Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to head to in France next week?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all

Driving over to France on Sat in proper last minute fashion. Have accommodation in Chamonix the following week, but nothing booked for this coming week.

Was thinking about Grand Massif as I've never been. Is that as good a shout any anywhere else nearby? Been to Morzine/Avoriaz loads so feel I've done that.

Anyone there currently can advise on the conditions? Any top tips as to which resort to head for? I hear Flaine is car free, which sounds both great and a ballache.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No Intel on current conditions, Flaine yes car free but easy to use. Has vehicle access to drop off luggage etc and very easy week parking literally just outside the principal village areas, shouldn't be considered a barrier in what you want.

Outlying villages, Morillon 1100 Les Esserts, small but right on the snow and great for such a compact direct access place to stay. Easy to reach all GM from there.
Les Carroz, more of a sizeable village if that's what you aim for, usually involves short travel to and from lift for most accommodation, but not bad.

If you want GM generally, they all have different character but not huge downside to stay anywhere, but Samoens is the one most distant from lift.

Well worth your consideration and a short hop to chamonix when you go there.

Welcome to the forum.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
To add, Terraces D'EOS appartments are just on the approach road into Flaine village, great accommodation, parking all in basement, superb outside pool on terrace, direct access to piste (return via small lift spur for this area) with many routes to booking.

Look on owner website for availability as there may be some voids at this late stage that you could get decent price on.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Welcome to SH @yocky ...

Yes, Grand Massif is a good shout. The Hotel Totem in Flaine is very reasonably priced and has a great bar.

Alternatively, why restrict yourself to France? Given that you have a car I'd have a look at Aosta ... you can base yourself there (lovely town) and then drive to Pila, Courmayeur, the Monterosa resorts as you please? It's then a short hope back to Chamonix via the MB tunnel.

Verbier might also be an alternative - you might be able to park and stay in La Chable (or any of the other peripheral villages to avoid paying an absolute fortune to stay in Verbier itself) and then take the bubble up and down each day.

Enjoy.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Have you seen this..? https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=159605
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks very much ski3, sounds like a goer.

What exactly do you mean by the "owner website" for Terraces D'EOS"? Initial search didn't get me anywhere that looked promising. Having said that it looks great but I'm really looking for a self catering set up.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Legend. wrote:
Have you seen this..? https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=159605

Interesting!

Could go and end it all at La Grave whilst I'm down there as well.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
franga wrote:

Alternatively, why restrict yourself to France? Given that you have a car I'd have a look at Aosta ... you can base yourself there (lovely town) and then drive to Pila, Courmayeur, the Monterosa resorts as you please? It's then a short hope back to Chamonix via the MB tunnel.

Verbier might also be an alternative - you might be able to park and stay in La Chable (or any of the other peripheral villages to avoid paying an absolute fortune to stay in Verbier itself) and then take the bubble up and down each day.

Enjoy.

Food for thought. Although I've instinctively always ruled Switzerland out as just comically expensive.

I was mainly focusing on France as I'm planning to do a whole season next year in France and this a recce opportunity as to where to head to.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
yocky wrote:
Thanks very much ski3, sounds like a goer.

What exactly do you mean by the "owner website" for Terraces D'EOS"? Initial search didn't get me anywhere that looked promising. Having said that it looks great but I'm really looking for a self catering set up.

Just looking through owners direct type property rental sites and specify that accommodation in search. Quite a few are private ownership and part contracted to bigger operators doing rental, but they do come up in their direct rental on which you can negotiate straight with the owner.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@yocky, For Flaine, if you're happy with a basic S/C studio, contact immorenand.com - they have apartment availability from about 370 euros. I've dealt with the Renand agency many times and will be there next week. Warming up a bit at present but plenty of snow (in Flaine at least). The GM is a good area imv.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
You could take my week in Valmeinier - there’s a recent post on here about it if you’re interested. Spring snow conditions but we’re skiing to the bitter end each day with no issues.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@yocky, I'm off to Val Thorens on Saturday. I expect there to be lots of snow Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Conditions currently average to poor in Morzine / Avoriaz - Sahara Sand on Mon/Tues has made it even worse with 'sticky' slush rather than nice normal slush - go higher
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Tignes. Do a bit of extra driving to get the altitude.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy