Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Girls weekend - short transfer and spa/activities for non skiers

Poster: A snowHead
Hello! Can you help?
Looking for a long weekend ski trip at end of March. Could fly anywhere. Short and easy transfer that doesn’t involve car hire. One of my friends is not going to ski as she has a knee injury but wants time to chill in the mountains whilst we ski, so would need a resort with things to do. She’s a burnt out doctor who desperately needs a break from work/life/kids.
I was thinking Chamonix as it ticks a lot of boxes and has the fab QC terme spa.
Any recommendations?
Thanks in advance
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes, Chamonix probably a good idea, provided the skiers are aware of what it offers. Certainly a good place for a non-skier. And given the variety and depth of accommodation in Chamonix, you'd probably find something - non-standard lengths of time aren't always easy in France. Pity you don't want car hire, as a car is useful in Chamonix, especially for your non-skiing friend, if her knee injury doesn't prevent her driving. Driving from Geneva airport to Chamonix is a morceau de gateaux. She could drive you back and forth to a variety of lifts. wink
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I think we will be arriving at different times from diff uk airports so need to meet in resort- hence no car.
I’m ok with Chamonix - did a week there a few years ago and didn’t mind the bus thing. Wondered if any where else I haven’t thought of ? Any other resorts nice spa and places to hang out for non Skiers
Thanks for reply. No idea how I posted this twice
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
St Anton has a pretty nice wellness and direct trains from INN and ZRH.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
How about here? Very short transfer from Salzburg and special offers on "Ladies Week" https://www.skiamade.com/en/Accommodation/Special-Weeks/Ladies-Week
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Austria usually has lots of packages aimed at girls week/weekend. It is worth looking there as Public transport is decent so non skier will be able to get around easily.
Maybe look at Zell am See or Kitzbuhel?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Arosa
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
At which airports will you all arrive? That would narrow down the vast choice....
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for replies!
Haven’t booked flights yet so could fly anywhere
I was assuming that doing all DIY would be cheaper but maybe need to look at packages.
Like the sound of St Anton. Never skied in Austria
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
How about an Innsbruck city break, be loads going on and you can get straight out of the city to plenty of local ski areas.....
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
If she's 'burnt out', maybe she needs a career change, not half a holiday? Just saying.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Probably. We’re all doctors and it’s been bloody exhausting
If everyone leaves there will be no one left in the NHS…
She will have other holidays but my point was I want it to be nice for her as well as the ski fiends
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Snowysarah wrote:
Probably. We’re all doctors and it’s been bloody exhausting
If everyone leaves there will be no one left in the NHS…
She will have other holidays but my point was I want it to be nice for her as well as the ski fiends

Yeah, I get it. My Wife is in a similar position. One of her ski gang split her patella and is now considering non skiing ski holidays to not miss out completely. Maybe look at Verbier? Plenty to do in town and in the evenings. Geneva to Verbier is an easy transfer. Very doable and pleasant by train. The route goes around the shores of Lake Geneva. Madeye-Smiley

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Mon 28-02-22 14:13; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'd be thinking Austria or Switzerland flying into a major, decent airport with good public transport, eg Zurich or even Munich. Loads of shops, restaurant to relax in on the way back.
I'd tend to avoid Innsbruck, it can get rammed with people, sitting on the floor is probably not the way to end a Spa type weekend.
Resorts / hotels, you'll have a good choice, just depends on how big a spend you're up for.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
St gervais les bains as the name says just over an hour from Geneva lots of easy skiing and a thermal spa !
latest report
brock wrote:
St gervais les bains as the name says just over an hour from Geneva lots of easy skiing and a thermal spa !

Thank you! We are going at gervais. Any recommendations of stuff to do/ nice runs etc? Have you been to the spa?
snow conditions
No specific recommendations (I've only visited StG in summer) but feel the mountains are absolutely gorgeous to visit, skiing or not.

Often say to non skiing friends that I'd still go even if I couldn't ski, such a relaxing detachment from low altitude uk living. Hope you all have a great time from such work pressures.
ski holidays
@Snowysarah, I'd work out how to get down to the spa somewhat in advance. St Gervais the ski station is above (and a good few minutes drive) from St Gervais the thermal spa.
snow conditions
@under a new name, currently in St G. The free ski buses include one which shuttles hourly between the Bettex lift and Le Fayet - including a stop right outside the Thermal Baths.

And there is the new hotel just opened, which includes what hotels call a spa. Don't know anything else much about the place, it looks quite nice, and we are planning a research visit this evening to check whether they serve decent beer.

Only problem is that the pistes desperately need a weather change bringing fresh snow and some slightly lower temperatures.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy