Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alcohol ban on Italian slopes??

Poster: A snowHead
Just spoke to a friend who is off to Pila in week or so's time. He mentioned that there is a current drunk skiing ban in Italian resorts and that they had stop serving alcohol on the hill??

Is this true??
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Roscoe, No.

Perhaps in Pila.

Not in Courmayeur or Monterosa.

It has been made more explicit that drunk skiing may well result in awkward conversations. And, as has always been the case, alcohol related accidents will have consequences.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We were in Pila end of Jan (& going out again on Sunday). Absolutely no ban on selling booze on the mountain. I’m guessing it’ll only be an issue if you’re caught being an back bottom on the slopes or have an accident. As a rule, we don’t drink during the day anyway but sat next to plenty in restaurants who were.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Roscoe, Yes there is a law about being drink while skiing. No idea where your friend got the idea that this means no alcohol is served on the mountain, however. Skied in Italy mid-Feb and no change.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ok so nothing new then. He's with his family (2 young children) so he's not there to get hammered just the occasional refreshing beer on the slopes every now and then.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Nope. Just jumping to unsubstantiated conclusions!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
zikomo wrote:
Nope. Just jumping to unsubstantiated conclusions!

Ok thanks, I will let him know
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I was in Passo Tonale last week. We were told about the rules pre-departure and at the hotel - but alcohol was being sold virtually everywhere on the mountain. And to people clearly in ski gear...
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
fixx wrote:
I was in Passo Tonale last week. We were told about the rules pre-departure and at the hotel - but alcohol was being sold virtually everywhere on the mountain. And to people clearly in ski gear...

So there has been a rule change?? I'm confused.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
As I understand skiing while drunk is illegal and they've defined a blood alcohol level for "drunk".
They've also made it law that you should have 3rd party liability insurance (should be included in your travel insurance anyway).
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
adithorp wrote:
As I understand skiing while drunk is illegal and they've defined a blood alcohol level for "drunk".
They've also made it law that you should have 3rd party liability insurance (should be included in your travel insurance anyway).

So not too dissimilar to the drink driving laws? Is this only Italy?

I don't like to be "drunk" whilst skiing but I would always have 2/3 on the slopes before heading for proper Apres off the mountain. If this is now technically illegal, I'll think twice about having that second/third pint on the mountain.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The drink/ski limit is now the same as the drink/drive limit.
“They” (police, soccorso etc) can breathalyse you if they want, but probably won’t unless you’ve been a proper what’s-it or caused a significant accident.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Roscoe wrote:
adithorp wrote:

So not too dissimilar to the drink driving laws? Is this only Italy?

I don't like to be "drunk" whilst skiing but I would always have 2/3 on the slopes before heading for proper Apres off the mountain. If this is now technically illegal, I'll think twice about having that second/third pint on the mountain.

I don't know about Italy but if you only had 2 or 3 beers in the Mooserwirt/Krazy Kangaruh in St Anton, you would probably be the most sober person on the slope. Half the people who leave there can barely walk, never mind ski. If it was policed, they would probably have to send you back to drink some more beer because you were too sober.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The Nederhutte in Obergurgl has a good solution to this, they have the 'snowmobile train for drunk people' where they ferry people back to town in carriages towed by a snow mobile. I've never been in such a bad state that I've used it myself but it's very popular.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Nope. I had a couple of beers with lunch in Claviere a few weeks back.

I think there is a new law though, so you drink at your own peril.
ski holidays
From the Pila website

Quote:

It is forbidden to ski while intoxicated by alcoholic beverages or under the effects of drugs.
The management reserves the right to not allow the facilities to be used by persons who, in addition to the cases provided for by law, are clearly unfit to do so owing to being maimed, to their physical or mental conditions, or to being evidently incapacitated by alcohol or other, and thus appear unable to use them without danger to themselves and to others.
snow report
Roscoe wrote:

You want a mulligan? You need one.
latest report
Roscoe wrote:

It's always invalidated your insurance.

Only Italy.

But there wouldn't be many "on the slopes" as it's illegal to be on the pistes after they've closed.
snow report
I really don't know what the fuss is all about. Should not be skiing when drunk. And nobody is bothered if you have a glass of win at lunch/ a beer or two in the way down at the end of the day. Be sensible.
ski holidays

http://youtube.com/v/b8s8VsOvKUk

amongst many others.....
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy