Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Aussies in France.

Poster: A snowHead
@j b,
I love Aussie reds but I find the ‘budget’ (house) French reds are a lot nicer than the budget Aussie reds. My wife’s aunt who lives in the US actually chooses to drink that Yellowtail rubbish that we export. Do you get that tripe in the UK? If so please don’t use that as an indication of Australian wine quality.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@sbooker, yes we do..and I don't touch it
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Oh. And Ben’s Bus is fu$*ed.
A full bus that took 5 hours from Tignes to Geneva (busy roads - not their fault). Zero, zilch, nil ventilation. “It’s against the policy” to run air conditioning before April. It was fu(ki@g stifling. Extremely hot. Everyone was sweating buckets. As Covid unsafe as you could imagine.
The only bad point about the holiday.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@sbooker, I am afraid that is the problem with Tignes, and the Tarentaise generally. Poor links to any airport, particularly on Saturday when the roads are clogged with the French (and no doubt some Snowheads from the UK too) using cars.

We have been very fortunate to have been able to buy a small place of our own in the Alps (inheritance after my mother died) but chose the location in part for easy transport from Geneva.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@j b, yes the traffic at weekends is a nightmare. The train from bourg st Maurice avoids the roads.
If you think it's bad now think back to before the albertville Olympics and the dual carriageway from albertville to moutiers.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@johnE,
Yes. The train to the valley was a pleasure. No more buses or transfers for us in the future.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@sbooker having been to Tignes and Les Arcs I am with you in the Les Arcs camp. I feel Les Arcs is much better to get around. In Tignes there are a lot of duff runs and lifts which just serve to link the area. Also if you are using the train having Bourg St Maurice so close (you can even get a funicular straight into Les Arcs from the station) is brilliant.

Enjoyed reading your reports and hope the flights go smoothly.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

I love Aussie reds but I find the ‘budget’ (house) French reds are a lot nicer than the budget Aussie reds. My wife’s aunt who lives in the US actually chooses to drink that Yellowtail rubbish that we export. Do you get that tripe in the UK? If so please don’t use that as an indication of Australian wine quality.

Having first thought this was a comparison of red pistes. I now understand. Yes we get Yellowtail in the UK. No I don't drink it.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
^^^^
Lol. We don’t have reds. Green, blue and black - same as North America.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
turboblackbeard wrote:
In Tignes there are a lot of duff runs and lifts which just serve to link the area.

Really? Which ones?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Kenzie we were staying at Tignes 1800. Getting to Tignes 2100 was not great and we tended to take the bus each morning. Then from Val Claret back to Tignes 2100 was a pain in the back bottom unless your group is happy going down the Trolles black.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:
Getting to Tignes 2100 was not great and we tended to take the bus each morning. Then from Val Claret back to Tignes 2100 was a pain in the back bottom unless your group is happy going down the Trolles black.
Which doesn't explain the issue of:
Quote:
a lot of duff runs and lifts which just serve to link the area.
Like Kenzie, I'm puzzled as to where these pointless lifts and duff runs might be. Certainly nothing duff about the Trolles piste wink
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Sorry to offend. I appear to have started a debate in someone elses thread. Sorry.

I meant that if you cant ski Trolles (which is a black) then you are forced to go a very tiresome route to get from Tignes 2100 to Tignes 1800 you have to use three chairifts and end up funnelled on some very busy and cut up blues which is not great and takes a while.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
sbooker wrote:
A full bus that took 5 hours from Tignes to Geneva (busy roads - not their fault). Zero, zilch, nil ventilation. “It’s against the policy” to run air conditioning before April. It was fu(ki@g stifling. Extremely hot. Everyone was sweating buckets. As Covid unsafe as you could imagine.

Thats pretty bad. No window to open? I'm sure if you started stripping off they would have turned on the aircon.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I am imagining that scene when Ace Ventura gets stuck in the rhino!

http://youtube.com/v/BF16eA7sdqo
snow report
turboblackbeard wrote:
@Kenzie we were staying at Tignes 1800. Getting to Tignes 2100 was not great and we tended to take the bus each morning. Then from Val Claret back to Tignes 2100 was a pain in the back bottom unless your group is happy going down the Trolles black.

I found the lift infrastructure and lift layout and general pistes/terrain fantastic at Tignes/Val. In fact if I were to travel half way around the world to ski in March or April I’d likely go straight back. That is after skiing other renounced spring areas (Mammoth, Snowbird, Banff, Whistler, Aspen etc) in those same time frames. The sheer amount of terrain above 2000m is hard to beat.
It’s just that I will be going for 3 or 4 weeks in January and I fear snow days could be difficult for a non local at Tignes where as Les Arcs would likely be easier.
latest report
ster wrote:
sbooker wrote:

Thats pretty bad. No window to open? I'm sure if you started stripping off they would have turned on the aircon.

Absolutely no way to get any fresh air. The roof vents were not even operable.
There was a lot of disrobing! Seriously.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy