Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Latest travel rules for Italy?

Poster: A snowHead
What is the latest on travel restrictions for Italy? Was due to go to France via Geneva on Sunday… in light of this morning announcement trying to see if any chance of going to ltaly instead…
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/italy/entry-requirements

Email update this morning, re: covid, pcr test within 48 hours of arrival OR antigen test within 24 hours of arrival for 'fully vaccinated' travellers.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm hoping these rules remain as they are.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thank you… hopefully they won’t change the rules for now
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
if its relevant to anyone, our group now has 3 rooms available in Arraba, Italy going spare for the Christmas NY gap...
https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=157545&highlight=
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
What is the score with the green passes for UK teens who have only had one dose? Tested every 48 hours and allowed everywhere with negative results?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Does anyone know if home Lateral Flow Tests (where you take a picture of the test result) are OK for entry into Italy? We are meant to travel on the 26th which means a home test would be a bit easier to sort out!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Hoppity, whether they will be by then I don't know but I have just returned from Italy and used self administered LFT tests from Randox both ways and the certificate I received was enough
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks very much @toyah807. Might try to book a PCR for Christmas Eve in case!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Reallyrubbishskier wrote:
What is the score with the green passes for UK teens who have only had one dose? Tested every 48 hours and allowed everywhere with negative results?

We think so (my eldest is 12 today so falls into this category now). however there is some debate as to whether that gets you Green or Super-Green access to things like restaurants, or enclosed gondola systems.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I have just had an email from Ryan Air stating that from today the following is required:

'UK and Northern Ireland: only with PCR test taken within 48h prior to arrival;'

So this means the Antigen test within 24hrs is no longer acceptable?

Does anyone have any more information or confirmation of this?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Richard_Sideways, from further reading I’ve been doing, it appears to be that you’re ok in the “white” region but inside restaurants and bars only seems to be ok with super green, which the 12 year old would need?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
sledger wrote:
I have just had an email from Ryan Air stating that from today the following is required:

'UK and Northern Ireland: only with PCR test taken within 48h prior to arrival;'

So this means the Antigen test within 24hrs is no longer acceptable?

Does anyone have any more information or confirmation of this?

UK Govt site says PCR within 48 hrs; lateral flow test within 24 hours. As does
https://www.viaggiaresicuri.it/approfondimenti-insights/saluteinviaggio
Both updated to reflect latest (from 16 Dec to 31 Jan) Italian Govt. requirements
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yes you do. We had tests yesterday to meet the 48 hour rule, forked out another £140 for another 4 today to meet the 24 hour rule. All negative fly 7am tomorrow.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@suec, thanks that was my understanding but the Ryanair email has put some doubt into my mind
snow conditions
To be clear 24 applies to antigen, PCR is still 48. Sorry if didn’t make clear. We went antigen as cheaper - that didn’t work out as planned
latest report
@rinky75, yes I understand, thanks for the clarification, have a great time!
snow report
@Reallyrubbishskier, that is correct for white or yellow zoned areas - a small exemption to this is they are allowed to use a restaurant associated with their accomodation, so if you're half-board, a 12-15yo can still use that.
snow report
Having read the ski club site a green pass is not required for a white zone on open chair lifts but is required with a negative test/green pass in gondolas?
ski holidays
Anyone know if Italy will accept NHS e mail proof recovery for uk teens with one jab. Devastated my France ny trip off clinging to hope of going elsewhere

Austria will accept it but Milan easier for flights do not want to do testing out there too risky test to come back easier to manage
latest report
Do children under 12 need any sort of green pass for ski lifts or restaurants ? And if so how to get it?
latest report
For indoor restaurants yes and closed lifts
ski holidays
@JDgoesskiing, thank you. How can they get one?
ski holidays
We're now thinking of flying to Turin on the 26th, instead of the drive through France. I've asked an Italian friend if he's heard any rumours of Italy following Frances lead, but has anyone else heard anything about Italy potentially changing their rules for UK visitors?
snow report
@pinkcharlie28, l was also looking for the same..not found anything so far
ski holidays
We have switched to Italy too after cancelling France yesterday, go out on Sunday! Now trying to get my head round Italy rules!! Think I’m sorted on testing and our children are under 6 so easier for us and we are fully vaccinated and had boosters a while ago - I’m just a bit confused about the super green pass. Uk gov stuff makes it read that the QR code on our NHS covid pass will work as super green pass, is that right or do I need the Italian one too? For France we were all sorted with their covid pass app but I can’t even find an app for Italy??
snow report
@jazza16, we did the same. Booked Sunday to Turin. I am also not sure regarding rules re green pass.. our kids are over 6 but under 12 so for testing just booking 24 hr antigen before going but not sure if they will need a test every 48 hours once there
snow report
jazza16 wrote:
We have switched to Italy too after cancelling France yesterday, go out on Sunday! Now trying to get my head round Italy rules!! Think I’m sorted on testing and our children are under 6 so easier for us and we are fully vaccinated and had boosters a while ago - I’m just a bit confused about the super green pass. Uk gov stuff makes it read that the QR code on our NHS covid pass will work as super green pass, is that right or do I need the Italian one too? For France we were all sorted with their covid pass app but I can’t even find an app for Italy??

Look on your app store for 'GreenPass Italia' and you can import your NHS QR Code to that.
Heading out on Sunday, fingers crossed (not skiing, no snow in Bari!) so will see how smooth it all goes, as we are routing via Milan.
Then its just the rigmarole of testing to come home, get a clear test in UK, then head off again for the first week of the new year to Sweden to see family. snowHead
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Real time update.
Flew Luton to Milan Malpensa this morning with 12 and 15 year old - 1 jab each
Luton easyJet main check that tests within 24 hours (antigen) rest fine.
Plane third full
Milan long queue to first checkpoint. Some paper forms on side that we completed (not sure why) but got to checkpoint and guy waved us through - no passport no qr code nothing
Second queue passport control - checked passport nothing else.
Waiting for bags now but as yet no checks on tests, proof of vaccine etc.
ski holidays
For the Antigen tests 24 hour prior to departure, did you use the tests that you do your self then upload a photo of the result or did you get them done at a walk in/drive through location?
ski holidays
We went to a local medical site £140 for 4. We had so much fun we got two lots as first we’re 48 hours lol
Not sure they will accept photo of home kit seem to be looking for a certificate
snow report
Having read the ski club site a green pass is not required for a white zone on open chair lifts but is required with a negative test/green pass in gondolas?
Which ski club? An Italian one or UK?
snow conditions
@Bella2015, my understanding is that Children UNDER 12 is no pass, Between 12-15 Yes to a green for using lifts, they cannot use gondolas or restaurants other than your own hotel one unless they have Supergreen.
snow report
Richard_Sideways wrote:
@Bella2015, my understanding is that Children UNDER 12 is no pass, Between 12-15 Yes to a green for using lifts, they cannot use gondolas or restaurants other than your own hotel one unless they have Supergreen.

Thats some hotel with its own gondola.
ski holidays
@ster, and thats just the one to get you to your room! Very Happy
snow report
@Richard_Sideways, thank you. Then my kids should be ok. The oldest one is 11
snow conditions

No green pass needed on button lifts or chair lifts without a cover (cuppola) according to SnowHeads favourite Youtuber

He explains all in this video

http://youtube.com/v/PhwnkUuJZ8Y?t=74
latest report
I am planning on using the antigens you do yourself and upload to private company who then send you a certificate to travel? Same as randox ones but different company can’t remember the name. Doing tomorrow afternoon to fly Sunday 6am. I could probably get in clinic ones tomorrow too but extra expense, I am not sure they are needed though as can’t see the private antigens you do at home aren’t acceptable?

Thanks for the app details, I’m usually pretty good at this stuff (I would be crap at my job if not!) but
snow report
jazza16 wrote:
I am planning on using the antigens you do yourself and upload to private company who then send you a certificate to travel? Same as randox ones but different company can’t remember the name. Doing tomorrow afternoon to fly Sunday 6am. I could probably get in clinic ones tomorrow too but extra expense, I am not sure they are needed though as can’t see the private antigens you do at home aren’t acceptable?

Thanks for the app details, I’m usually pretty good at this stuff (I would be crap at my job if not!) but

Brill, could you provide an update once you have travelled please?

These where recommended on another thread: https://vivoclinic.com/shop/product/antigen-tests-for-travel/ at £15 or we can go to a local test centre for £35 each, rather be safe than sorry though...
snow conditions
So, with the rules as they are (realising there is a big chance they'll change soon), if you were to test positive on the pre-departure test, what happens..? Presumably you need to isolate, but; 1. How long for? (just until you test negative again)? and; 2. Where?

I currently have some self catering accommodation booked for a stay in Alta Badia/Venice in mid Jan. I'm guessing a positive test would mean moving to a hotel of some sorts - are there special "quarantine" hotels? Who would I have to inform (if anyone)? Could I technically be fined for moving around looking for a hotel having tested positive? Would I be required to do a PCR test if the pre-departure lateral flow was positive?

Lots of questions - the pre-departure test is a bit of a nightmare! I'm hoping they drop it as Omicron is already running absolutely rampant, but who knows. Wouldn't be too surprised if Italy blocked UK visitors soon and took any decision away from me.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy