Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Resort suggestions in April for beginners

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all! Let me know if this should be posted somewhere else.

I got taken on a ski trip recently and probably got the bug Smile. Really want to go again before the end of the season, perhaps for a week-ish. What are some good resort suggestions for the end of this season (around mid-April) that have good slopes for those who are at the beginning of their ski journey? Departing from London if that's relevant.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to Snowheads, @badbadjokes. snowHead Personally I'd suggest Tignes (specifically Val Claret) where there are some excellent slopes for beginners with good instruction available. It's this last factor which will have the biggest impact on your progress.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You're definitely not the first person to mention Tignes to me, so that one is definitely looking like a strong contender! Also for sure lessons, I can't even imagine how someone would be able to deal with just being thrown straight into a piste! I suppose some people just get it intuitively, I don't. Smile

Any tips for finding good ski schools/instructors there?

Edit: Oh, also, is it too much of a worry that it's the end of the season? I'm not too familiar with the mountains, I'm just worried the pistes could be, I don't know, closed (?) because the conditions worsen as we approach the end of the season?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

is it too much of a worry that it's the end of the season?

Yes, very much so in lots of places - but Tignes is high and has higher skiing with different aspects. And the glacier, of course ("glacier skiing" sounds hairy, but it's not - provided you stay on the marked pistes, and once you get the hang of T-bars.

I can't recommend particular ski schools or instructors but plenty of people here could. Maybe edit your thread title and ask for advice on good instructors in Tignes. You'll need to specify individual or group lessons. You'd probably enjoy a group, if you can find a good one, and instructors will find the best of the snow for you - it's a very big area (joined to Val d'Isere) to try to find your way around on your own.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You won't go wrong with Tignes We'll be out there for the 1st 2 week of April. Theres plenty of easier blues. My 5 year old loves Tignes/VDI she can clock up loads of ski miles crusing the blues in all the different areas
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@badbadjokes,
Tignes info here:-
https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=156661
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Montgenevre - closes April 18th

Easy greens from the top and good snow making . . .alternatively L2A as the wide Blues are at the top / 3400M and the resort closes 24th April
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I will be going to La Plagne, we are 1st timers, I have been told there will still be good conditions as its high up and lots of blue runs.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Another vote for Tignes badbadjokes.

There are free resort-level chairlifts at Tignes Val Claret & Tignes Le Lac (+ a free draglift at Le Lac) that serve blue and green runs. These are decent enough for you to get your ski legs back/to get you warmed up and would save you buying a lift pass for a half day or day.

The chair at Val Claret is a fast one, so good for lapping the blue and green runs that it serves.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hochgurgl.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
badbadjokes wrote:

Edit: Oh, also, is it too much of a worry that it's the end of the season? I'm not too familiar with the mountains, I'm just worried the pistes could be, I don't know, closed (?) because the conditions worsen as we approach the end of the season?

Tignes closes when it does (this season:- 1st May for links to Val D'Isere, 8th May for Tignes itself) due to lack of numbers, not lack of snow.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy