Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Crystal Ski Passes - Carre Neige?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I've trawled the Crystal website but can't find an answer to this question so figured the massive collective brain of Snowheads might contain the answer Smile. Does a Tignes Ski Pass purchased via Crystal include the Carre Neige insurance?

TIA

Paul
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nope.

You need to go the Lift Pass office before taking the first lift and purchase it.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks, haven't bought the Crystal Passes yet so won't bother if I have to queue for the Carre Neige. Think it will work out cheaper as well Smile
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
numbfoot wrote:
Thanks, haven't bought the Crystal Passes yet so won't bother if I have to queue for the Carre Neige. Think it will work out cheaper as well Smile

Only rarely does it make sense to prepay liftpasses. With sterling's recent slight appreciation, I can imagine the TO pricing to be set at the start of the season at a less advantageous rate. Occasionally when the rate has moved the other way has it made sense. Once in Canada, the TO had a discounted lift pass deal that couldn't be bettered in resort, but rarely happens in Europe where prices seem pretty fixed, except for discounts on early purchase of season passes.

The only thing it buys is convenience if the nearest lift pass office is a long trek from your accommodation or there are long queues, but most resort base lifts have a sales office attached these days and if you want to add Carre Neige, hopefully the queue will be short at this end of the season... snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Have travelled several times with Crystal and found that they charge the same price for the lift pass as the resort does ; they make their profit by buying in bulk.
Same with ski hire, charging the same price as the shops...
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@numbfoot, I know some people just rely on EHIC and Carre Neige but may I humbly suggest you buy winter sport insurnace.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@johnE, +1 from me!!! It’s bad enough with insurance, I can’t imagine where I’d be now without it.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@johnE, to be fair he hasn't said he hasn't got winter sport insurance.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
albob wrote:
Have travelled several times with Crystal and found that they charge the same price for the lift pass as the resort does ; they make their profit by buying in bulk.
Same with ski hire, charging the same price as the shops...

They absolutely don't; the pre-booked GBP price is generally a lot higher than the resort EUR price on a card with a decent FX rate, though as said upthread, in years with a big FX move, the fixed GBP price could work out cheaper, so worth monitoring.

Reps used to offer purchasing lift passes on the transfer at the EUR price to anyone who hadn't pre-booked but post-Brexit, transfers generally don't have staff onboard, just at either end.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks all, yes to be clear, we already have Winter Sports Insurance cover, Carre Neige is an addition.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
albob wrote:
Have travelled several times with Crystal and found that they charge the same price for the lift pass as the resort does.

There was one year (a while ago now) where Crystal were very bad value, as they used a poor exchange rate. That year I went from Crystal Ireland - paid in Euros - and it was exactly the same as in resort.

This hasn't been the case more recently.....but it's always worth doing the sum.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I've never seen the point in booking the passes through the TO ahead of travel. This just means that you are tying up your funds with them (typically full ballance at least 6wks B4 travel...).
Dead easy these days - just order on line a couple of days before you go - looking at the Tignes website they have collection machines at half a dozen locations ... https://www.skipass-tignes.com/en/livraison-distributeurs, or be organised ahead and have them mailed to you at home (done this a couple of times OK).
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
JonA wrote:
I've never seen the point in booking the passes through the TO ahead of travel. This just means that you are tying up your funds with them (typically full ballance at least 6wks B4 travel...).
Dead easy these days - just order on line a couple of days before you go - looking at the Tignes website they have collection machines at half a dozen locations ... https://www.skipass-tignes.com/en/livraison-distributeurs, or be organised ahead and have them mailed to you at home (done this a couple of times OK).

Because most years Crystal have had offers, like buy 1 get 1 free (or half price). These offers can be dropped at a moments notice and IIRC often need done at the time of booking.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
If that's the offer then that might be appealing ...
best i've done on discounts for a weeks pass is 5% via an agent in 3Vs
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Many 'buy one, get one free' offers are really just a discount on accommodation dressed up to make it seem more attractive. Any deal that is 'only' available when you book the original holiday is likely to be a variation on this. A true lift pass deal would still be available if you can go back and add it on some weeks or months after the original booking
snow report
ecureuil wrote:
Many 'buy one, get one free' offers are really just a discount on accommodation dressed up to make it seem more attractive. Any deal that is 'only' available when you book the original holiday is likely to be a variation on this. A true lift pass deal would still be available if you can go back and add it on some weeks or months after the original booking

Probably so - but it's still a discount on the overall cost of the Holiday, which you can't otherwise get.

Personally, I don't care how it is dressed up, as long as I make the saving. I've also made savings on a percentage discount on Ski Carriage/Lift Pass and exra spending money within the Hotel itself.....again, I don't really care where the discount really originates.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy