, blythely they said the BA website but I can't find it (certainly LHR still seems to allow overnight drop off). I don't recall it being usefully mentioned on the booking or on any/all the confirm/reminder emails that BA send.

Perhaps tweet them, they sometimes reply, your deadline of next year should give them enough time, but may change again by then. Or maybe try the airport itself as could be an airport stipulation and not the airline, who knows?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Re filling-up: I've found that you can fill-up quite a long way out if you top-up completely (not just when the pump first cuts out). Most hire car petrol gauges show full for at least 25 kms after a full top-up. When we approach from the Valais to the NE of GVA on the E62, we'll top-up either at the Bursins/Nyon motorway service station (easiest) or come off at Signy and go to the Co-Op superstore Shell station (about +5 mins each way). The former is at least 25kms out from the airport and the hire car has always still shown as full.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:
Re filling-up: I've found that you can fill-up quite a long way out if you top-up completely (not just when the pump first cuts out). Most hire car petrol gauges show full for at least 25 kms after a full top-up
Good point LaForet. Returning to GVA from Tignes, we usually go via Annecy and fill up at the Carrefour petrol station alongside the lake (24hr automated service). The gauge still shows full on arrival at the airport.
ski holidays
@HilbertSpace, BA have their own check in and tend to open 3hrs before in ZRH as the flights tend to overlap. Also you have not only the airport but the train station and facilities as well as the new Circle retail/restaurant and park space so far better places to spend time than at GVA.
latest report
The desks at Geneva were open for the flight previous to ours when I tried to check-in bags before the 2 1/2 limit but they refused to take the bags and the Zurich airport website for BA & BA-city says

https://www.flughafen-zuerich.ch/en/passengers/fly/flightinformation/airlines/ba-city

Check-in open 2h 30 min before departure
snow conditions
I only came here to mention tuppence for trolleys. Been done already.
ski holidays
Quote:
I only came here to mention tuppence for trolleys. Been done already.
Ah, the old 2p trick...So good they told us twice! Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy