Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jetforce airbag deployment

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I’ve got a pieps jetforce tour pro 34. Ive used it for a couple of years.

Got it out this year after not using it last year to test it and it just won’t trigger. The fan starts when you arm the system and the mechanism seems to work as it should but when you actually pull the trigger the fan doesn’t start and the airbag doesn’t inflate.

To me it seems that it must be a connection within the shoulder strap between the electrical side for the fan and the mechanical side of the pull wire but I can’t see as it obviously all sewn in.

Has anyone experienced this? Any idea of solution?

It’s out of warranty now, but don’t really fancy purchasing another bag just yet.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I assume that you have triggered it before and know how hard to pull the release handle?

Since you turn on the bag with the button in the centre of the release handle, it suggests the electrical connection is good from the handle to the fan unit. I had an occasion when the bag got confused when shutting down, so maybe it’s worth while going through a couple of startup/shutdown cycles, then trying to trigger it. After that it worked fine.

Have you had the firmware update? It suggests that Jetforce packs can now be updated via Bluetooth and an App. I don’t have mine anymore so can’t test it.

https://www.pieps.com/en/content/jetforce-update

As per your own thinking, unless it triggers first time every time it’s a pointless thing.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
For anyone who may have the same issue in the future.

Finally found the issue to it not triggering.
The actual handle slides when you pull it. Which after a while it had become stuck.

A little bit of lube and we are all good to go again.

I didn't even know this is how it worked and had the whole bag apart before finally getting an accidental trigger and deducing what it was.

ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Good find. I have to say I never noticed that the handle slid like that.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy