Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Schlick 2000/ Fulpmes TR

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Two person trip for two nights and two days from Bristol last weekend.

I had previously written an extensive review but lost it in posting so you’ve been spared that! Here are the basics:

Schlick 2000 is a small ski area at the top of Fulpmes, a village in the Stubai valley just 25 minutes from Innsbruck Airport by taxi (Suntransfers 76euro return)/ hire car (large car park and good bus connections).

It actually feels larger than the 23 kms it claims to have and we found it plenty for two days. The mixture of runs were great and at over 2200 m the snow stayed great throughout the day despite wonderful blue skies and sun shine.

The area is fed by 3 main lifts but we never encountered queues of more than 5 rows.
There is genuinely something for everyone; a great beginners area at the middle station and even better progression run on blue 1, which is a wide cruiser motorway with humps and half pipes one side and tree skiiing the other. Loads of steep reds and cruisey blues for intermediates and some fast black and decent bit of off pistes for experts.

Add in a boarder park, speed gun and plenty of restaurants and it’s a (small but) complete package.
It should go without saying that the scenery is stunning and we were actually very taken by the village, which doesn’t seem to get much praise on forums. We stayed at Hotel Donnerhof near the centre for £305/ 2 nights HB, which we felt go value with a bus stop straight outside- you can access the glacier from the village by bus as well (30 mins).

Any questions about the area feel feel to ask
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I thought it was a great little area with good variety.
Though it did get a bit tiresome returning to ride up the same chair every time - unless using a couple of drags near the top.
(I was there this time of year a decade ago).
Got a bit busy at least one day the glacier was closed.

Also, from Fulpmes, quite a long drag on the bus (it’s a service bus rather than coach like going up to Hintertux) up to Stubai
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Marksky, good to hear your experience. We were only there 2 days so had a limited view of the place.
I found the lifts and variety ok, as you could use the fast heated seat lift for top runs, with various different alternatives for each run, then the longer chair from the bottom of the ‘motorway’ section of blue 1 or the gondola from the middle station or bottom ( although I admit that the valley run needs to be done earlier in the day for pleasure, as it’s a bit of a cat track, which gets cut up).
There’s also the short chair up to the top of the gondola station which services the small but enjoyable black and red runs which were always very quiet for us, and a ski route through the trees which looked ace given good conditions.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
As I might have suspected, sounds like new chairs since 2011. You can easily see all of it in a day (unless it’s significantly expanded). But, a nice compact area with good variety.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yes I thought the fast 8 man lift must have come in since you were there. I would have thought that makes a big difference with fewer people having to ski down blue 1.
It’s certainly not an area for people who want to ski all day and not repeat runs. And I’m a bit like that myself. But I actually enjoyed repeating runs and find different alternatives off the sides etc.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy