Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Thuile Mountain Huts

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, I'm off to La Thuile soon - any thoughts on the best Mountain Huts? Conversely, the ones not to visit (I suspect there aren't any in this camp). I tend to stay away from ones at the top of the major lift and go for the ones tucked away in the remotest corner of the map Smile

Cheers
Gaz
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Good coffee at the Roxy Bar (over the back). Chalet Cantamont in Les Suches also nice. Instructor took us to Maison Carrel, also quite nice.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Baita Le Foyer is a nice stop, as is Maisson Carrel. TH 2200 (the big self-service resto at the top of the main gondola) is one to avoid.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We like it here https://www.loriondet.it/en/ - amazing hot chocolate and a lovely fire.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@trmacc, good call. It's in a great position.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@dobby, yes it is great, off the beaten track a bit. Really good pasta dishes too.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
2nd the LoRiondet - food is fab.
Bar du Lac (by the bottom of the Piccolo San Barnardo lift) does nice hot choco & coffee
Offshore Bar (out on a limb & a wierdly nautical theme), good beverages, haven't eaten there.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks Guys - I have been but I reckon its about 15 years ago - I do remember the Offshore (different name though), staying till the very end of the day, having a bombardino with the lifties and then ushered down the Red into the village........... just looked at LoRiondet - looks really smart
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Gaz_H, just avoid TH2200 and anything in La Rosiere and you'll be OK Smile
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@dobby, cheers! LaR just expensive or Crap?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
+1 for Roxy, the foods pretty good also, from memory a full pizza was much better than the slices, thin vs thick base. The hut about half way up to the right of the Chaz Dura express lift is good also, coffee upstairs and pizzas, canteen style service food downstairs, Wild Boar sausages were good in 2020. It also has one of the old 2 man gondola cabins on its deck, good for a cheesy photo Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Le petit ski is very nice as you head back down the red into La Thuile although very popular.

La Clotze at the top of the Bosco express lift tucked away serves absolutely wonderful burgers.

La Foyer bar always a good stop off and great position up on the slopes.

Maison Carrell has a lovely setting and views but need to book. Slightly more upmarket and seemed popular with the older , well off Italian crowd.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy