Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help!! Transfer Geneva to VT

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am travelling to GVA to VT 16-23rd April (4 people) and have left it too late to get on shared bus transfer. Bensbus and Alpybus are full!
Really don’t want to shell out for private transfer (although price is similar for 8 as it is for 4, so we could try and team up with another family?) so am thinking we will have to hire a car.
Have never driven anything but my own car abroad so find the prospect a bit scary. Has anyone done this journey? Is it manageable and straightforward? I could kick myself because I’ve had the flights booked for months and have just left the transfer thinking availability would be ok!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes, very simple - the car hire place is in the airport, and the drive itself very straightforward - google maps will show you a couple of routes to Moutiers, and then up the hill. I’ve parked in the hotels parking in the past, there are also public garages - guessing about £70-£100 for the week?

Go to something like rentalcars.com (looks like you’ll be paying 350-450 depending on size you want).
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Did you hire from the French or Swiss side of the airport? I am just discovering that this is a thing!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
NBrenn74 wrote:
Did you hire from the French or Swiss side of the airport? I am just discovering that this is a thing!

Swiss is cheaper at the moment than France I think (type GGV into the rentalcars.com to see the prices there) - and depending on your flight times they are open later. Pros and cons of getting to either (three minute on a free bus on the Swiss side, a labarynthine walk through the airport for French). I prefer Swiss if the price is right, as has advantage of Winter tyres, but also the vignette so you can take the much simpler Swiss motorway route around Geneva (I always end up getting lost from the French side - but don’t dare to blame my navigator ….)

I’ve never had a problem driving manual with the stick on the wrong side, but these days I take it easy and hire automatics.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy