Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Losing all motivation

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
..to give an example from today, I was skiing a steep Ski route in Lech (no.178 above Zug) in poor conditions with a mate who is also an Instructor (and has better technique than me)..I got down OK but didn't feel right so persuaded him (in return for standing him lunch) to do it again with me but go down half way and video me on the steepest bit on his IPhone...we looked at it after I got down unscathed a second time...sure enough I was moving my upper body more than I realized which was making my turns less solid in the steeps (esp with a rucksack)...
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bytw ..I did the same for another mate (also an Instructor on a day off) a few weeks back on the well known steep "Kamikaze" Ski route in Serfaus..(this time I benefitted from lunch) & he benefitted from the video & shared analysis..so if analysis works at that level it will work for you and your OH..
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hopefully in Skikskiski's case there's nothing to it and he's a great guy with a blind spot about lessons. However nothing wrong with encouraging a bit of self-reflection on how one's being treated in a relationship. Of course our posts on here say more about ourselves than they do about the OP. Mine (which boarder2020 quoted a couple of times) says I've been badly treated before and wouldn't want to see it happen to another woman. What does your post say about you, boarder2020?

Get lessons, Skikskiski, you won't regret it.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
My comments reflected the fact that when he had an injury which meant he couldn't ski one year, and was also battling unstable Type 1 diabetes, my husband encouraged me to sign up for an early season week's ski camp with a BASS instructor in Tignes. This was particularly selfless of him as I was already a relatively stronger skier than he was, so it meant the difference became greater.

It also reflects my own wider experience of the value of ski lessons and many years of observation of the behaviour of couples on ski slopes..... wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My wife had a first great year then it went wrong on the second as we took her kids and lots of snow and bad light, found her having a little tear or two. She and a friend went to a dry slope for a two hour lesson once a week for a couple of months before our next trip, they took her back to basics and made a huge difference to her confidence, I even to this day ski behind her to give her confidence though she does most black runs and smaller moguls, next year go earlier when snow is better and pistes are quieter, go to the higher runs as far from the resort as possible they will be quieter and snow better, and have a joint lesson when you arrive, we all can improve and a "proper" instructor will give you confidence that a partner never will.
Dont give up we all go through a stage where we dont progress, men use brute force and ignorance ladies use better technique to get past it, give it a few years and you will be better than him
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Oh my word. THANK YOU everyone for your response!! I didn’t know what to expect, but each and every one of your replies has been beyond helpful!

Since posting I have spent the days skiing what I felt comfortable and convinced the OH to go skiing without me the rest of the day. I think this has really increased his confidence in skiing alone and has removed the pressure from me.

We have also agreed that next ski holiday we will both take lessons separately in the morning, and meet for skiing together in the afternoon, which will be great for both of us. So excited for the next one!

I just want to touch on the fact the some have commented on my OHs attitude, and I completely understand the interpretation. But I just want to clear up that he has been fantastically supportive, and has got me to this point with undeniable patience. Skiing has been an unusual experience… these sort of things I usually pick up really quickly and wouldn’t bother with things like lessons, so this has been a new for us both. We just needed to figure out the next step and thanks to you all we now have!

This is a fantastic place and just a massive thanks again for all your supportive and helpful replies! Very Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Skikskiski, Very Happy What a delightful result! Good luck on your journey to becoming a good skier.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

What does your post say about you, boarder2020?

Perhaps I don't assume the worst, from what was a fairly neutral - perhaps even positive description of her partner. Look I've seen plenty of cases of men being complete d**ks to their partners, to the point where I think most couples would be better off not skiing together full stop, but this just wasn't it!

If a woman had said "my husband wants to go off with a guide for the day and I don't feel confident left to ski on my own" some of you would have been quick to bash the partner - perhaps rightly so. Yet when a guy doesn't want to ski alone your first thought is he's controlling. Not that perhaps he also lacks confidence or that he actually wants to spend time with his partner on their holiday.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
A great result, Skikskiski!

And boarder2020 I don't think anyone assumed the worst or was bashing the partner nor would anyone be likely to bash someone who lacked confidence to ski alone. It was about asking a couple of questions to get more information - Skiskiski wasn't offended so perhaps no reason for you to be, either!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Skikskiski, fantastic! Enjoy it and have fun! snowHead
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:

PS the learn from a partner concept is usually avoided by most even sometimes when the partner is an accredited instructor.

This. I'm a level 3 race coach and have competed at international level in speedski. Took my girlfriend without much skiing experience on a skiing holiday and booked her in for lessons in the mornings. I could do some hard charging in the morning and then we skied together after lunch. That worked way better than me trying to teach her.

M
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy