Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BA how long to verify documents

Poster: A snowHead
Flying to Munich Sunday morning on line checking tomorrow
I uploaded my Covid docs yesterday morning on the BA website but still haven’t been verified yet

How long do they normally take

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
maybe ask at flyertalk? That is a flying forum, while this is a ski forum snowHead
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mine never were as the website was useless. Just waved them in front of the check-in clerk. This was T5 in January.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I uploaded my documents a couple of days ago, but never got the promised email confirming verification. I nevertheless checked in this morning, and in the process, a message was flagged up confirming that my documents were in order. So my advice is to try and check in and, if that fails, take hard copies of everything (you should do that anyway) and check in at the airport.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mr.Egg wrote:
maybe ask at flyertalk? That is a flying forum, while this is a ski forum snowHead
Don't be ridiculous (and unhelpful).
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Mine took 2.5 hours yesterday, gmail sorted the notification into the Promotions folder though, so if you're waiting for the email maybe stuck in a filter somewhere...

Also I only got notified that I needed to upload the covid docs 48hrs before my flight, so it might be that they process them based on flight time
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I had a reminder yesterday evening for my check in Saturday morning.

I uploaded my docs at about 9.30 this morning and got confirmation before online booking opened at 10.20.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've looked all over for the email, it doesn't seem to be anywhere. I wonder what I did to offend them? Laughing
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mine took 90 minutes yesterday, but other posts would suggest that this is a freak example
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Admittedly a few weeks ago now (late Jan and then flying back early Feb) it took a matter of minutes. We found out by logging back in and it said verified.

Flying again next Saturday and assuming it will be similar.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
MorningGory wrote:
Mine never were as the website was useless. Just waved them in front of the check-in clerk. This was T5 in January.

Did you manage to check-in online ??? As it says you cant without them being verified
Im also flying from T5
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@wasley,
Quote:

it says you cant without them being verified

You can, so long as you provide the correct documentation to staff at the desk. Even BA told me that on the phone.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hurtle wrote:
I've looked all over for the email, it doesn't seem to be anywhere. I wonder what I did to offend them? Laughing

Wonder if you will be getting a SSSS stamped on your boarding pass
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mine took just minutes every time
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Verify. Personally I have found it a total waste of time. Easier just to check in at the desk.
latest report
@wasley, I've had it within hours or it's been overnight, go into manage my booking to check if its been verified.

You can't check in online without the documents being verified, you can check in at the desk if you have all your documents printed out, which is a must even if you have been verified, I was verified by the agent had a problem checking me in I showed him the paper copies and he was happy.
snow conditions
radar wrote:
@wasley, I've had it within hours or it's been overnight, go into manage my booking to check if its been verified.

You can't check in online without the documents being verified, you can check in at the desk if you have all your documents printed out, which is a must even if you have been verified, I was verified by the agent had a problem checking me in I showed him the paper copies and he was happy.

Ive checked a few times on the BA site and still not verified , ill just have to use the desk Sunday

Im hoping the the only document they need is our proof of Vaccination , Im sure they've stopped the German/Austrian passenger locator form
snow report
wasley wrote:
MorningGory wrote:

Did you manage to check-in online ??? As it says you cant without them being verified
Im also flying from T5

In late Jan, my uploaded docs failed verification but - to my surprise - I was able to check-in online. I used my boarding card to drop my bag at T5 and then flew to Venice with my boarding card & passport apparently the only docs of interest to officialdom.
latest report
@Red Leon, same as me. Bonkers really.
snow report
@wasley, Austrian form is definitely not required, can you try and upload the forms again or give BA a call, they haven't been too bad recently at answering
snow conditions
radar wrote:
@wasley, Austrian form is definitely not required, can you try and upload the forms again or give BA a call, they haven't been too bad recently at answering

They've just respond on FB messenger , they need a few details ... see what they come back with
snow report
E-mail just arrived , all approved Cool
ski holidays
@wasley, interesting that you got a substantive response from BA on Messenger. When I phoned them, twice, they said it was nothing to do with them and that I would have to contact the airport - and then gave me a number which had nothing but recorded information on it. rolling eyes
latest report
Did mine via the verifly app yesterday ready for saturdays flight. No issues so far!
ski holidays
I have heard so much negative stuff about Verifly that I just went with hard copy as it informs you you can on the B A website. No issue at check-in desk on 2nd March. Barely perused my paperwork for the U.S. I was randomly picked as a ‘Selectee’ which took about 5 mins just prior to boarding the plane and was no bother at all.
snow conditions
I worked out that a lot of my "issues" with the travel verification is that the apps (for BA and Eurotunnel) allow me to select who is travelling from the previous API forms.
I realised that my wife (Sue) causes issues with her Covid QR codes (in the name of Susanna). They obviously never checked before that passport names matched traveller names?
deleting "Sue" from the booking and replacing her with "Susanna" allowed the verification to be confirmed immediately.
ski holidays
@Cinsha, I found the verify slightly frustrating but no real issue. Useful for the flight back though as enabled us to avoid a very long check in queue
latest report
JailBaitMcFlude wrote:
@Cinsha, I found the verify slightly frustrating but no real issue. Useful for the flight back though as enabled us to avoid a very long check in queue

Is that cuz you could self check in Snoods?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Verifly is route dependant, Austria isn’t included.

Uploaded our covid passes last night one was confirmed within the hour the other took a bit longer.

VeriFLY supports all international flights into the United Kingdom,

..except flights from Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Denmark, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Italy, Luxembourg, Maldives, Malta, Netherlands, Nigeria, Pakistan, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Turkey.

https://support.myverifly.com/hc/en-us/articles/4403310368274-British-Airways
snow conditions
@Cinsha, exactly. Had managed to get documents verified and checked in online. At the airport pretty much the whole flight had to run through the queues (the business class line was just as long as the cattle class), we just waltzed straight up to the lady at the bag drop desk and sailed through.

Were doubly keen to get checked in online because the folks' previous flight back had been oversubscribed and by the time they checked in they were actually on standby, only found out at the gate that there was space on the plane for them.
ski holidays
TomBH wrote:
Admittedly a few weeks ago now (late Jan and then flying back early Feb) it took a matter of minutes. We found out by logging back in and it said verified.

Flying again next Saturday and assuming it will be similar.

Just gone through the process again for tomorrow's flight. Took maybe 15 minutes.
latest report
Always checkin online whenever possible , reduces the chance of being in the overbooked category Very Happy
ski holidays
We return yesterday via Munich

I couldn't sleep and uploaded mine 4am and verified in a few minutes , the other 2 in our group done them later that afternoon a day before we were due to fly. They both only got the e-mail from BA as we were on-route to the Airport,one Verified and the other failed requiring the docs resending .
We just checked in at the desk when we arrived , luckily there was only 2 people in front of us.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy