Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any advice on St. Anton for a group trip?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I have been asked by a group of 10 Americans to organise a European ski trip for the 22/23 season. They are all experienced skiers and their top priority is good snow followed by some element of European atmosphere. I’ve settled on St. Anton as the probable location.

Can anyone give me any advice on when the best time to visit would be? I want to find a week when it’s not busy but the snow is still good i.e. not too late in the season. Ideally it would be sometime between Half Term and Easter. Does anyone have a feeling for a good week in St. Anton during that period?

I’d like this group to experience the chalet experience if that’s possible with shared meals etc... Does anyone have any recommendations on a well located chalet that could accommodate our group? They will not be interested in anything too fancy although they are all professionals in their late 50s so will not want ultra budget options either.

Thank you very much for reading this and for any advice.

Best regards,

Joe
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@jwengler, early March is usually a good time. Winter holidays are spread out, usually through February though this year, with a late Easter, spread into the first week of March. March usually sees peak snow depths and has the advantage of longer days, with the reasonable possibility of some time post skiing sitting in the sunshine. Depending on your group you might want to think about Lech too. St Anton is one of the top spots for Austrian "apres ski" (look up Mooserwirt & Krazy Kanguruh amongst others) but that is not necessarily for everyone. Lech is somewhat more (dare I say it) refined, which might appeal more to your group than gallons of beer, schnapps & belting out Sweet Caroline, though there are plenty of upmarket spots in St Anton too. Both places have access to the same great skiing.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks very much Munich Irish. Really appreciate it. If anyone knows of a good chalet or operator they can recommend that would be appreciated too. Thanks.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I worked a season in st Anton, fantastic place. Early Jan would be excellent too ie just after new years when the prices drop
You cannot get more European than the moosevirt bar for apres
Will dm you
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy