Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Glenshee rip off

Poster: A snowHead
thecramps wrote:
@Orange200, I think someone opened the gate Madeye-Smiley

http://youtube.com/v/v1ro1aftcgM

On the contrary. I know when I've been a dick and when to hold my hand up.

Unlike most on here.

Anyway, can we get back on topic I want to see the outcome of all this.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
How long until @JohnU, starts yet another thread on this topic? First one he started did not go the way he wanted, so he started a second one on exactly the same topic which also does not seem to have gone well for him. Hopefully that is the end of the matter, as he does seem to have stopped digging a bigger hole for himself and has no response to any of the challenges I raised.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Whitegoldsbrother, Am I missing something? A post count of 16 yet you have held your hand up to being a dick already? Or did you change username or something? We can all get it wrong, and I certainly do sometimes, but to have done so within the first 16 posts seems unusual!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@zikomo, doesn't take a genius to work out that it's a 2nd/3rd/86th account for someone. I mean, their username is even a reference to another user.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
anyone else distinctly upset by the lack of JUICINESS?! What a boring email by a dull moaning chopper.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
JailBaitMcFlude wrote:
@zikomo, doesn't take a genius to work out that it's a 2nd/3rd/86th account for someone. I mean, their username is even a reference to another user.

Ummmm yes I know, I was poking fun. It seems quite an odd thing to do to change your username in this way, maybe explained by the constant need to admit you are being a bit of a dick.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Should I have waited to have more posts to be a dick or should I have waited to have more posts to apologise?

My apologies/apolugies for apologising sir
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
JohnU wrote:
Dave of marmottes….I particularly remember how offensive you usually were a few years ago when i had an interest in blades.You are still at it… with 34000 posts…do you think you are normal?

I hope I'm not normal. I gave you legit advice when you came to us with your blade addiction problem. It isn't my fault you're a grown man who, if we're to believe you, is a veteran mountain man but remains sore afrit of proper length skis. Extrapolating to your Glenshee moan all your whinge seems to have achieved is a vibe that you're a bit of a Walt who can't handle some typically robust highland weather and a highlighting of what good value Glenshee is (£21 per day is a bit of a bargain) and a respect for the staff who seem determined not to fanny aboot with indulging nonsense.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

OK boomer isn't anything to do with brexit voting

Well no, not objectively, but if you read the Brexit threads you'll see what I mean.....

these silly labels are all equally daft. Personally, I understand who baby boomers are, being one myself. It's a demographic, not a moral or lifestyle category, as far as I'm concerned. I couldn't tell you what millenials are, or Generation Z, or what anybody has on their toast. Nor do I care.

But using any of these demographic expressions as a term of abuse is mindless and lazy. I find "retard" used as an abusive noun, even more reprehensible.

And I have home made marmalade on mine....
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
"OK Boomer" is just a meme - my perception is it is generally used when a Boomer is lecturing or complaining from a position of relative privilege or outdated prejudice/ignorance. In someways it's heartening that younger folk aren't buying into the "and better" bit of elders. I'm sure it will be soon be superceded by "Whatever Xer!" or somesuch as the number of boomers to use it on literally fade away.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@thecramps, as one dog owner amongst many in this suburbia - love it!

Current riposte to OK boomer appears to be OK zoomer. Interpret that how you will.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Tbh, I don't really care what people call me, sticks and stones an' all that. When someone on here dubbed me a second-rate, high street conveyancer, it just made me giggle.

But of course there are degrees of insult. I don't mind a bit of ageism coming my way, racism is a different matter.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
kat.ryb wrote:
Quote:

ommensurate with being a well off, selfish, Brexit voter with an over-developed sense of entitlement

OK boomer isn't anything to do with brexit voting.

'OK boomer' is directed as a form of dismissal to the baby boomer generation who intersect the venn diagram of 1) benefited from increased living standards in their generation 2) huge equity gains on their property and final salary / gold plated pension schemes AND 3) who are dismissive of Gen Z and their financial struggles of stagnating wages and huge house price growth. The kind of people who talk about millennials / gen Z eating too much avo on toast.
Wow, that incorporates a fair number of generalisations and prejudices! Shocked
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Hurtle, Hope your ancestry isn't causing you any problems in the current climate. I wouldn't put it beyond the ignorant to be kneejerk about things.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
@Hurtle, Hope your ancestry isn't causing you any problems in the current climate. I wouldn't put it beyond the ignorant to be kneejerk about things.
no, apart from a degree of conflict in my own head. I wish my parents were still alive to talk through it all. I guess that they wouldn't have been a bit surprised by the invasion, or indeed the inexorable rise of Putin, but I think they might have been surprised and disappointed by the UK's treatment of refugees, so much more brutal than the treatment which I believe they received themselves. Sad
ski holidays
Well interesting perspectives on insult and ageism!
snow report
This conflict creates a good many dilemmas. I was still in bed this morning, listening to the news, including the Ukrainian kids in need of critical care for cancer who were flown to the UK. I found myself both glad that that was the case, and thinking that if I had a child of my own on a waiting list for cancer treatment, I might be resentful. Still - dilemmas are good for us. It's often too easy for us to feel sure about our views, when far from the front line of actually having to make choices which affect us personally.
snow conditions
Boomers used to be a celebratory term of the after war babies that could taste peace and prosperity ( well atleast until the govs threw it all away) Its only recently become yet another term that the globalists saw as to hopeful and gainful to the British, so switched it all on its head knowhadda mean Karen, Kevin.
It’s not used in any tasteful circles of the more disconcerting type but can be used as a good benchmark of a persons general influence of the time lived.
I found out the other day that this generation is referring to itself as generation Alpha and my mind flashed to Harry Styles in a full length fur and clutching a handbag. God help us as the Queens staying stum.
ski holidays
@oneglove, goodness not heard that….gen alpha…hardly. Quite the wrong vibe for us who benefitted so much from being born in the period we were, yet collectively have presided over a period of massive environmental degradation and rising inequalities. Gloomy…yes. Alpha…no. I’ve been concerned about the environment since my teens - actually effective in getting policy in place to fix it…not really.
snow report
All gone a bit quiet has the princely sum been refunded? Did the CEO respond? Where is the OP?
ski holidays
Quote:

Where is the OP?

Not a question which has been keeping me awake nights
snow conditions
@pam w, Laughing
latest report
Glenshee were so traumatised by the email from the OP, they’ve closed for the season!
latest report
Whitegoldsbrother wrote:
All gone a bit quiet has the princely sum been refunded? Did the CEO respond? Where is the OP?

Probably gone off serial waxing his blades Laughing
snow report
Still waiting for half term refunds. theyve failed me 3 repayment dates now..Are they going bust,? has anyone had half term refunds yet? is there an actual person to SPEAK too? emails for 2 wees now ignored.. looks like the scottish cxxourts to recover money ffs
latest report
I had a refund the other day for early March
ski holidays
Why is a 71 year old man behaving like a 13 year old on the internet?
ski holidays
I thought old men on the internet did that all the time?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
“Once a man, twice a child”
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy