Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Serfaus in April? hotels and driving

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thanks for the push - did you note the despair?! Three children wondering what happened to the much awaited ski trip!

i found B and B accommodation in Serfauss, and I have booked the train too, so just need some overnight accommodation in Landeck near the train station (we will arrive after ten hours of trains so we'll finish the journey the next morning). fingers crossed for Serfauss and Mayrhofen is definitely on my list for next time:-)
)
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@forever beginner, how did it go in Serfaus?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@forever beginner, really keen to find out how you went with April ski trip
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Serfaus will be great for you. It's a wonderful family resort. There are plenty of other activities to do - my sons loved the railed toboggan run. Driving is not an issue and the town is car free (ish) during the day. The underground basically follows the main street.

Skiing, if you don't fancy the runs back to the resort take the gondola back down. Lots do, and as has been mentioned above you can hire a locker in the top station. There are loads of blues and children friendly runs from the top of Komperdell, and you easily ski between areas and Fiss and Ladis.

For accommodation use the tourist office website, and pick an choose your hotel. If your children are picky eaters and vegetarian, self catering may be a better option. Austrian apartments tend to be larger than French although be aware of Austrian twins!

https://www.serfaus-fiss-ladis.at/en/Accommodation-list

Whatever ski resort you go to there will be easy runs, difficult runs and all in-between. There will be different challenges in travelling to the resort, whether by car or train. No resort will be perfect. There are loads of good suggestions above and its up to you to make the best holiday you can.

Put on your brave pants and book Toofy Grin
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
is everyone on agreement 2nd week of April isn't too late for SFL?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Mother hucker, Too late for what?

I normally go 3rd week in March and it's often warm and sunny and spring like. Not surprising, what with it being spring...

Early starts, early finish and late afternoon spent round the pool is the way to go.

2nd week in April you could be downloading into resort, but hey ho, never a bad option in late season
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@red 27, to have maximum enjoyable skiing. Im well versed skiing in April, i ski 2 weeks every year during kids easter holiday. I wouldnt go to Morzine in April to ski but I would most certainly go to Tignes. I wouldn't go to söll but I'd definitely go to Ischgl(where I'll be 1st week of april).
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Mother hucker, It will be very similar to Ischgl (but with a better standard of punter)
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@red 27, I'll have to up my standards for 2nd week, Truth be told I won't be participating in much more than skiing in Ischgl though maybe a germknödel for lunch
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy